• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How old are Comic Collectors?
4 4

How old are you?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

602 posts in this topic

25. Started collecting 3 years ago and used this forum regularly for over a year. I ended up selling much of my collection after getting too carried away and needed to raise some cash. Stan Lee's imminent visit to the UK has revived my interest and I'm now tentatively back in the game.

Edited by StarkEnterprises

Thanks for asking!

Now that I'm getting them graded, little by little, I'm afraid they'll stay in the family for awhile.

Just sent off my ALL-STAR #38 ('48), CAPTAIN AMERICA #60 ('47) and FLASH COMICS #98

('48)...I'll let you know how they grade.

mm

Thanks for asking!

Now that I'm getting them graded, little by little, I'm afraid they'll stay in the family for awhile.

Just sent off my ALL-STAR #38 ('48), CAPTAIN AMERICA #60 ('47) and FLASH COMICS #98

('48)...I'll let you know how they grade.

mm

Please do - given I now own nothing that I bought off the newsstand myself, then next best book for me is one that came from an original owner. Kudos for saving your books - if you have time, post a few pics - I'd love to see what you bought back in the day!

I am 33. Been reading and collecting comics since I was 8. My first comic given to me by my father was Batman #1. Over the next 10 years every birthday was filled with a new key golden age grail... I now own over 300 books all keys. I currently have over 90 of the top 100 GA books according to OSPG.

Started at around 7 or 8, tagging along with my brother and cousin to watch them buy their books. Continued until about 16 or 17 and didn't return until I was 31. At for two years now.

The ALL-STAR #38 came back a 6.0...the FLASH #98 a 5.5 and CAPTAIN AMERICA #60

came back a 7.0. Not bad for nearly 70 year old books that were in and out of boxes

while moving to 4 different states, then put away for almost 30 years.

mm

The ALL-STAR #38 came back a 6.0...the FLASH #98 a 5.5 and CAPTAIN AMERICA #60

came back a 7.0. Not bad for nearly 70 year old books that were in and out of boxes

while moving to 4 different states, then put away for almost 30 years.

mm

:applause: nice one Marty!

Thanks!

Next off to be graded are BATMAN #47...SUPERMAN #53...and MARVEL FAMILY #1.

Then FLASH #104 and SUPERBOY #1.

It's been suggested that I start a thread about my collection...not sure there would be that

much interest...but it's a thought.

mm

Thanks for your interest...my collection is a real cross section of comic books from my

ALL-WINNERS #4 in 1942 to WEIRD-SCIENCE-FANTASY #26 in 1954 with other one-

shots like The ATOMIC THUNDERBOLT #1 from 1946 to KO KOMICS #1 in 1945 and

all in still pretty good shape.

mm