Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#5056748 - 09/02/11 03:31 PM Comic scammer Ed Heaton strikes again
Designer Toast Offline

Quoting your own initial thread post: take seven shots.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: NMish Silliness
Many of you might recall the restored Flash 123 fiasco experienced by boardie passion4comics at the hands of well known comic scammer Ed Heaton (aka 54desoto on eBay) .

The saga continues...

Dennis (the shadow knows) has a couple walk into his shop wanting to sell him some comic books. Long story short, the couple bought some books from Ed Heaton for four-hundred fifty dollars, including the restored Flash 123. The restoration was never disclosed.

Nice job, Ed, you tool.

- The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct.
- If you're lucky enough to do well, it's your responsibility to send the elevator back down.
- It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles.
- Treat others how you wish to be treated and one up yourself by actually living by what you say.
- Oddly enough, some claiming to be a part of our community are far too often MIA when someone needs help.

#5057482 - 09/02/11 07:20 PM Re: Comic scammer Ed Heaton strikes again [Re: Designer Toast]
lizards2 Offline

I have no registry points, so the only way to exercise my geek superiority is by being a jerk.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oregon Outback - Duckland!!!
Where does Ed Heaton, the tool, sell from? I mean, besides eBay.

#5058267 - 09/03/11 03:31 AM Re: Comic scammer Ed Heaton strikes again [Re: lizards2]
Designer Toast Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Craig's List (Eugene/Springfield area). He's also listed in the directory as Comic Book Buyer or something similar.

- The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct.
- If you're lucky enough to do well, it's your responsibility to send the elevator back down.
- Treat others how you wish to be treated and one up yourself by actually living by what you say.
- Oddly enough, some claiming to be a part of our community are far too often MIA when someone needs help.

#5058441 - 09/03/11 09:40 AM Re: Comic scammer Ed Heaton strikes again [Re: Designer Toast]
lizards2 Offline

I have no registry points, so the only way to exercise my geek superiority is by being a jerk.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oregon Outback - Duckland!!!
"DC is ending all its titles this month. Starting all over again means these "old D.C." JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA will sky in value."

Gotta laugh at that claim lol

#5058449 - 09/03/11 09:45 AM Re: Comic scammer Ed Heaton strikes again [Re: Designer Toast]
etanick Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Sarasota
gosh, every time a thread about Ed comes up, it angers me...not at the OP but at the thought that I was scammed for so many Silver Age books I bought from that guy back in the days when I lived in Oregon from 1992 to 2000.

trimmed books, CT, page missing, etc....named it, I got them all from him.

#5058704 - 09/03/11 11:39 AM Re: Comic scammer Ed Heaton strikes again [Re: etanick]
DWL Offline
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
 Originally Posted By: etanick
gosh, every time a thread about Ed comes up, it angers me...not at the OP but at the thought that I was scammed for so many Silver Age books I bought from that guy back in the days when I lived in Oregon from 1992 to 2000.

I hope there is a special place in Hell for people like him!

#5058784 - 09/03/11 12:05 PM Re: Comic scammer Ed Heaton strikes again [Re: Designer Toast]
TheShadowKnows Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: in Greece with Nik
 Originally Posted By: Designer Toast
Many of you might recall the restored Flash 123 fiasco experienced by boardie passion4comics at the hands of well known comic scammer Ed Heaton (aka 54desoto on eBay) .

The saga continues...

Dennis (the shadow knows) has a couple walk into his shop wanting to sell him some comic books. Long story short, the couple bought some books from Ed Heaton for four-hundred fifty dollars, including the restored Flash 123. The restoration was never disclosed.

Nice job, Ed, you tool.

This couple thought they had hit the jackpot."A 9.4 sold on Heritage for 14k.We want to get this graded and put some money into savings for our child"Sad.Ripping off the newbes

#5058865 - 09/03/11 12:49 PM Re: Comic scammer Ed Heaton strikes again [Re: etanick]
Designer Toast Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: etanick

It likely doesn't help, but Ed got me too when I was returning to the hobby after a very long absence. He refused to refund my money and dodged me or gave me every song and dance excuse. I feel your rage

Ed is the kind of bottom feeding, fly on shat piece of human debris who will rip off anyone he can. Ed hassled some old lady, and I mean old, for weeks on end when he found out she had a small box full of GA Caps.

Luckily for the old lady, her grandson was a collector and took care of her. In spite of being told numerous times she would not sell the books, Ed persisted with harassing the woman trying desperately to pressure her into selling to him.

If a Google search image can best describe Ed, I feel it'd be this...

#5058882 - 09/03/11 12:57 PM Re: Comic scammer Ed Heaton strikes again [Re: Designer Toast]
synch Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: vancouver BC Canada
[quote=etanick]
Luckily for the old lady, her grandson was a collector and took care of her. In spite of being told numerous times she would not sell the books, Ed persisted with harassing the woman trying desperately to pressure her into selling to him.

Wow that right there deserves him = getting the living *spoon* beat out of him imo! lucky that is not my grandma or me & him would be having words

#5058979 - 09/03/11 01:35 PM Re: Comic scammer Ed Heaton strikes again [Re: synch]
Sandflea Online   content
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: the 614, Ohio
 Originally Posted By: synch
[quote=etanick]

Wow that right there deserves him = getting the living *spoon* beat out of him imo! lucky that is not my grandma or me & him would be having words

I wouldn't even have words with him; in fact, I'd be serving him lunch...in the form of 2 knuckle sandwiches...

Collections: Raws (mostly)/ CGC /LEGO

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1, ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Any Macau / Japan paper money for sale?
by Beebeepan
Today at 03:27 AM
Looking to buy and sell confederate notes
by aps
Yesterday at 10:12 PM
Christmas slab sale
by rons
Yesterday at 03:51 PM
Toned Morgan, toned Standing Liberty quarter, Swiss shooting medal
by flatwoods
12/16/14 08:43 PM
Comics Marketplace
Fantastic Four #46 CGC 8.0 OWW (deslabbed with CGC label)
by VintageComics
Today at 10:37 AM
Modern CGC SS Books For sale
by superspidey
Today at 05:03 AM
Spider-Man 122, Hulk 5 and more in this Sunday's Weekly Internet Auction #121451
by HeritageComics
Today at 01:08 AM
BIG SWAMP THING RUN INC #37 1ST CONSTANTINE! WRIGHTSON!
by ROBTOTHEC
Today at 12:58 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing