• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,337 posts in this topic

:)

Those look to be in great condition!

The first 3 all seem to be in excellent condition. The last one has a page crease at front from book being read.

Does anyone have any experience with these digests when it comes to their sizes. I lined up all 4 and they all seem to be different sizes and even a bit of angles on each. Is this common?

Is anyone here reading the GI Joe series that continues the original Marvel Joe stories? I read the free 155 1/2 and liked it, but haven't read any issues since. Is it any good? :gossip:

I've heard mixed reviews, though it sounds like it's gotten better as it's continued. I know Larry Hama wasn't happy with the original artist assigned to the book, but really likes working with Gallant. I read the FCBD issue and 156, and I've picked up one or two more along the way. I've been thinking about jumping on at the next good point, as well as going back and picking up the trades. The original series was my favorite back in the day and I really am interested in seeing what's being done with it now.

I HAVE been reading the other IDW books, and the Cobra Command storyline as been really, really good--edge of my seat good. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Well Joe fans... This June (officially) will be the 30th Anniversary of the release of GI Joe: A Real American Hero #1!

30 YEARS!!! Hard to believe that it's been 29.5 years since I was asking Santa for a VAMP, FLAK, Stalker (which was my favorite Joe for a while), etc.

Although it was another couple years before I got into the comic series I have to say CONGRATS to Larry Hama, Marvel, and Hasbro! Not many comic series last 155 issues over 12.5 years. And cartoons, action figures, nearly 50 separate comic series from mini's to on-going series 30 years later, 2 major motion pictures, not to mention all the other merchandise!!!

A big thank you to Larry Hama and all those artist and writers that brought GI Joe to life over the last 30 years and

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THOSE 3-3/4" GI JOE'S & HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO GI JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO!!! :golfclap:

Well Joe fans... This June (officially) will be the 30th Anniversary of the release of GI Joe: A Real American Hero #1!

30 YEARS!!! Hard to believe that it's been 29.5 years since I was asking Santa for a VAMP, FLAK, Stalker (which was my favorite Joe for a while), etc.

Although it was another couple years before I got into the comic series I have to say CONGRATS to Larry Hama, Marvel, and Hasbro! Not many comic series last 155 issues over 12.5 years. And cartoons, action figures, nearly 50 separate comic series from mini's to on-going series 30 years later, 2 major motion pictures, not to mention all the other merchandise!!!

A big thank you to Larry Hama and all those artist and writers that brought GI Joe to life over the last 30 years and

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THOSE 3-3/4" GI JOE'S & HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO GI JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO!!! :golfclap:

:applause: + 1

Adding to that... I looked at the census and was blown away by the number of #21's in 9.8 (45?) I had about 10 of them which would get 9.8's now due to pressing and what I've seen as lower grading standards. If there was ONE tiny spine stress at all, or a slight tick in the corners of the spine, it was an instant 9.6. I remember it was years before one was found, as I offered a handsome bounty for one. Good thing I left collecting for a while.

Once people realized how much they would sell for they started digging them out and went to shows and LCS looking for high grade copies. The same thing has happened in the sports card market. As time goes on more and more cards get graded driving up the numbers and ultimately dropping the value as they are not scarce anymore.

Got to admit that even though the value of a 9.8 #21 has dropped they are still damn cool to own especially for Joe fans.

Edited by kidcolt

Oh, hell yeah! I can pick one up for a few hundred bucks now, and the price will only continue to drop as more pop up. That being said, the ones I've seen in 9.8 look no better than 9.6's. I must have sent in 20 copies, and 18 were 9.6 ,and the other 2 were 9.4's. From what I recall, about half of those would grade a 9.8, with the now allowable stress marks and pressing.

Questions. I looked for the 3-D issues of Blackthorne up in the census, and i couldn't even find a listing for them. I've seen some of them graded, so i know they should have them listed somewhere. Where would i find them? That, and how are the glasses secured inside the book? Were they originally wrapped, or was it connected to it inside? Thanks!