Doug,
isnt he at every KC show we both attend lol

#5355430 - 01/06/12 06:05 PM Re: Help Wanted [Re: Rich_Henn]
mad-dogz Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: NC
 Originally Posted By: Rich_Henn
 Originally Posted By: MedicAR
I was about to start a thread looking for some help getting a sketch done when it hit me. Why start a thread every time someone wants something done or picked up at a show? If we consolidate it, it might be a lot easier and get a lot more eyes on it. If there are more eyes maybe there is a better chance of getting it done.

So here we go, I'm looking for someone to get a Ghost Rider sketch done for me on a GR blank by Mark Texiera. I would prefer CGC SS but it isn't necessary.

Doug, touch base with me next month on this.

I can do it---I can tell you from experience with Mark and Renee and these sketch covers----I'm assuming you're talking about the black Midnight Sons crossovers from the 1990s? he hates working on those but he'll do it.

If it's just a GR white blank then never mind!
But from what I remember, last time I inquired about one it was something like $125 for the bust shot.

Renee jacked his prices up from $75 in 2010

Renee's tough lol

I got this at Heroes last year. Wish I knew a GR blank was gonna come out would have waited. I can't remember if it was 125 or not. For some reason I was thinking 175.

#5355493 - 01/06/12 06:35 PM Re: Help Wanted [Re: mad-dogz]
DatBoiC Offline
The Collectinator

Loc: Baton Rouge, LA
I just got finish e-mailing Renee to set up a sketch with Micheal Golden for New Orleans at the end of the month. Last year she had Golden and Mark prices the same. So here is what the price list is for Golden and you can play it by ear.

Golden
Head shot: $125/ $175
Torso: $175/ $225
Full FIgure: $250/ $350

lower price for pencils only higher price for inks. It seems like she trying to get as many commissions before the con as possible. Hopes this helps! Mark can make Magic!!

#5355528 - 01/06/12 06:52 PM Re: Help Wanted [Re: DatBoiC]
Rich_Henn Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Maryland
Here's my Renee story---

(everyone's got one)

At ECCC 2010, my CAW and I went to Mark T. to get some sketches on those Midnight Sons covers.
He was $75 each.
He grumbled a bit about it, if I remember right, because he doesn't like those covers.

At Heroes in June that same year, I wanted to get another.
He told me then that he wasn't crazy about the stock, but sure, he'd do it.
He quoted me the $75.

Renee jumps in.

"Wait, what? I'm sorry, you want a sketch? Mark is $125."

"Mark just quoted me $75."

Renee-- "Well, that's wrong. He's $125."

"never mind."

And I walked away. And the look Mark gave her was (probably) WTF you just cost me a commission.

About an hour later I was passing her table again---she came out and apologized and said that she'd honor Mark's price of $75.
I told her never mind, I wasn't interested anymore.

#5355542 - 01/06/12 06:59 PM Re: Help Wanted [Re: Rich_Henn]
.Troy Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Funny

My: CAF | Kudos

#5355574 - 01/06/12 07:07 PM Re: Help Wanted [Re: .Troy]
wolverinehurdler Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Jersey
ouch

My CAF

#5355614 - 01/06/12 07:23 PM Re: Help Wanted [Re: jonjesper]
MedicAR Offline

I have searched from the beginning to the end of the internet and have the calluses on my fingers and the bleeding eyes to prove it.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: jonjesper
Doug,
isnt he at every KC show we both attend lol

He wasn't last year and he's not listed yet this year, but the list is growing darn near every day!

Looking for a Bringing Up Father daily.
FOUND! But unavailable.
\:\(

#5355628 - 01/06/12 07:27 PM Re: Help Wanted [Re: Rich_Henn]
MedicAR Offline

I have searched from the beginning to the end of the internet and have the calluses on my fingers and the bleeding eyes to prove it.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Rich_Henn
Here's my Renee story---

(everyone's got one)

At ECCC 2010, my CAW and I went to Mark T. to get some sketches on those Midnight Sons covers.
He was $75 each.
He grumbled a bit about it, if I remember right, because he doesn't like those covers.

At Heroes in June that same year, I wanted to get another.
He told me then that he wasn't crazy about the stock, but sure, he'd do it.
He quoted me the $75.

Renee jumps in.

"Wait, what? I'm sorry, you want a sketch? Mark is $125."

"Mark just quoted me $75."

Renee-- "Well, that's wrong. He's $125."

"never mind."

And I walked away. And the look Mark gave her was (probably) WTF you just cost me a commission.

About an hour later I was passing her table again---she came out and apologized and said that she'd honor Mark's price of $75.
I told her never mind, I wasn't interested anymore.

I have yet to figure her out. I guess she's their "rep" and she sends emails when any member of her little group makes an appearance, but she seems to lack good business sense and basic etiquette. I have disagreements with some people's ability to interact, but usually you stand back and see that one of us had an off day or brainfart or whatever. She's consistently bad every time. How does she keep artists, much less have any business?

FOUND! But unavailable.

#5355641 - 01/06/12 07:31 PM Re: Help Wanted [Re: MedicAR]
MedicAR Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

By the way, I'm hooked up on the sketch.

Thanks to all!

FOUND! But unavailable.

#5355689 - 01/06/12 07:53 PM Re: Help Wanted [Re: MedicAR]
Silent Master Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: New Mexico
I'll throw this out there...

I have several Joe comics that need some Hama SS. I haven't heard anything on his next con appearance but if one of you fine facilitators know that you will be at a con that he will be at this I'd love to have you help me with a few books!

Page 2 of 12 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SoylentBlue, Architecht, dena, Gemma, cgcmod2, cgcmod, cgcmod3, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
by agentjim007
01:51 PM
Two Large Size Notes CHEAP
by BRIAN339
11/26/14 10:46 PM
SOLD
by PrezErrors
11/25/14 03:40 PM
Rainbow Toned Franklin and Nuclear Toned Lincoln for sale
by PCcoins
11/25/14 09:23 AM
Comics Marketplace
Amazing Spiderman 200 CGC 9.8
by ft88
Absolutes, Hardcovers, Sketchbooks, Art books and Sketches for sale
by notvandnobeer
Raw: ASM 40, Thor 166, FF 27, TTA 37, 40, X-men 5, misc pre-hero
by Sharkey
X-Men #101 CGC 9.4 For Sale!!
by GACollectibles
01:07 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles