• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine 35???? Tough to find in high grade?
1 1

723 posts in this topic

i am guessing the cost of slabbing isn't worth it for most people more so than rarity. I bet if you post WTB raw 9.8, you might get a few offers.

can you elaborate further....where should I post at? in what section??

Here is the best Wolverine set there is.

Every book is a 9.8 or higher. Except one sole 9.6. #35. And he's been looking for years.

there is a CGC 9.6 currently on ebay that I could nab but its like $300 which is too much in my opinion I probably be on the lookout and at cons snap up all the issues i can on ebay and so forth....I live in Chicago so I have a few shops here i can visit too

Production defect. Ask anyone who collects Wolverine runs know how hard it is to find. I have been looking for years for a friend and cannot find a copy that comes close to 9.6, let alone 9.8.

Is that the one that Worldsbestcomics is missing? If so, there have been a lot of people looking for one for a while! lol

Production defect. Ask anyone who collects Wolverine runs know how hard it is to find. I have been looking for years for a friend and cannot find a copy that comes close to 9.6, let alone 9.8.

Is that the one that Worldsbestcomics is missing? If so, there have been a lot of people looking for one for a while! lol

Yes, there are two to three tears on the lower left hand corner along the spine. If someone can produce a 9.8 copy, it will go for hundreds if not more.

Looks like i'm trying to figure out which freaking box i have my Wolverine 35's in this weekend hm

Yup, same here, and 30 mins ago I was just in that box pulling out 3 #1's and a #10 to submit for pre-screening. Since I forgot the Swamp Thing issues, I suppose I should go grab #35 and see what it looks like.

The entire print run was like this. It's also not the only book printed this way. There may be a small handful that don't have these tears, but it's not likely.

How does that even happen where the ENTIRE print run has that exact same defect of a few rips in the corner?

What was the print run for that book? I don't know a heck of a lot about printing but that just strikes me as a odd defect for the entire print run to have ???

The entire print run was like this. It's also not the only book printed this way. There may be a small handful that don't have these tears, but it's not likely.

How does that even happen where the ENTIRE print run has that exact same defect of a few rips in the corner?

What was the print run for that book? I don't know a heck of a lot about printing but that just strikes me as a odd defect for the entire print run to have ???

There have been issues found without the printing defect, but their condition prevented 9.8 grading for other reasons.