• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,762 posts in this topic

Congratulations with the beautiful Adventure, 40Y. The dream cover combined with the note from the Sandman would have been the perfect inspiration for Neil Gaiman's later series.

I've been waiting for this to arrive. A SDCC purchase from John Verzyl. Thanks John! Very pretty, my nicest GA Adventure to date.114549.jpg

Gorgeous copy :applause:

Edited by ciorac

Thanks all. This purchase led me to state to my buddy Bobby (an old east coast collector not on the boards) that I was reconsidering my whole collecting strategy. I used to try to stick to 7.0 and above now I'm thinking of 8.5!! The allure of these high grade copies is remarkable and could turn into a real theme. Whoever mentioned credit to start with was on the right track!

Way too cool of a thread to fall this far down the page list. Here's my only contribution. It's a shame about the minimal restoration and has some rust migration, but the book looks brand new in hand!

Adventure40SA70WHITE.jpg

Any other Adventures out there?

Beautiful book. :applause:

Way too cool of a thread to fall this far down the page list. Here's my only contribution. It's a shame about the minimal restoration and has some rust migration, but the book looks brand new in hand!

Adventure40SA70WHITE.jpg

No shame at all in that book my firend! (worship)

Adventure40SA70WHITE.jpg

Beautiful copy of a great book! :applause: Don't let the resto get you down, that's a great copy.

Don't let the resto get you down, that's a great copy.

Heck, resto - or an otherwise really nice looking copy with no back cover :whistle: - would be the only way I'd acquire a book like that.

Probably the rarest of the DC keys?

Great copy, congrat's. :golfclap:

Thanks for all the nice comments (thumbs u

And don't get me wrong, the resto doesn't bother me a bit. I'm always happy to pay a fraction of the blue label price for a few dots of glue on the spine and centerfold!

Here's a scan of the back cover with the rust:

Adeventure4070SAback.jpg

Given that it's already restored, I've toyed with the idea of having the staples replaced and the migration cleaned for preservation's sake. Thoughts on this?

Here's another just-picked-up copy of Adventure 40 - it's NBC (no back cover), but otherwise unrestored and has nice off-white pages, too.

She sure looks good in a mylar:

Adv40001.jpg