• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Does anyone have contact information for The Silver Age ?

He sold me a book with undisclosed restoration. Ironman #1, I had it slabbed and was shocked to find it was trimmed.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=185361&Number=3835526#Post3835526

I have tried to PM him and also tried to contact him through ebay. He has not posted since November. I am thinking he may have been unaware of the trim. I would like to give him a chance to make things right. But he seems to have disappeared. Any help would be appreciated.

Need to add Akiyama. Bought some spider-man books from me about 40 days ago. Got shipping cost set and it came time to pay then nothing from him. Sent PM after 10 days which he read but no response. Sent final PM week ago, unread by him. Was not a very big amount of money, only about $60-$70.

2nd that nomination. Same thing happened to me. I PM'd him about a week ago to say I was adding him.

Sounds like a repeat offender. Back to ebay you craven celery stick.

Sorry to hear it guys. Seems that the non-payment issue is getting worse

and worse--I blame ebay's no negs for buyers policy.

K ... What a bummer to have to start out a nice Friday Weekend this way but I guess I'm going to have to bring GoodAsh to the attention of the community.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=241693&Number=5269212#Post5269212

As you can see I was his only buyer and I paid with Paypal on the same day (12/1).

I waited for about two weeks then PMed on the 16th and he replied his grandma had just passed away and was dealing with family matters. I waited until after the Holidays and PMed again on 1/4 - no reply yet. He hasn't posted since 1-1.

I just thought I'd put this out there just in case he started another sales thread or something. I'm not one that polices the marketplace and didn't want someone else to get nailed. I'm hoping someone here actually knows him and can nudge him.

Maybe he just forgot me. :ohnoez:

This is my last post ever here. Aces your book is finally in the mail. Goodash/ Steve has no relation to me. If possible, I would like for the mods to close my account.

Date stamp of post: 01/09/12 02:27 PM

Been 9 days with no Holiday and no book. Maybe he sent it Media mail?

:taptaptap:

Just keeping folks informed. I'm not dying over $20 book although it would be my 1st ASM 55 ever and one of the few SA holes left and would like to read the story... :frustrated:

I Finally got my ASM 55 in the mail today.

Originally graded at Fine and I think it's more like 7.0/7.5- Very Nice.

I would be happy to buy more from this seller if they didn't wait 70 days to mail things. :foryou:

I guess as far as I'm concerned GoodAsh can be removed from the list, but I think he has to go through at least two others after me.

K ... What a bummer to have to start out a nice Friday Weekend this way but I guess I'm going to have to bring GoodAsh to the attention of the community.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=241693&Number=5269212#Post5269212

As you can see I was his only buyer and I paid with Paypal on the same day (12/1).

I waited for about two weeks then PMed on the 16th and he replied his grandma had just passed away and was dealing with family matters. I waited until after the Holidays and PMed again on 1/4 - no reply yet. He hasn't posted since 1-1.

I just thought I'd put this out there just in case he started another sales thread or something. I'm not one that polices the marketplace and didn't want someone else to get nailed. I'm hoping someone here actually knows him and can nudge him.

Maybe he just forgot me. :ohnoez:

This is my last post ever here. Aces your book is finally in the mail. Goodash/ Steve has no relation to me. If possible, I would like for the mods to close my account.

Date stamp of post: 01/09/12 02:27 PM

Been 9 days with no Holiday and no book. Maybe he sent it Media mail?

:taptaptap:

Just keeping folks informed. I'm not dying over $20 book although it would be my 1st ASM 55 ever and one of the few SA holes left and would like to read the story... :frustrated:

I Finally got my ASM 55 in the mail today.

Originally graded at Fine and I think it's more like 7.0/7.5- Very Nice.

I would be happy to buy more from this seller if they didn't wait 70 days to mail things. :foryou:

I guess as far as I'm concerned GoodAsh can be removed from the list, but I think he has to go through at least two others after me.

Good to hear, it's a start.

Green first noticed this, but it is worth bringing to the general attention of the boards I think....

Daken2626 remains on probation and is attempting to purchase in the sales forum. In this case, it was in a newer boardie's first sales thread...may have been trying to take advantage of someone less familiar with the forum or it may have been coincidence :shrug:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5448268&fpart=1

He appeared to cause a bit of a headache for Beachbum in a sales thread a month or so back and was confronted there...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=243795&Number=5331259#Post5331259

Anyway, sellers may want to keep their eyes open and pass on warnings as appropriate if you happen to see the :takeit: