• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
5 5

1,502 posts in this topic

prettiest 6.0 in the history of 6.0s

did you get the grading notes? Was there anything else that contributed to the drastic drop besides the tape stain?

no creases, good spine... man thats a pretty book that should have a grade starting with a 9 not a 6! I didnt realize how hard they graded interior stains..

Posted this one in the January Comiclink Auction thread, but this thread needs a bump. I should have it in hand in the next week or two.

RAD860A620111122_114417.jpg

Gotta love those white pages. Dynamite book and one of the great covers of the Silver Age. Congrats! PS--NOw I know where George W. got the idea for drone missles. (lol)

Edited by Stevenrams

GreenLantern4.jpg Here's mine. It has White pages, but probably not quite as nice as yours. I bought this at Passport Comics in North Hollywood on Victory Blvd with Green Lantern 5. I had the GL 5 slabbed a couple of years ago and it came back a 9.0 with OW/W pages. I got both books pretty cheaply. I never understood Earl's method of pricing Silver Age books but if he had charged what they were really worth, the store would probably still be in business today. Sadly he passed away a few years ago. One of his friends told me of his passing on his website. I forget his name now, but he was into dinosaurs and he wrote the novelization for Star Wars. I'll have to look it up. I liked Earl's wife, too. Too bad they were chain smokers. Heck, I probably inhaled some of that second-hand smoke. OH yeah, I just remembered. It was Don Glut. Edited by Stevenrams

I received my #4 today, but I won't repost the front cover since it's a few posts prior. Here's the back cover of the 7.5 and my under copy though:

I imagine the chips and tears at the top are what hammered the grade to a 7.5

6797286395_0f3d884c33_b.jpg

Try to identify the color touch on my under copy, the scan doesn't show it as much though. :facepalm:

71370018_258f17c913_o.jpg

I received my #4 today, but I won't repost the front cover since it's a few posts prior. Here's the back cover of the 7.5 and my under copy though:

I was the underbidder on this book. Even with the BC problems I think I still would have bid but it's annoying that Clink does not display the BC. I like what HA does, selectively display the BC, usually to show any issues.

Personally, I would crack this book out of the slab. The FC is so nice and you won't see the BC with a Backing Board. If the BC bothers you contact me if you ever want to get rid of it, seriously !

That's still what helluva copy. The centering and WP's more than make up for it. For the bottom copy, I see black color touch on the spine. Any other color touch, not visible from the scan?

Yeh, there's lots of places along the spine that where touched up by a black sharpie. GL's right arm has a big area filled in as well. All the ct has bleed through also. Any idea what I could sell this copy for? I don't have much experience selling restored comics.

I was the underbidder on this book. Even with the BC problems I think I still would have bid but it's annoying that Clink does not display the BC. I like what HA does, selectively display the BC, usually to show any issues.

Personally, I would crack this book out of the slab. The FC is so nice and you won't see the BC with a Backing Board. If the BC bothers you contact me if you ever want to get rid of it, seriously !

I think back cover scans are occasionally provided. I knew a majority of the flaws with this book were likely on the back, but I was willing to take the risks. The chips don't bother me as much as having a resto copy, so I'm content for now.

That's still what helluva copy. The centering and WP's more than make up for it. For the bottom copy, I see black color touch on the spine. Any other color touch, not visible from the scan?

Yeh, there's lots of places along the spine that where touched up by a black sharpie. GL's right arm has a big area filled in as well. All the ct has bleed through also. Any idea what I could sell this copy for? I don't have much experience selling restored comics.

For a non key book, as a general Rule of Thumb I go with about 25% of the unrestored FMV. I know it sounds stupid but I have intentionally sent in some key books with CT to get graded by CGC. I think it is an easier sell in the slab if the book grades out and the buyer knows the full extent of the resto. If this were a Marvel I would suggest getting it signed by Stan Lee (lol) !

For a non key book, as a general Rule of Thumb I go with about 25% of the unrestored FMV. I know it sounds stupid but I have intentionally sent in some key books with CT to get graded by CGC. I think it is an easier sell in the slab if the book grades out and the buyer knows the full extent of the resto. If this were a Marvel I would suggest getting it signed by Stan Lee (lol) !

+1 It's a not shabby GL4, so in a slab will do fine for resale.