Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#5241093 - 11/19/11 01:36 AM Reholder/Resubmission?
Benjamin Grimm Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Ohio
I've read through the posts here to see if my question was already answered, but I don't think it has (or else I missed it, so sorry for that). I recently had a CGC graded comic take some serious damage in the mail. The outer holder was busted open along the bottom edge, enough that the inner holder could possibly be removed from the outer. I would like to have this comic reholdered. It appears that the inner case took no damage at all. So, should I send the whole thing, broken case and all in for a reholder, or remove the inner case and send it in as a resubmission? If a reholder, I assume you don't want the little broken pieces of the outer holder? If a resubmission, should the inner holder be removed, or should I send it whole with the original label? Thanks.

#5246158 - 11/21/11 02:41 PM Re: Reholder/Resubmission? [Re: Benjamin Grimm]
Gemma Administrator Offline
CGC
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: CGC
The comic must be submitted with the outer holder intact or at least present on the outside of the comic to be considered eligible for the reholder service. The case and comic will be inspected for damage, but the book will not be reconsidered for grading unless damage has occurred. (for example, if the book is dropped and the case shatters in one corner it is possible that the corner of the book could have suffered damage, so that is what is checked for) If this is the case we would contact you.

If you remove the comic from the outer holder and only send it in the inner well, then it will be resubmitted for regrading.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Gemma, Harshen, Scott_Schechter, dena, scaffrey, plitch, cgcmod4, CCGmod0, eerb0803, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH: 1995-S Civil War Commomorative Dollar PCGS PF-69DCAM & More!
by 123cents
10:30 PM
Auction Catalog Labor Day Sale – 40 % off !
by RichH
03:12 PM
FSH - GIANT 44x20 inch prints of 1896 $1 & $5 Silver Certificates! +2 more!
by Paul S
11:54 AM
top pop coins for sale all reasonable offers accepted
by wmfielding
10:15 AM
Comics Marketplace
ATOM #7 CGC 9.2 OWW - 1ST HAWKMAN CROSS-OVER.
by r100comics
04:39 AM
Bropunzel on ComicLink
by DavidTheDavid
02:22 AM
Comics On Ebay
by jefferey328311
02:11 AM
Fresh SS slabs, Swamp Thing, X-Men, Hulk HoS
by reptilekingdie
01:11 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.009 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles