• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen 13
1 1

226 posts in this topic

043-5.jpg

One of two...and I own both...

:whistle:

Gen131-CGC98SS001.jpg

:P

Sex-say.

Very nice.

:applause:

That mini was so smokin' hot in 1994, I still can't pass up copies of #1-3 and #5 variant on the cheap.

I'd love to get a full set, 1/2, #1-5, #5 variant, and #0 all SS by Campbell.

:cloud9:

Ok, serious question. How hard would it be to get a SS with Jim Lee, Brandon Choi, J Scott Campbell, and Garner all on a Gen 13 #1?

Considering Brandon Choi hasn't officially attended a comic book show in many years, I would venture a guess to say: Very very hard. :) I'm not even sure what shows Garner has done recently besides San Diego Comic Con. Jim Lee's lines are ridiculously long at the shows he does signings at...

Campbell, however, is a wonderful and accessible creator, though he has lines at shows he attends. Thankfully, though, he's able to sign for everyone who waits for him in line usually with a generous limit, or no limit.

Ok, serious question. How hard would it be to get a SS with Jim Lee, Brandon Choi, J Scott Campbell, and Garner all on a Gen 13 #1?

Considering Brandon Choi hasn't officially attended a comic book show in many years, I would venture a guess to say: Very very hard. :) I'm not even sure what shows Garner has done recently besides San Diego Comic Con. Jim Lee's lines are ridiculously long at the shows he does signings at...

Campbell, however, is a wonderful and accessible creator, though he has lines at shows he attends. Thankfully, though, he's able to sign for everyone who waits for him in line usually with a generous limit, or no limit.

That very reason is why I went ahead and picked up a black box of #1's with the chromium signed by Choi. I have never seen him listed at anything!

and speaking of that box, I now have a couple of 9.8 #1's back. Sent in the Jen-et Jackson and the Lin-gen-re covers and they came back nice.

So who's reading Superboy? Caitlin has been introduced and Grunge is coming in April from what I've seen. Any excitement about "the 13" showing up in DC?

Way back in the day - I was pretty stoked with this new Image book coming out, because it was the same name as my comic shop (Gen X Comics). Needless to say, I was kinda bummed when they changed the name to Gen 13 - but I warmed up to it. JSC became one of my favorite artists.

6746966205_95fb3f7c11_z.jpg

My favorite Gen 13 book (despite him not doing the cover)

6582370599_2a51c6b242_z.jpg

I've got my other unsigned one at CGC now, hoping for a sweet grade. :wishluck:

Nice GEN X piece... was it featured on the back cover ad of an Image comic book? If so, which one? I saw a similar cover for Image's free promotional reader "Image Inside" I think it was called that promoted Gen X, but never saw the comic book you posted, so would appreciate it if you could let me know where it came from and appears. Thanks!

Way back in the day - I was pretty stoked with this new Image book coming out, because it was the same name as my comic shop (Gen X Comics). Needless to say, I was kinda bummed when they changed the name to Gen 13 - but I warmed up to it. JSC became one of my favorite artists.

6746966205_95fb3f7c11_z.jpg

My favorite Gen 13 book (despite him not doing the cover)

6582370599_2a51c6b242_z.jpg

I've got my other unsigned one at CGC now, hoping for a sweet grade. :wishluck:

Also... would any material featuring Gen 13 as "Gen X" be considered their 1st Appearance? Like the TMNT's 1st App as a preview ad, right?

I know Fairchild 1st appeared in the Deathmate comic book, but as a team, what is considered Gen 13's 1st appearance?

The Deathmate Black is considered the first appearance of Gen 13 as a team. Caitlin played more of a major role than the rest of the team but the others (except Rainmaker) were there. However, I'm starting to wonder if the purple ashcans that are dated 1993 came before Deathmate Black and are the true first appearance. hm

Edited by Mayor006

Nice GEN X piece... was it featured on the back cover ad of an Image comic book? If so, which one? I saw a similar cover for Image's free promotional reader "Image Inside" I think it was called that promoted Gen X, but never saw the comic book you posted, so would appreciate it if you could let me know where it came from and appears. Thanks!

The ad was in Stormwatch #2, inside - I believe. What I have is a promo poster that I got with my Diamond order when I had my shop back in the 90's. It's just an 11x17" poster, I'm sure they're out there - although I've never seen another one.