• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie--The First Year: Cover Gallery
2 2

103 posts in this topic

And, finally, Archie Comics 10 September 1944. The Return of the Archiefish (and the Archie sun and the Archie buoy and the Archie girl 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif )

1267509-cgc12003.jpg

1267509-cgc12003.jpg.ab8e1ad389f7263b208ebf4eb997fda2.jpg

Edited by 143ksk

And, finally, Archie Comics 10 September 1944. The Return of the Archiefish (and the Archie sun and the Archie buoy and the Archie girl 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif )

1267509-cgc12003.jpg

There is ANOTHER Archiefish cover!!! Man, that is cool.

1267509-cgc12003.jpg

There is ANOTHER Archiefish cover!!! Man, that is cool.

This one is funny.

The other one is screwy.gif

Pep Comics 48 May 1944. Perhaps the bizarrest of the Pep covers--the "Archiefish!"

1267498-cgc12019.jpg

Thanks for posting these. Early Archies are extraorindarily undeervalued,compared to other esoteric books. With the early Peps especially, you have great art,stories, pretty women,superheroes, humor, funny animals and WW 2 era nostalgia -- all still selling for tiny percentages of books that have much less going for them, and which outside the hobby would not be recognized,let alone understood,by even a small fraction of one percent of the people who would know about Archie and gang.

Hey 143ksk, I've already got these scanned through 1948, I could post! (Unless your waiting to get your copies up here!)

How about I just finish 1944, you tell me if I should continue...

Archie #11 Nov-Dec 1944 cover by Bill Vigoda

Archie11fc.png

Pep #51 Dec 1944 also by Vigoda (did you know Abe Vigoda from TV's Barney Miller was his brother?)

Pep51fc.png

Great thread that I just found!

Did you ever know a guy named John Iavarone? He was a big MLJ collector in RBCC and Stan's Weekly Express in the 70's.

I'm sure he completed his collection at some point!