• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Ohio law cannot, unfortunately, absolve you of being a dork.

However, common law from the mother land (Prima Dorka), does allow the self-proclaimed Nerd of Nerds to grant or withdraw the title of Dorkus Dingus at will. hm

An actual lawyer, sweet. Not just someone who plays one on TV. (thumbs u

Thanks Sean, who went to four years of undergrad, three years of law school, and who passed the bar giving him the right to speak as an attorney.

You know what's totally unbelievable...?

Abraham Lincoln learned law ALL ON HIS OWN.

No college. No law school.

He did it by reading these funny things called BOOKS.

He read voraciously, he read all the time, and that is how he learned what he learned.

It doesn't matter where information comes from, if it's correct. It is the learning that counts.

YOU might try reading a book or two. Might do wonders for your personality.

Oh, and I may not pass the California State Bar Exam at this point, but I'll go up against YOU on any test, any day of any week.

(thumbs u

(PS...since I went to four years of college, do I have 1/3 the right to speak as an attorney...? hm )

Would seeing who can pee the farthest be considered a test?

Oh please.

This is yappy dog trying to prove his own against big dog.

Classic.

Oh please.

This is self important Internet know it all, who sadly believes he is somehow superior. Big dog :lol: pathetic.

Classic

At least as it relates to Ohio, if you agree to buy a widget from me at $100 (and we are not talking about a requirements or an outputs contract) you breach the agreement, and I I sell the widget to mitigate my damages for $50, you owe me the difference or $50. Incidental and consequential damages are on a case by case basis, and judges here hate to award attorney's fees under any circumstances. But the basic measure of damages is contract price less amount realized in mitigation.

:cloud9:

That's the easy way out - :baiting:

You get rescission and like it. :sumo:

At least as it relates to Ohio, if you agree to buy a widget from me at $100 (and we are not talking about a requirements or an outputs contract) you breach the agreement, and I I sell the widget to mitigate my damages for $50, you owe me the difference or $50. Incidental and consequential damages are on a case by case basis, and judges here hate to award attorney's fees under any circumstances. But the basic measure of damages is contract price less amount realized in mitigation.

hm

:baiting:

113887.jpg.aebea5258ec3dc2bd711f90f9ae98906.jpg

Rescission is an equitable remedy, and it works in situations where it is equitable to put the parties in the positions that they were in before the formation of the contract. Doesn't work very well here, but you may have gotten a point or two for mentioning it, were this a bar exam question. Or they may have failed you. Either way, kudos.

Thanks Sean, who went to four years of undergrad, three years of law school, and who passed the bar giving him the right to speak as an attorney.

He read voraciously, he read all the time, and that is how he learned what he learned.

It doesn't matter where information comes from, if it's correct. It is the learning that counts.

Oh, and I may not pass the California State Bar Exam at this point, but I'll go up against YOU on any test, any day of any week.

(thumbs u

(PS...since I went to four years of college, do I have 1/3 the right to speak as an attorney...? hm )

Oh please.

Classic.

Oh please.

This is self important Internet know it all, who sadly believes he is somehow superior. Big dog :lol: pathetic.

Classic

How did you know which was which?

(thumbs u

Oh please.

Classic.

Oh please.

Classic

How did you know which was which?

:lol:

Supposition.

Eliminating the "Flavors" non-votes we had a total of 63 votes

Percentages as follows:

Yes, as is - 32 out of 63 (51%)

Yes, but without 2d - 19 out of 63 (30%)

No, Need More Discussion - 12 out of 63 (19%)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=4927943&Searchpage=1&Main=163911&Words=abed+Povertyrow&topic=0&Search=true#Post4927943

Tomorrow I will be submitting The PL rules as shown in the above link to Arch for inclusion in the Want To Buy, Forum Only Selling and Sales Advertising - Ebay, Dealers. forums.

BTW - if anyone wants to see it I made screen print of the final poll. My bad for not putting an end date on the poll itself.

Wow.. step away for a few days and see what you miss! :o

Sadly I need to nominate Mac Man for probation for stepping away for a few days.

And I always thought he was a solid boardie.....sigh.

Sadly I need to nominate Mac Man for probation for stepping away for a few days.

Who are you and what have you done with cd4ever?

(thumbs u

I have no idea about what this discussion is about nor do I intend to read it... but... RMA's underlying point is a good one... education and learning are what counts. I met several "jail house lawyers" who understood criminal law better than most ADAs and defense lawyers -- both in its practical and legal applications.

There were also several dunces, but a degree doesn't automatically certify intellect, nor does the lack of one necessitate dismissal of someone's opinion.

Edited by Foolkiller

TTTTTIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I am cd4ever enjoying his first vacation in 2 and a half years.

And ya'll beeoootches must pay the price!

TTTTTIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I am cd4ever enjoying his first vacation in 2 and a half years.

And ya'll beeoootches must pay the price!

Step away for about 24 hours and then you get the Probie List? Son of gun!

The PL List Rules are now posted in their own thread. Please do not use it as a discussion thread. i am working with Arch to get it stickied and locked. Please note the 8/1 start date.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4949997#Post4949997

I think you should change the thread title to "Hall of Shame & Probation List Rules" ... to a new board member "PL Rules" doesn't really offer any indication as to what's inside.

Thanks! Much better title! (thumbs u

This is a first for the Rupp to have to do... and I hate to have to... but, its the rules.

Just sent Jason aka Marvelguy34 a PM notifying him of my submission of our uncompleted transactions to the Probation Discussions thread.

Jason made multiple purchases (totalling over $40) in my Clooneython VI thread that ran through two weeks of June. I, in turn, purchased some Blu-rays from his thread and deducted the cost from what he owed me bringing his total down. This was invoiced to him on 6/30/11.

Jason then asked if I'd like to trade more Blu's to bring his price further down, but unfortunatly he had nothing else I wanted. I assumed he would send payment but I haven't heard from him since.

I sent one PM on 7/11/11 that was read but not answered. I sent another PM reminder on 7/15/11 that is still marked unread and then another on 7/25/11 that is also still unread.

Today I sent him a seperate PM stating that the issue is being taken here to the PD thread.

All that said in simpler terms, is that I want him to complete his transaction with me as a "buyer" of my goods and I want him to complete his transaction with me as a "seller" of his goods.

If Jason cannot do these things, I regretfully wish to nominate him for the Probation List until he makes good on both purchases and sales.

I would like to ask the board how long is an acceptable amount of time to hold this merchandise for him? I wouldn't mind trying to sell it again in the near future... but the merch is his until I hear otherwise.

Jason's unpaid for purchases were made in my sales thread here...

CLOONEYTHON VI

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4871649&fpart=1

My purchases were made in Jason's sales thread here that I can't complete until he gets back in contact with me...

MG's DVD Sale

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4877890&fpart=2