Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#5296356 - 12/11/11 09:33 PM Re: Can somebody help a newbie? [Re: AndyBoBo]
tinynascarfan Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: The Greeneville Astros game, f...
the first thing is to find out what you have, and an overstreet price guide can help u with that, and if you dont already have the books in bags and boards and you wish to protect them then go to your local comic shop and pick some up, or order some online.

if you have some books you just have to get graded right away and dont wanna check em out first that is your right, the first time i sent submissions in i went thru wizard to send them in and got a discount and mailed them dircet to CGC.

one thing you need to consider is the age and value of the book, because that will determine how much it is to grade each book. but remember to the casual observer a a fn/vf book might look like a nm/mt book. so you mite consider scanning the books on here under the please grade my book link.

just a few things you might think about.
If you are ever at Pioneer Park, find the tiki hut and you will find me, a beer in one hand, a scorebook in the other, a cigarette in my mouth and a pen in my hand, my big mouth givin the umpires and opposing players Hell, so come by and have a beer on me.

Im not the sharpest pencil in the lightbulb

#5302439 - 12/14/11 09:37 AM Re: Can somebody help a newbie? [Re: tinynascarfan]
comic_clinic Offline
Just got here

Just remember that you do NOT have to sign up/pay for anything (no membership, nothing) to send books into CGC.

Remember that you do NOT have to have your books sent in by an "authorized dealer", you can send your books to CGC directly by yourself, from your door to theirs.

Remember that you can still get a 10% discount for FREE, you do not have to be a member of anything (including these Boards) to get the 10% discount.

#5330994 - 12/27/11 03:46 PM Re: Can somebody help a newbie? [Re: AndyBoBo]
hammershipdown Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Loc: Southern California
As a newbie myself, I found 2 amazing resources this year that were worth paying to join.

#1) CGC: Just sign up, read the instructions carefully and you can submit yourself - you also get a small discount, but it sounds like you have alot of books, so in the long run, should add up! And be patient.... it can take a while for your books to get graded and ship home...

#2) Comicpriceguide.com - it's cheap, easy to use and you can organize and catalog your books - not too mention review the pricing... There are alot of other softwares, (or even just an excel spreadsheet) - but this one is pretty nice.

Anyways, hope that helps! Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Architecht, Harshen, cgcmod2, cgcmod3, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, plitch, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, nmp, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH: 2008 Silver Eagles! $28 each delivered
by BAJJERFAN
07/25/14 11:02 PM
eBay Auction - 1926-S Mercury VF Details
by TheTdotP
07/25/14 05:46 PM
SOLD: 4 BU Mint Set Franklin Halves
by stldanceartist
07/25/14 11:05 AM
For Sale - Nice 1936 Buffalo
by TheTdotP
07/24/14 09:17 AM
Comics Marketplace
Amazing Spider-Man 129 CGC 9.2 OW/W $950
by Marlocke
07/26/14 07:04 AM
My Romantic Adventures #50 on Ebay ROMANCE GRAIL
by Dr. Love
07/26/14 06:42 AM
Adult or mature readers only lot
by Aslpride8
07/26/14 12:55 AM
Batman 222 and Low Grade X-Men 94 For Sale
by bubbagump
07/26/14 12:16 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.01 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum