• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I don't agree. 30 days is a reasonable amount of time to allow a buyer to make amends. The 90 days for time payments is something the seller was quite willing to do. The seller is not waiting 120 days before starting a probationary request. He is waiting 30 days beyond the breach of an agreement like everyone else.

I have a similar list. :)

Ditto.

What happens if I have a sales thread and someone on my private list but not on the boards probation list :takeit: something .

Do I have the right to cancel the sale? Could I be put on the probation list for

refusing a sale?

I typically put in my sales threads something like "I reserve the right not to sell to certain individuals, including those on the probation list."

I don't agree. 30 days is a reasonable amount of time to allow a buyer to make amends. The 90 days for time payments is something the seller was quite willing to do. The seller is not waiting 120 days before starting a probationary request. He is waiting 30 days beyond the breach of an agreement like everyone else.

I'd like to have a clause in there somewhere that a breach has been made on the date that the buyer reads a PM and doesn't answer it.

That way if my PM is " do you still want this book"... which I don't get an answer to... and if shown as "read"... then in all fairness to me as a seller, that 30 day clock should start right then and there.

I mean if he reads it and doesn't respond until 60 - 900 days later, then to me... that a load of hock.

I hate Jack had personal problems come up... but the amount of time he had from that first unanswered PM from Dan that he read and didn't answer... to the time he told everyone of his woe, was very unfair to the seller who in good faith held that book.

Honestly, if he read the sellers PM's and didn't answer... then backed out... then to me thats a punishable offense right there.

Edited by Bio-Rupp

I'd like to have a clause in there somewhere that a breach has been made on the date that the buyer reads a PM and doesn't answer it.

That way if my PM is " do you still want this book"... which I don't get an answer to... and if shown as "read"... then in all fairness to me as a seller, that 30 day clock should start right then and there.

I mean if he reads it and doesn't respond until 60 - 900 days later, then to me... that a load of hock. ... Honestly, if he read the sellers PM's and didn't answer... then backed out... then to me thats a punishable offense right there.

I think this is covered by the item 1C, pasted below. I embolded the relevant bit. I can see how a PM sent, read and not replied to could qualify there. If this is the case, another PM, under rule 2a can be sent. This could also elicit a response.

1c) The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else.

2a) After the 30 Day Rule is fulfilled, the accuser will send a PM to the accused informing them the issue is being submitted to the Probation Discussion Thread for their inclusion in the PL. This should be a new PM and not part of an existing PM chain.

I mean if he reads it and doesn't respond until 60 - 900 days later, then to me... that a load of hock.

I hate Jack had personal problems come up... but the amount of time he had from that first unanswered PM from Dan that he read and didn't answer... to the time he told everyone of his woe, was very unfair to the seller who in good faith held that book.

Honestly, if he read the sellers PM's and didn't answer... then backed out... then to me thats a punishable offense right there.

I agree, I don't want to put Jack on the block by anymeans. His situation sucks but to just give the seller a heads up that its not going to happen anymore would have been appreciated for sure. I don't think its right that the seller has to wait additional time by already being considerate and allowing time payments.

The added time by allowing time payments is irrelevant. The seller was apparently quite willing to wait for the payments and did not seem to ask for extra compensation.

Has the buyer refused to pay?

The added time by allowing time payments is irrelevant. The seller was apparently quite willing to wait for the payments and did not seem to ask for extra compensation.

Has the buyer refused to pay?

In the end the buyer did say they didn't want it(after reading several PM's but not responding to them)...which was understandable not being able to pay in the situation. But think the lack of communication and taking the time to read the message and just disregard it. Like Bio-rupp stated that if a seller asks if they still want the book, and plan to make payments etc, after little to no attempt has been made to make payments/communicate with the seller then the time should be started.

A lack of communication although rude does not appear to be a requirement of their deal.

That being said if the buyer has refused to move forward now then the 30 day rule no longer applies.

As I said in the other thread...just because something is marked "read" does NOT mean that someone actually read it. Many times, someone on their Iphone can't actually open the message, but the board marks it as "read." also, someone could click on the message accidentally, and then close the browser without having read the message.

Unread by: none should have no bearing on anything precisely because of these reasons.

Just wait until someone actually responds, or 30 days pass.

I PMd Architect and he has graciously renamed the thread where the probation list gets updated to "UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions".

Hopefully that will keep the Probation discussions focused here.

Yeah, the old name was very confusing.

I need to put ZoMbiE13 on the Probation List.

He agreed to buy a book from me stating, "Ok ill take it. Give me your address so I can mail you a money order on Tuesday." on 8/21/11.

The check never came. He said he was mailing me the check on a few occasions since but the last time I heard from him was 9/3/11. I have since sent him PMs and emails to his personal account and have not heard back.

I also need to put itsatoy67 on the Probation List.

He agreed to buy a book from me on 6/24/11 stating, "I can send payment via Paypal & personal to avoid any fees, let me know if that works & your email address & I will get this out." and never sent payment and then made the excuse about 2 weeks later that he needed to talk to his wife and could not buy the book.

I need to put ZoMbiE13 on the Probation List.

He agreed to buy a book from me stating, "Ok ill take it. Give me your address so I can mail you a money order on Tuesday." on 8/21/11.

The check never came. He said he was mailing me the check on a few occasions since but the last time I heard from him was 9/3/11. I have since sent him PMs and emails to his personal account and have not heard back.

I also need to put itsatoy67 on the Probation List.

He agreed to buy a book from me on 6/24/11 stating, "I can send payment via Paypal & personal to avoid any fees, let me know if that works & your email address & I will get this out." and never sent payment and then made the excuse about 2 weeks later that he needed to talk to his wife and could not buy the book.

It seems like a lot of people are backing out on agreed to deals lately. hm

Ouch, he backed out on the book and let slip that his balls were in the ownership of another, all in one message. :eek:

Sad Sack..no pun intended.