Page 8 of 104 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#5563415 - 03/30/12 11:50 AM Re: The continuing crisis at Fukushima Dai-ichi [Re: Mr 9.8]
tomega Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: Massapequa Park NY 11762
 Originally Posted By: Mr 9.8
hm

Jon Stewart’s ‘Daily Show’ Goes Nuclear With Power-Industry Ads

“The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” is going nuclear.
The Nuclear Energy Institute, representing companies including Entergy Corp. (ETR) and Southern Co. (SO), will use the Emmy- award winning Comedy Central show starting today for an advertising campaign showing the value of atomic power a year after the triple meltdown at Japan’s Fukushima Dai-Ichi plant.

The industry wants “to reach some of the younger audience that are helping to shape policy,” Scott Peterson, the Washington-based industry group’s senior vice president for communications, told reporters on a conference call yesterday.
NEI will double its annual advertising spending on the campaign, Peterson said, without providing specific figures. The ads will appear in the next six months in such outlets as the Washington Post, the Economist, Bloomberg Businessweek, and on “NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams,” the network’s “Meet the Press,” National Public Radio and Facebook.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-20...dustry-ads.html

Good news, we need more nuclear plants. Kudos to the John Stewart crew.

Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building.

#5563676 - 03/30/12 02:04 PM Re: The continuing crisis at Fukushima Dai-ichi [Re: tomega]
Mr 9.8 Online   offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The CURSED Earth!
California Slammed With Fukushima Radiation
Zero Hedge
March 30, 2012
The Journal Environmental Science and Technology reports in a new study that the Fukushima radiation plume contacted North America at California “with greatest exposure in central and southern California”, and that Southern California’s seaweed tested over 500% higher for radioactive iodine-131 than anywhere else in the U.S. and Canada:
Projected paths of the radioactive atmospheric plume emanating from the Fukushima reactors, best described as airborne particles or aerosols for 131I, 137Cs, and 35S, and subsequent atmospheric monitoring showed it coming in contact with the North American continent at California, with greatest exposure in central and southern California. Government monitoring sites in Anaheim (southern California) recorded peak airborne concentrations of 131I at 1.9 pCi m−3
Anaheim is where Disneyland is located.
EneNews summarizes the data:
Corona Del Mar (Highest in Southern California)
2.5 Bq/gdwt (gram dry weight)= 2,500 Bq/kg of dry seaweed
Santa Cruz (Highest in Central California)
2.0 Bq/gdwt = 2,000 Bq/kg of dry seaweed
Simon Fraser University in Canada also tested North American seaweed after Fukushima:
“In samples of dehydrated seaweed taken on March 15 near the North Vancouver SeaBus terminal, the count was zero; on March 22 it was 310 Bq per kilogram; and by March 28 it was 380 Bq/kg.” -Vancouver Sun
Seaweed in Seattle also tested positive for iodine-131; levels were not reported -KIRO
No results after March 28 were reported
In addition, radioactive debris is starting to wash up on the Pacific Coast. And because the Japanese are burning radioactive materials instead of disposing of them, radioactive rain-outs will continue for some time … even on the Pacific Coast.
Of course, the government is doing everything it can to help citizens cover up what’s occurring. We pointed out in January:
Instead of doing much to try to protect their citizens from Fukushima, Japan, the U.S. and the EU all just raised the radiation levels they deem “safe”.
Nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen says that high-level friends in the State Department told him that Hillary Clinton signed a pact with her counterpart in Japan agreeing that the U.S. will continue buying seafood from Japan, despite that food not being tested for radioactive materials [see this].
And the Department of Energy is trying to replace the scientifically accepted model of the dangers of low dose radiation based on voodoo science. Specifically, DOE’s Lawrence Berkeley Labs used a mutant line of human cells in a petri dish which was able to repair damage from low doses of radiation, and extrapolated to the unsupported conclusion that everyone is immune to low doses of radiation….
Indeed:
American and Canadian authorities have virtually stopped monitoring airborne radiation, and are not testing fish for radiation. (Indeed, the EPA reacted to Fukushima by raising “acceptable” radiation levels.)
So – as in Japan – radiation is usually discovered by citizens and the handful of research scientists with funding to check, and not the government. See this, this, this, this, this and this
The Japanese government’s entire strategy from day one has been to cover up the severity of the Fukushima accident. This has likely led to unnecessary, additional deaths.
Indeed, the core problem is that all of the world’s nuclear agencies are wholly captured by the nuclear industry … as are virtually all of the supposedly independent health agencies.
So the failure of the American, Canadian and other governments to test for and share results is making it difficult to hold an open scientific debate about what is happening.
And it’s not just radiation from Japan. An effort by the Southern California Edison power company to secretly ramp up production to avoid public disclosure may have led to a leak at the San Onofre nuclear power plant.
People love seeing violence and horrible things. The human being is bad and he can't stand more than five minutes of happiness. Put him in a dark theater and ask him to look at two hours of happiness and he'd walk out or fall asleep.

- Paul Verhoeven

#5575227 - 04/04/12 04:08 PM Re: The continuing crisis at Fukushima Dai-ichi [Re: Mr 9.8]
Mr 9.8 Online   offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Well, if this is true the children of Japan are screwed!

http://www.cancer.gov/newscenter/pressreleases/2011/ChernobylRadiation

Higher cancer risk continues after Chernobyl;

NIH study finds that thyroid cancer risk for those who were children and adolescents when exposed to fallout has not yet begun to decline
People love seeing violence and horrible things. The human being is bad and he can't stand more than five minutes of happiness. Put him in a dark theater and ask him to look at two hours of happiness and he'd walk out or fall asleep.

- Paul Verhoeven

#5586164 - 04/08/12 06:38 PM Re: The continuing crisis at Fukushima Dai-ichi [Re: Mr 9.8]
50 Cent #II (1st) Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: USSA
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981248891

"...releasing 85 times more Cesium-137 than what was released at Chernobyl more than 25 years ago."

#5586463 - 04/08/12 08:53 PM Re: The continuing crisis at Fukushima Dai-ichi [Re: 50 Cent #II (1st)]
Mr 9.8 Online   offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

- Paul Verhoeven

#5611036 - 04/18/12 08:25 PM Re: The continuing crisis at Fukushima Dai-ichi [Re: Mr 9.8]
Mr 9.8 Online   offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

- Paul Verhoeven

#5616595 - 04/21/12 02:08 AM Re: The continuing crisis at Fukushima Dai-ichi [Re: Mr 9.8]
Not*Sure* Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: reading my comics ignoring u
it is not harmless...officials are downplaying it..they do not want to cause widespread panic.

I have held off commenting on this thread..and I am sorry it is no reflection on Mr.9.8 I think he is absolutlely spot on.

Seafood,sealife, water,soil and in general anything that comes through went by that area is tainted.

One the one hand japanese officials are holding beauty contests for the cutest/prettiest student who only eats food coming from the areas around the disaster..sure she may be cute now..but when her hair and teeth fall out and she starts getting nosebleeds..I am sure they will not be touting her a a vision of health and well being.

Not only that but that mountain of carp working its way here..well it's already effecting everything in it's path and the water that goes through it by it around and spreads further and further around the globe..will contaminate us ALL..

maybe not today..but seriously we can look forward to serious future ramifications. Diseases,cancers,genetic anomalies and serious problems maybe not for us..ourselves..but the future will ALL be tainted in some part by this disaster.
This is definitely a crisis for sure. Anyone who tells you it is harmless is full of *spoon*..take it from someone who knows a lot about being exposed to radiation..

my father worked at a nuclear weapons facility for years..my mom worked in a hospital in this city where the entire town revolves around atomic energy.

Does my dad have a rare eye disease and mysterious symptoms from just being around for 80 years? Or would it have something to do with him having to under go decontamination multiple times a day every day for years handling radioactive materials (even though he would be in a hazmat suit) Every project he would have to dump his tools/supplies and put his hazmat suit into an incinerator be decontaminated and repeat this procedure multiple times a day go to the next lab and then next..

My mom Thank God she has been cancer free for 30 years now (curiously after quitting her job in the medical profession in this Atomic city and we moved out of the immediate area) But she had 6 different bouts of different KINDS of cancer before being fired for missing 90 days of work in one year (87 of those days were spent ADMITTED into the hospital she worked in ...she was in for surgeries to removed the uterine,bone cancer via surgery that year) I never thought about it when I was a kid..She had an array of wigs and was always going for chemo etc..

it never dawned on me until later in life it wasn't just something every family goes through. Someone else made me understand my Mom was a freaking miracle..I always thought it was odd school officials made me give so much verification of my mom's sickness as justification for me missing so much school or being late because I was having to help out getting my foster brothers and sisters ready for school..I now understand someone having cancer 6 times is not normal...

Odd isn't it that since losing her job there she has not had a single cancer cell since?

She also contracted a "rare" disease to the eyes as my father had..

We used to joke around the holidays (because my mom hates putting up decorations) that we would just stand dad in the corner because he glowed ..and mom could stand in the yard as christmas lights..

but really isn't that funny. Friends of the family dropped like flies around us ..

So how can they explain away in Japan the cancer clusters to come? Take the TV personality who openly ate produce from the area touting it's safety..who has now been diagnosed with lymphatic cancer..the new vernacular in Japan "Radiation Divorce" where mom and dad disagree about if it is safe or not and mom is tired of lethargic kids with nosebleeds and leave the dad behind to contaminate himself ..get's a divorce to get somewhere safe..

For all of you that say "it's safe you guys don't understand the nature of radiation blah blah" yea Okay go live there..eat the food..drink the water..if you think it is so safe.

For all that say "The goverment has done testing and assures it is safe"

SERIOUSLY if you believe them..you are one of the sheep..

I think through currents and air flow..rain,fog,marine layers..

WE here in America as well as everyone else will being seeing problems because of this disaster

it was worse than Chernobyl..just better covered up..and Chernobyl was covered up big time..the cover up about the japanese crisis is on a massive massive scale..

I know why the officials are covering it up so deeply as to not panic the herd and cause massive problems with people who it should really scare the carp out of...

But the future I fear will be very grim when we find out the scale of the problems this disaster will cause for the future..

As Mr.9.8 says it is a "cursed Earth"

kudos for him having the balls to tell it like it is and keep us all informed. The media well..they are very controlled and I am willing to bet it's a lot worse than even the shows/news that are trying t oget the truth out..don't know the half..

*steps of soap box*
As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
*Spoon you* I'm eating!

#5616960 - 04/21/12 10:32 AM Re: The continuing crisis at Fukushima Dai-ichi [Re: Not*Sure*]
bronzilla Offline

My friends call me "etc"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Outside the Matrix. Where RU?
Yep, kudos to 9.8 for keeping the thread alive and putting a spotlight on reports that won't be showcased in the mainstream media. Who knows where this all will lead to, but if history tells us anything it's the fact that the official line coming from those in charge is often not exactly grounded in reality. Analysis of these events in the mainstream in my opinion will Likely be quite different a few years down the road.
Populations suffer from a fear of change, for their conditioning assumes a static identity. Challenging ones belief system usually results in insult and aprehension. Being wrong is eroniously associated with failure, when in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates us to a new level of understanding. There is no such thing as a smart Human being, for it is merely a matter of time before their ideas are updated, changed or eradicated. This tendency to hold on to a belief system, any belief system and sheltering it from new possibly transforming information, is nothing less than intellectual materialism. Dominant World views operate with the same social irrelevancy, they exist as barriers to social and individual growth. Major institutions exist as barriers to personal and social growth for each group perpetuates a closed world view.

Pat Tillman... Remember him please, he deserved so much more. http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/

#5620707 - 04/22/12 07:42 PM Re: The continuing crisis at Fukushima Dai-ichi [Re: bronzilla]
50 Cent #II (1st) Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: USSA
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-alv...3414,b=facebook

#5623792 - 04/23/12 09:52 PM Re: The continuing crisis at Fukushima Dai-ichi [Re: 50 Cent #II (1st)]
Mr 9.8 Online   offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

- Paul Verhoeven

Page 8 of 104 « First<678910>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Two Large Size Notes CHEAP
by BRIAN339
10:46 PM
SOLD
by PrezErrors
11/25/14 03:40 PM
Rainbow Toned Franklin and Nuclear Toned Lincoln for sale
by PCcoins
11/25/14 09:23 AM
Huge BLACK FRIDAY Sale starting at 12 am November 28th!
by JackieOF
11/24/14 08:28 PM
Comics Marketplace
Anyone interested in a Double Cover Dells?
by gdfisher
02:02 AM
Avengers HUGE Movie Banner
by Secret Son
10:50 PM
TRADE ONLY- Detective Comics 39, 94, 111; Ned Adventure 18, Am. Spider-Man 14
by timecrisisfan
10:36 PM
Turkey Day Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC .5 Blue Cr-OW Pages
by jgallo
10:34 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.022 seconds in which 0.012 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.