Page 2 of 40 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5312712 - 12/18/11 11:39 AM Re: 2012 Health Fitness Goals [Re: The Black Hand ]
The Black Hand Offline

The Common Man
meets
Regular People

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: My Avatar is me one day.
My goal is to keep walking, keep moving and stay limber.
RIP Rick, my best buddy.9/8/37-8/28/14

#5312738 - 12/18/11 11:50 AM Re: 2012 Health Fitness Goals [Re: Spider-Variant]
delekkerste Offline

James Bond wears a Rolex...the rest is just product placement.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: New York, NY
 Originally Posted By: Spider-Variant
What are your goals?

I've had an inconsistent 2011. There have been periods when I've been in the gym 5 days a week and periods where I've missed 5 weeks in a row. On balance, I did improve my strength considerably this year (especially in my core, which helped me overcome my lower back problems, knock on wood) and my diet has been much better than in recent years, but I should have done better this year.

My goals for 2012 are to:

1. Be more consistent with both my workouts and my diet. Try to hit the gym 3x a week and eat healthy consistently.

2. Focus more on cardio and on lowering my body fat %. I've always been in relatively good shape; it's only discipline that's preventing me from being in great shape.
"Stability begets instability...the more stable things appear, the more dangerous the ultimate outcome will be, because people start to assume everything will be all right and end up doing stupid things." - Dr. Hyman Minsky

"Buy because you love it, because the next generation in all likelihood ain't gonna love it as much as you did." - Gene P.

"No asset is so good that it can't become a bad investment if bought at too high a price." - Howard Marks

Price is what you pay, value is what you get.

It's not what you buy, it's when you buy.

It's better to be thought a fool than to open your wallet and remove all doubt.

My ComicArtFans.com Online Comic Art Gallery

#5312782 - 12/18/11 12:13 PM Re: 2012 Health Fitness Goals [Re: delekkerste]
Comicopolis Offline

Only 7000 posts in more than 7 years - that's just lazy.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Valhalla
Get out on the mountain bike more. Hopefully more tennis and more swimming afterwards.

#5312887 - 12/18/11 01:10 PM Re: 2012 Health Fitness Goals [Re: comicdonna]
oakman29 Offline

Colonial Mustard in the library WITH THE CANDLESTICK!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Orange county,SoCal
 Originally Posted By: comicdonna
 Originally Posted By: FIREFLY
I should quit smoking but...

but?

Just think of all the extra Supes goodness you could have by quitting.
About 6K worth per year. They're just so good though.

Mike you need to quit that stuff right now,we need you here for many years to come.By the way I'm sure your wife would love to have you around for a long time too.every time you take a puff your putting 700 carcinogens and poisons into your lungs.My mother when she was alive smoked almost 2 packs a day,her last years of life were not pleasant with lung,throat cancer having to have an oxygen tank with her at all times,she died a very painful death.I can't for the life of me understand why someone would slowly kill themselves.Make a first step to stop smoking,please for your health,your wife and all the people that care about you.

Call me Oak,Oakland,Oakman,David or Dave,just don't call me a cab.
Every collection,from the most valuable Golden age,to the readiest of reading copy Moderns,is assembled with care and thought,and is worthy of respect because of it,if for no other reason.RMA

A year ago...A cold October night...A broken down car on a dirt road...A man...A girl...Madness...Pain...And the shadows...My God the shadows!- J. O'Barr

You're milkshake is gone dude. Wipe up the moisture ring and move on.-Chuck Gower
Nerd cesspool- lizards2
It's basically a game of musical chairs.Just don't be the last to hear the music stop-the beyonder

#5313464 - 12/18/11 06:05 PM Re: 2012 Health Fitness Goals [Re: oakman29]
comicdonna Offline

This is what my dog thinks of your post.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Green Mountain state!
Thanks for all of the encouragement to quit smoking, guys. I will give it some serious thought. \:\)

#5313502 - 12/18/11 06:31 PM Re: 2012 Health Fitness Goals [Re: comicdonna]
oakman29 Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Thanks for all of the encouragement to quit smoking, guys. I will give it some serious thought. \:\)

You have to think about it? \(tsk\)

Every collection,from the most valuable Golden age,to the readiest of reading copy Moderns,is assembled with care and thought,and is worthy of respect because of it,if for no other reason.RMA

A year ago...A cold October night...A broken down car on a dirt road...A man...A girl...Madness...Pain...And the shadows...My God the shadows!- J. O'Barr

You're milkshake is gone dude. Wipe up the moisture ring and move on.-Chuck Gower
Nerd cesspool- lizards2
It's basically a game of musical chairs.Just don't be the last to hear the music stop-the beyonder

#5313568 - 12/18/11 07:21 PM Re: 2012 Health Fitness Goals [Re: comicdonna]
Thomas Nielsen Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: home

You can't quit if you don't really want to, you really have to want to quit. I'm 1 year clean come 1/1/2012.

But $6000 a year, on smokes. Holy crab, do you smoke 60 a day or are they crazy expensive over there ? (I spent about $100 a month, rolled my own smokes, 20 or so a day, not sure)

Anyway, my 2012 goals

1) Get rid of Achilles tendonitis that i've plagued by for the past 6 month or so, so that i can:

2) Get rid of the 40 pounds i gained after quitting smoking and getting Achilles tendonitis (after just having dropped 30 pounds doh\! )

#5313639 - 12/18/11 08:09 PM Re: 2012 Health Fitness Goals [Re: Thomas Nielsen]
comicdonna Offline

This is what my dog thinks of your post.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Green Mountain state!
 Originally Posted By: Thomas Nielsen

You can't quit if you don't really want to, you really have to want to quit. I'm 1 year clean come 1/1/2012.

But $6000 a year, on smokes. Holy crab, do you smoke 60 a day or are they crazy expensive over there ? (I spent about $100 a month, rolled my own smokes, 20 or so a day, not sure)

Anyway, my 2012 goals

1) Get rid of Achilles tendonitis that i've plagued by for the past 6 month or so, so that i can:

2) Get rid of the 40 pounds i gained after quitting smoking and getting Achilles tendonitis (after just having dropped 30 pounds doh\! )

2 packs a day @ $10 per pack.

#5313648 - 12/18/11 08:13 PM Re: 2012 Health Fitness Goals [Re: comicdonna]
oakman29 Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Thomas Nielsen

Anyway, my 2012 goals

2 packs a day @ $10 per pack.

2 PACKS! \:o Mike for the love of God,please promise to quit.

Nerd cesspool- lizards2

#5314520 - 12/19/11 03:25 AM Re: 2012 Health Fitness Goals [Re: oakman29]
tth2 Offline

"I blame it on the low quality of the newbies that are joining the boards."
--And with one swoop tth2 become the community crotchety old man. Damn kids today.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hong Kong
Jeezus guys, stop with the nagging. Mike's a grown man and if he wants to smoke, that's his choice.

Page 2 of 40 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
dave wnuck's mid-november new coin listing and newsletter
by michael
01:36 AM
A Lovely High Grade 1771 Pillar 8 Reales
by fred13
09:15 PM
GreatCollections - Today - 1000s of Listings - Fast Shipping - Lowest Fees
by ianrussell
05:50 PM
Gold and Silver Certificate for Sale
by Ugakoivet
08:01 AM
Comics Marketplace
DTACOLLECTIBLES.COM-
ALL-AMERICAN 1-AVENGERS 57 8.0-FF 46/52/67-PRE-HERO MARVELS

by TopNotch
1950s BATMAN Sale One Day Run Before eBay
by Malcontent
04:16 PM
SUPERMAN 76 CGC 5.0 BLUE LABEL, OW/W !!!
by CCAFF
03:57 PM
DC 10 centers - Challengers, Showcase, Mystery In Space, B&B, Action, JLA.
by TopNotch
01:19 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.039 seconds in which 0.029 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.