• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad
12 12

585 posts in this topic

If the books are expensive just pay a couple extra bucks and use a regular box or double box within a flate rate box.

For single slabs, I use a USPS 1092 box within a 1095 box. For two slabs, I put the 1092 inside a Medium flat rate box. Great protection and free from the USPS!

If the books are expensive just pay a couple extra bucks and use a regular box or double box within a flate rate box.

For single slabs, I use a USPS 1092 box within a 1095 box. For two slabs, I put the 1092 inside a Medium flat rate box. Great protection and free from the USPS!

Great info, thanks!

I use this bubble wrap that I get from work for free (they used to just throw it away). On a weekend once a few years back, we ran a strip of it over with our largest forklift. It didn't pop. We had to drive the forklift up an incline and have it come down on the bubble wrap to pop it. One of the guys tried to jump on it, but fell on his butt because it wouldn't pop. So now they give it to me instead of throwing it away and I use it to pack Priority Mail boxes for slabbed and raw comics. Great stuff. I've never seen anything quite like it for sale in stores. I've had reports from people I sold to (on eBay) about their boxes being quite mangled but the contents still being perfectly fine with none of the bubbles popped.

Never really had a problem with FedEx BUT this box arrived today... The damaged side was wet, as if it fell in water and stayed there awhile. Someone taped it up and sent it on its way. The slab fortunately was not damaged because it was wrapped in bubble wrap and put inside a FedEx bubble mailer. :) Note the "Handle With Care - Fragile" sticker. Yeah... right.

Front.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Leftside.jpg

Damn,looks like a dog got a hold of it :eek:

or a rabid wolverine. :cool:

lol

Wolverine rules :headbang:

Yes... I saw the movie for the 12th time today... 7 points that would have made the movie perrrrrfect..

I ship slabs like this.

Double poly bagged

Double small bubble wrapped

Double large bubble wrapped

Planked with rigid cardboard front and back

Large bubble wrapped again

Boxed

Boxed again

Yet to have a cracked slab complaint or any other.

I ship raws to CGC and customers like this

Bag/Board

Magazine bag 8 in a bag and carefully pull bag tight and tape.

Double small bubble wrapped

Double large bubble wrapped

CGC inbound go double boxed

Customers under $50 go regular boxed

10000 plus books shipped with nothing but rav reviews /knock on wood

YMMV

I just bought some comics from someone on ebay who was not a dealer. I sent them here to show them how I wanted them packed. ;)

And I just them in the mail and they followed your pics 100% to the T. Thanks for this thread!