• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking about making a probation sub-forum

65 posts in this topic

There can be threads for each potential offense/offender. That would be easier to navigate and organize.

• Administrator

I'm not talking about any official one thread per person thing. Just an open area for discussion.

I'm not sold on the idea. I think it would help people to organize and highlight issues a bit, but it might also just turn into an area over-loaded with opinion fights.

• Administrator

I'm not sold on the idea. I think it would help people to organize and highlight issues a bit, but it might also just turn into an area over-loaded with opinion fights.

Here? Oh, come on!

Hard to believe, I know. Does here = the internet? ;)

I think that might happen regardless. I agree that it would be a more organized way of categorizing things - and even with the eventual flame-wars discussions might incite, at least everything would have it's place.

Thinking about making a sub-forum for the probation list. Stickied probation updates at the top, rules at the top, locked, dicussions in multiple threads below.

Thoughts?

So in theory, if someone has a new posible probation issue to discuss, they would start a new thread instead of the current all in one approach?

Is that where you're going?

Here? Oh, come on!

Hard to believe, I know. Does here = the internet? ;)

I was thinking of the boards specifically, but either shoe probably fits.

Thinking about making a sub-forum for the probation list. Stickied probation updates at the top, rules at the top, locked, dicussions in multiple threads below.

Thoughts?

So in theory, if someone has a new posible probation issue to discuss, they would start a new thread instead of the current all in one approach?

Is that where you're going?

Could work.

Thoughts?

I like it as well, especially the multiple threads. I know you said were not thinking sub-topics based on individual incidents, but that would certainly make it much easier going forward to check out individual cases, even with the inevitable banter (yes, I have resigned myself to the reality of inevitable banter.) :baiting::foryou:

Thoughts?

Where would you put the General Discussion thread (which gets a lot of traffic) and the announcement thread (which gets so so traffic)?

Sub forum sounds good to me right below the Kudos Forum.

Separate threads for each discussion sounds doable as long as there is some common sense in the thread titles.

Park sucks blankety blank blank and should blankety blank blank himself while blankety blank blanking will probably not be productive.

Can we also have a play area for reprobates such as myself? :wishluck:

Thoughts?

I like it as well, especially the multiple threads. I know you said were not thinking sub-topics based on individual incidents, but that would certainly make it much easier going forward to check out individual cases, even with the inevitable banter (yes, I have resigned myself to the reality of inevitable banter.) :baiting::foryou:

Alright, thirteen relatively serious posts. Can we derail this thing now? I believe there are some serious cliffhangers that need resolution.

:foryou:

Thoughts?

Alright, thirteen relatively serious posts. Can we derail this thing now? I believe there are some serious cliffhangers that need resolution.

A minimum of 17 relatively serious posts is required before derailment is not looked upon as boorish and bourgeois.

Thoughts?

A minimum of 17 relatively serious posts is required before derailment is not looked upon as boorish and bourgeois.

:popcorn:

Thoughts?

Duly noted.

I'll be back later.

We've got a Probation Discussions thread and a General thread already. Why one more?

If Arch is going to put time into this... then maybe they could mark offending PL & HOS listers accounts so we won't have to search the lists and would know immediatly when they post.

Arch/Mods don't have to be "involved" in monetary transactions as others have noted this action would be... all Arch has to do is help identify trouble makers that were deemed that way by the community.

Just saying...

We've got a Probation Discussions thread and a General thread already. Why one more?

If Arch is going to put time into this... then maybe they could mark offending PL & HOS listers accounts so we won't have to search the lists and would know immediatly when they post.

Arch/Mods don't have to be "involved" in monetary transactions as others have noted this action would be... all Arch has to do is help identify trouble makers that were deemed that way by the community.

Just saying...

Well if we could get sub-forums in the new thread, where each incident would have its own thread, there would be no need for the old Prob Disc to remain active. It could be locked for archival use but new PL/HOS candidate discussions would occur within the relevant sub-topics.

It would make searching a heck of a lot easier as well, as one could look for the "offender" name in the Subject Line of the new forum.

Again, though, I don't think a corporate owned and run message board is going to start letting Mods single individuals and give them "Scarlet Letters", so to speak, next to their names. There would also be added overhead for hem keeping track of or being PMd to remove the stigmata if a case is resolved and someone is removed.