• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen 13
1 1

226 posts in this topic

Not sure about normal, hard to say considering how rare the Ruby reds are suppose to be. Anyone have a number on print run with the ruby reds? Honestly, I had forgot all about them.

On a side note, got my grades back on a couple of Gen 13 # 1 variants....books not in hand yet but soon I'm sure. Janet Jackson variant only came back 9.2 but the Lingerie version came back 9.6. No 9.8s oh well :sorry:

Print run was allegedly 400 but not sanctioned so were supposed to be destroyed.

Mine went about 4 years ago on Ebay for $550

So here's a question....

If you look at a label for Deathmate Black it says it is the first full appearance of Gen 13. Does that mean that there were appearances of any team members prior to that?

So back to this...why else would CGC put that if there wasn't a prior appearance by at least one of them somewhere?

So here's a question....

If you look at a label for Deathmate Black it says it is the first full appearance of Gen 13. Does that mean that there were appearances of any team members prior to that?

So back to this...why else would CGC put that if there wasn't a prior appearance by at least one of them somewhere?

Advertisements?

Hmmm that's interesting. So CGC sees Rainmaker's first appearance in Stormwatch #8 as a prequel to the team appearance even though Rainmaker was not a member of the original team...

Hard to keep up with stuff like this!

So who picked up all those glorious SS copies over the weekend?
I was underbidder on a lot of them! at least 5, maybe more. My brother was sending me emo sad txts when the 5th avenue or whatever street variant ended at 22. I suspect i would have just been the under on that one too :cry: I was pretty mad i didnt go all out and win the brady variant. Especially since i like spending money with Dan.

well considering the Janet cvr came just under $200 and the lingerie cvr just under $120, i think just between those two, he'll probably just break even or maybe just make a small profit.

I got the Grundge spidey cvr just under $45, plus the rest was just over $55 (i would know, i bid on atleast 4 or 5 of them) So i think he's doing just fine :acclaim:

PLUS, i think this was his third set of Gen 13 SS. the previous set sold way more than the 3rd set did.

well considering the Janet cvr came just under $200 and the lingerie cvr just under $120, i think just between those two, he'll probably just break even or maybe just make a small profit.

I got the Grundge spidey cvr just under $45, plus the rest was just over $55 (i would know, i bid on atleast 4 or 5 of them) So i think he's doing just fine :acclaim:

PLUS, i think this was his third set of Gen 13 SS. the previous set sold way more than the 3rd set did.

I was under on that one too :sumo:

I don't determine for other people what is "just fine" for them or not. The seller may have been happy with "just breaking even" or he may not. I DO know this: when sellers can't make money, they will stop doing whatever it is they are doing, and the supply dries up.

As a seller, I will sooner burn an SS book before giving it away for $22.

And I'll still take the "better book premiums."

you are correct this is my third and final set of gen 13 signature series books. This was the highest grade in that as well as the only time I offered a chrome signature series number 1. Although it did come in lower than my last 2 sets I'm still pretty happy with the marginal profit I made in the long run. The were couple good deals that were made I'm happy to start or continue a a collectorsignature series addiction Edited by Par2ch

As they say you win some you lose some. But in the long run in the attention those books got by the number of watchers Definitely increased bids on some of the other book I had for sale

. No slabs were hurt or burnt in the Listing and subsequent selling of these books

Edited by Par2ch

you are correct this is my third and final set of gen 13 signature series books. This was the highest grade in that as well as the only time I offered a chrome signature series number 1. Although it did come in lower than my last 2 sets I'm still pretty happy with the marginal profit I made in the long run. The were couple good deals that were made I'm happy to start or continue a a collectorsignature series addiction

More power to you man..... (worship) (thumbs u

and continue on producing the SS addiction....... hey somebody gotta be a supplier for us (or is that called pusher in the drug world)

Think I have seen a similar one before, but without the happy dance self-control

Campbell.jpg

:banana:

Ok, so I saw one of these at San Diego. The dealer didn't know its origin, and thought it was a sketch of "Dangerl Girl" he'd gotten a few years ago.

It was, however, this. Sadly, as is typical with this dealer, it was radically overpriced ($300.)

There are 6 of those, and they all reprint Gen 13 #1, the mini series from 1994.

They also reprint various old covers, including Gen 13 #13A, #6, #25, etc.