• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

Sorry these scans are a bit big. I think I had the upload settings a bit out and now the images are a bit in your face.

steelcity,

I need a bigger boat, lol er monitor. :sumo:

Great cover on this issue:

DetectiveComics375.jpg

I have noticed that the issues with the Batmobile featured on the cover tend to stand out. :headbang:

Edited by frozentundraguy

Sorry these scans are a bit big. I think I had the upload settings a bit out and now the images are a bit in your face.

steelcity,

DetectiveComics375.jpg

I have noticed that the issues with the Batmobile featured on the cover tend to stand out. :headbang:

Is Batman waiving or is he grimacing in pain as he clips his nuts on the steering wheel. BTW what's with the second steering wheel? :grin:

steelcity,

DetectiveComics375.jpg

Is Batman waiving or is he grimacing in pain as he clips his nuts on the steering wheel. BTW what's with the second steering wheel? :grin:

Thats so robin feels important. lol

I love the later 60's covers as well. They have a "big" feeling to them. I don't know why but thats what i always think when i see them. Probably because of the close up perspective that most of those covers have.

Pre 1965 comics in general are harder to find in high grade. In 1965 many, but not all, comic readers became aware that comic books would be collectible in the future, hence more care was taken in handling the books. In additon the cover durability of comics decreased sometime in the mid 50's making books from the late 50's onward harder to find in grade. Check some different books via the CGC site dated 67 to 69, and then check the same titles from 57 to 59. this should demonstrate the lack of high grade books from the late 50's. For Batman 105 from 1957, which Steve has kindly posted above, a check of the census reveals 1 book at 8.5, 1 at 8.0, 3 at 7.5, and 6 graded at 7.0.