• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threatening PM's.
3 3

767 posts in this topic

Harold needs his azz beaten for sure. Not by you. Let his future "roomates" do it for you and relax knowing you are the better man.

Sorry!Sorry!banangetsit2.gifSorry!Sorry!

I could never dish out this kind of punishment.

Hey Cal, how about telling your friends, like Bartlett, to mannup and not let trolls deter them from being a part of something they would otherwise enjoy. Opposition, criticism, hate...all these things are present in all aspects of life. If you can't push past them, you won't get anything done.

Pain is inevitable, suffering and persecution are self-inflicted.

COI who knows what it really means to mannup.

See if you can get Dupont to man-up before the CAL haters PM him to stop to get all their gossip straight...

CAL can man up too

Sorry, I was busy trying to remember how to use the ignore function. Anyway, what I heard is this.

A new member joined the forum. Just as it has happened many times in my experience, this person was immediately accused of being a shill. From what I hear you had a large role (maybe a solo role) in successfully convincing the mods this person was a shill, getting the account permanently deactivated. This person being a new member had no idea what had happened and called CGC to see why the account was banned. All was cleared up, the account was reinstated, and life continued on.

Not registering at all. I wouild need to see the banned name, other circumstances, such as they were libeling me or calamerica-collectibles somehow, if what you say IS true, I will admit it immediately. But as of now, I really don't recall and can't recall without more specifics.

CAL sticking to his ideas and guns

You did this:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3299024#Post3299024

Then got this:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3299880#Post3299880

Hey Cal, how about telling your friends, like Bartlett, to mannup and not let trolls deter them from being a part of something they would otherwise enjoy. Opposition, criticism, hate...all these things are present in all aspects of life. If you can't push past them, you won't get anything done.

See if you can get Dupont to man-up before the CAL haters PM him to stop to get all their gossip straight...

CAL can man up too

Sorry, I was busy trying to remember how to use the ignore function. Anyway, what I heard is this.

A new member joined the forum. Just as it has happened many times in my experience, this person was immediately accused of being a shill. From what I hear you had a large role (maybe a solo role) in successfully convincing the mods this person was a shill, getting the account permanently deactivated. This person being a new member had no idea what had happened and called CGC to see why the account was banned. All was cleared up, the account was reinstated, and life continued on.

Not registering at all. I wouild need to see the banned name, other circumstances, such as they were libeling me or calamerica-collectibles somehow, if what you say IS true, I will admit it immediately. But as of now, I really don't recall and can't recall without more specifics.

You did this:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3299024#Post3299024

Then got this:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3299880#Post3299880

It's that type of behavior which would cost $500 to $700 a year.

CAL can man up too

You did this:

Then got this:

It's that type of behavior which would cost $500 to $700 a year.

Small price to pay for keeping the d-bags off the forums if you ask me.

CAL can man up too

You did this:

Then got this:

He was ranting about how his money made him better back then too?

Most of you with the pay-to-play issue (cause there are several in this thread) are missing the point.

Don't charge to sign up.

Charge for strikes.

First strike = $20 (time out is good, too.)

Second strike = $50

Third = $100

Fourth = $500

Fifth = $1,000

Or some variant thereof.

No need to ban.

To avoid incentivizing handing out strikes...require the money in the form of donation to HERO, or CBLDF, or some other unconnected to CGC charity.

And then...hire someone who does not post, and who will apply all the rules, consistently, to everyone, all the time. You'd be SURPRISED at how civil everyone will get when they don't want to pay $500 to stay....

Win.

As you can see I am already on THE LIST, so you know where I stand

on all this. I just find it the height of hypocrisy to rail about behavior that is most

apparently the one that is your own,( this beginning directed to CAL. )

Most of you with the pay-to-play issue (cause there are several in this thread) are missing the point.

Don't charge to sign up.

Charge for strikes.

Second strike = $50

Third = $100

Fourth = $500

Fifth = $1,000

Or some variant thereof.

No need to ban.

To avoid incentivizing handing out strikes...require the money in the form of donation to HERO, or CBLDF, or some other unconnected to CGC charity.

And then...hire someone who does not post, and who will apply all the rules, consistently, to everyone, all the time. You'd be SURPRISED at how civil everyone will get when they don't want to pay $500 to stay....

Win.

That's not a bad idea... It would be a better idea if CAL came up with it. :baiting::foryou:

Don't charge to sign up.

Charge for strikes.

Second strike = $50

Third = $100

Fourth = $500

Fifth = $1,000

Or some variant thereof.

No need to ban.

Win.

That's not a bad idea... It would be a better idea if CAL came up with it. :baiting::foryou:

EVERYTHING is a better idea if Cal comes up with it...

:luhv:

Don't charge to sign up.

Charge for strikes.

Second strike = $50

Third = $100

Fourth = $500

Fifth = $1,000

Or some variant thereof.

No need to ban.

Win.

You already generate enough revenue with your copper 9.8's.

:foryou:

Edited by bababooey

CAL can man up too

You did this:

Then got this:

I am off to work so I will make this quick:

Yes I did this

Yes I thought Not*Sure was Stu

because of her comments re: IMSM that Stu used to use

BUT I SHOULD HAVE LET GO AT THE TIME

I found out later she was who she is

I did not know she was kicked of here and I will call Wednesday and inqure about that for myself

We seem to get along now, or so I hope

I was fond of her husband at one time, still am in the best way possible

If she was kicked of because of me I will apologize on a sepearate thread

Yes I have made many mistakes in life, and that day was one big one

CAL who is sorry most for what CAL has done wrong, not others...

CAL can man up too

You did this:

Then got this:

I am off to work so I will make this quick:

Yes I did this

Yes I thought Not*Sure was Stu

because of her comments re: IMSM that Stu used to use

BUT I SHOULD HAVE LET GO AT THE TIME

I found out later she was who she is

I did not know she was kicked of here and I will call Wednesday and inqure about that for myself

We seem to get along now, or so I hope

I was fond of her husband at one time, still am in the best way possible

If she was kicked of because of me I will apologize on a sepearate thread

Yes I have made many mistakes in life, and that day was one big one

CAL who is sorry most for what CAL has done wrong, not others...

not*sure* hasn't been kicked of the boards. She's still very... participatory.