• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Julio, we both agreed to $50 shipped via media mail. Also, I don't feel that I should take full blame on this transaction. You should have changed your paypal address within 24 hours of purchasing the books. I did not mail out the books for at least 3 days after your paid for them, so I assumed the address which paypal had on file was correct. I mailed out the books as agreed and the post office has verified that they are in transit. You need to contact the post office and keep track of this since I provided you with the tracking info. The post office has already informed you that it has been resent to your new address and that it will take time so the item is not lost

but is in transit.

I'm a little confused here, did Julio give you his current address? I know I sold him some books around the same time and he was very clear about the change of address and that it they needed to go to California.

Did you tell him it would take 6- 8 weeks to be forwarded? Do you have anything to verify that? It sounds a little out of the ordinary?

Horse and buggy? (shrug)

Now I've got visions of turtles hitched up to a wagon train :tonofbricks:

Seriously, I scoured the USPS site before I asked, don't see anything about extensive delays for forwarding mail.

Julio, we both agreed to $50 shipped via media mail. Also, I don't feel that I should take full blame on this transaction. You should have changed your paypal address within 24 hours of purchasing the books. I did not mail out the books for at least 3 days after your paid for them, so I assumed the address which paypal had on file was correct. I mailed out the books as agreed and the post office has verified that they are in transit. You need to contact the post office and keep track of this since I provided you with the tracking info. The post office has already informed you that it has been resent to your new address and that it will take time so the item is not lost

but is in transit.

Thanks for responding, Kimberly. Actually, we never agreed on media mail. On 07/08/2011, you literally acknowledged that because I was in CA, you'd be able to ship for cheap. That to me means that location was key in regards to costs as it would cost cheaper to ship in CA through priority if the books are being received in CA as well, unless it would be flat rate, then it would not matter where in the US the books were going to. I would not risk having slabs shipped media.

I made payment on 07/11/2011. On 07/25/11, I expressed my concern to you as I had not received them. Figured that was odd if they were shipped priority. We then discussed in later PMs that the books were shipped to the incorrect address. I already explained earlier in this thread why my paypal address could not be updated. This is the reason I would confirm my address before or after payment via PM when making purchases.

On 08/08/11, I PMd you stating that I got a hold of someone at the VA post office. They didn't actually track down the package. They gave me the generic response that the package will be forwarded. But I did not inform them that it was media mail. As far as I understand the USPS forwarding policy, they do not forward media mail. Tracking shows "delivered". If it was forwarded to me, why would it show as delivered? This is why I am leaning toward it being lost.

To make me wait over 2 months for 2 slabs is not good customer service IMO. If I were the seller, I would have gladly refunded the $50 and if the package showed up, then cool...I'd expect the money back. If it never showed...then my buyer would at least have the money he/she originally paid. I gave you clear instructions and they were not followed. How is that my fault?

I have no animosity toward you, Kimberly. I just don't agree with how this transaction has been handled by you as a seller. I asked for a refund several times already. Seems reasonable to me. (shrug)

You should have changed your paypal address within 24 hours of purchasing the books.

Not to stir the pot here, BUT this is not any sort of rule that I am aware of.

I can think of a number of times here I purchased items to be shipped as gifts to other recepients. Also, over the holidays I had a couple of packages sent to my parents' home while I was visiting. Of course, in each case the paypal address did not match where I wanted the item sent...I never once had a problem here with such requests. :shrug:

You should have changed your paypal address within 24 hours of purchasing the books.

Not to stir the pot here, BUT this is not any sort of rule that I am aware of.

I can think of a number of times here I purchased items to be shipped as gifts to other recepients. Also, over the holidays I had a couple of packages sent to my parents' home while I was visiting. Of course, in each case the paypal address did not match where I wanted the item sent...I never once had a problem here with such requests. :shrug:

+1

I often have comics sent to a fellow boardie that is kind enough to forward a bunch of transactions together. I have not experienced a problem yet.

I was curious why Julio did not change his address but he is certainly not obligated to do so. Sounds like the communication was quite clear.

In short. Purchase made. Purchase not received. Money refunded. Pretty straight forward. Lesson learned by seller (not unlike lessons we've all learned).

The USPS will deliver a parcel as addressed, leave it at the door, if it is safe to do so and does not have to be signed for. A $50 item isn't likely to be insured, so I/we expect that the parcel was left at the address on the parcel.

Media mail can be forwarded, but as postage due, it's not a free service like with 1st class or Priority. Handling of postage due mail can also add delays, that's a low priority item for clerks.

The speed of media mail is just like bulk mail or parcel post, those can be left where they are if the overall mail is very heavy. So theoretically they can all be as fast as 1st class, but that rarely happens. No mail can be delayed(left where it is for that one day) except for the low end stuff mentioned(media, bulk, parcel post). Thus those are unpredictable in shipping times.

I suggest calling the PO where the parcel was addressed to. Make contact with that office and explain the issue. They are the only people who might be able to track it down, meaning contact the existing resident and try to get it back. It isn't wise too wait long to do that, the new resident is far less likely to help as time passes, and the same for the PO.

Good luck,

but is in transit.

Assuming the paypal address was correct is your mistake, I can't understand

why you wouldn't compare it to the address the buyer sent you. In your

defense we've seen threads about ebay buyers wanting items shipped to

an address that is different from their paypal address and the associated risks.

This is an unfortunate situation and nobody had poor intentions but I think you

should refund the buyer and trust him to repay if the package does show.

Hello All,

I am proposing adding daken2626 to the probation list.

On 8/12/11, he posted the red Take It sign for two CGC books in my sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=230991&Number=5005359#Post5005359

On 8/15/11, he sent a message about the payment: "thanks will zip that over asap "

I have tried to reach him since that time, but to no avail. He has also removed himself from the private message dialogue.

Thanks, Brian

He's a serial delayed seller/buyer.

The reason I asked for a discussion thread in the first place was b/c of Daken2626. The idea was that people could post their problems with buyers/sellers without having to wait the "official" 30 days for probation. Seems nothing has changed. New thread.

Previous probation thread.

And here.

Sorry to hear others have been taken in by him also :(

Just so I know before I post buyers we do wait 30 days before proposing a buyer to the list correct? I have a couple of buyers who have not made contact with me and it going on two weeks now.

Correct...in the meantime, perhaps try starting a new PM with them (in case it got deleted or removed on their end). At thirty days, send them a PM notifying them that you are being the case here and take it from there (if payment still hasn't been received).

Sorry you are having a hard time...my books arrived and were great (thumbs u

Unfortunately, I need to nominate rza808 (Ray Bars) back on the Probation List.

He previously was on the list, but worked himself off the list by having multiple successfully completed transactions. Unfortunately, he has dropped the ball on my order.

I agreed to purchase a CGC 9.8 ASM #430 from his FS thread, and was invoiced on 8/12/11. He wanted to be paid by check, so I sent him a check through my bank's billpay on 8/13/11. He should have received the check in 5 days.

On 8/28, I send him a PM asking if he's received the check. On 9/3, he repllies confirming receipt of the check, and the book should be on its way to me on Monday or Tuesday (9/5 or 9/6).

On 9/13, I send him another PM asking if the book got shipped, since it hadn't arrived yet.

On 9/28, he responds that he forgot to mail it out, did I still want it or a refund. I respond the same day asking to mail it out. Still on 9/28, he asks for my mailing address, and that the book will be sent the following day 9/29. I respond that same day with my mailing address.

The PM with my mailing address has not been read by Ray, nor a follow-up PM on 10/13 stating that he has 3 days to respond to me otherwise I'll nominate him for the PL.

No response, so I guess he's more than willing to burn his reputation (again) on the boards over a $25 order. :shrug:

Unfortunately, I need to nominate rza808 (Ray Bars) back on the Probation List.

He previously was on the list, but worked himself off the list by having multiple successfully completed transactions. Unfortunately, he has dropped the ball on my order.

I agreed to purchase a CGC 9.8 ASM #430 from his FS thread, and was invoiced on 8/12/11. He wanted to be paid by check, so I sent him a check through my bank's billpay on 8/13/11. He should have received the check in 5 days.

On 8/28, I send him a PM asking if he's received the check. On 9/3, he repllies confirming receipt of the check, and the book should be on its way to me on Monday or Tuesday (9/5 or 9/6).

On 9/13, I send him another PM asking if the book got shipped, since it hadn't arrived yet.

On 9/28, he responds that he forgot to mail it out, did I still want it or a refund. I respond the same day asking to mail it out. Still on 9/28, he asks for my mailing address, and that the book will be sent the following day 9/29. I respond that same day with my mailing address.

The PM with my mailing address has not been read by Ray, nor a follow-up PM on 10/13 stating that he has 3 days to respond to me otherwise I'll nominate him for the PL.

No response, so I guess he's more than willing to burn his reputation (again) on the boards over a $25 order. :shrug:

Seems to me that he really doesn't care about keeping good business on these boards. Sorry you had to go through this, man. Risking one's reputation over $25? You're right about that. Just don't get it. (shrug) Sounds like a good candidate especially after having been on the list before. Maybe after seeing his name come up on this thread he'll want to make things right. Hope it all works out for both of you.

Edited by FIREFLY