Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#5577566 - 04/05/12 12:34 PM Re: Gobbledygook 1: More valuable than the best of Bronze? Really? [Re: ChadH]
ChadH Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Auburn, AL
Also, how do we know these are legit copies? Haven't their been counterfeit copies around?

#5578714 - 04/05/12 09:14 PM Re: Gobbledygook 1: More valuable than the best of Bronze? Really? [Re: conditionfreak]
joe_collector Offline

Ok ok. JC Superstar. But only because he martyred his ID.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Titan
 Originally Posted By: conditionfreak
Strange. I thought there were no rare bronze or copper comic books. I hear that at least once a week on here.

There is really no such thing as a "rare" mass-produced comic book from any era, and several hundred examples likely exist (100+ confirmed) of even something like Action 1.

The only exception are low-print editions like this (with a print run smaller than the existent copies of Action 1), which are not the same thing as a standard, mass market comic book. I mean, there are those "Museum" moderns that were artificially limited to 1 copy each, but I doubt anyone would trade a AF 15 for one.

#5578874 - 04/05/12 10:12 PM Re: Gobbledygook 1: More valuable than the best of Bronze? Really? [Re: joe_collector]
conditionfreak Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ohio, USA
So, youi're saying that there are most likely several hundred copies of each of these around?

I could go on and on. Either I have wasted a lot of money and time, obtaining these. Or you are wrong. Way wrong.

#5578935 - 04/05/12 10:30 PM Re: Gobbledygook 1: More valuable than the best of Bronze? Really? [Re: conditionfreak]
joe_collector Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

So, youi're saying that there are most likely several hundred copies of each of these around?

Any mass market issue of a popular character should have 100+ copies still existing *somewhere*, but that would naturally not include any esoteric or low-print (for the era) issues. And I'm not sure why you would post something like Romeo Tubbs (unless it was the "Canadian Edition, which is even lamer, since it's lower print), as there are plenty of copies online, including 10 over at Metro alone.

But my main point was comparing any issue from titles like Superman, post-Batman TEC, Batman or Captain Marvel would qualify - stuff people would keep and collect.

#5579012 - 04/05/12 10:59 PM Re: Gobbledygook 1: More valuable than the best of Bronze? Really? [Re: joe_collector]
Kevin.J Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Surrounded by comics
 Originally Posted By: joe_collector
Strange. I thought there were no rare bronze or copper comic books. I hear that at least once a week on here.

There is really no such thing as a "rare" mass-produced comic book from any era, and several hundred examples likely exist (100+ confirmed) of even something like Action 1.

The only exception are low-print editions like this (with a print run smaller than the existent copies of Action 1), which are not the same thing as a standard, mass market comic book. I mean, there are those "Museum" moderns that were artificially limited to 1 copy each, but I doubt anyone would trade a AF 15 for one.

What about recalled editions ?

A HarveySwick production

Shipping to the UK is real easy, have a look at My Kudos Thread and see what the experts say.

#5579017 - 04/05/12 11:01 PM Re: Gobbledygook 1: More valuable than the best of Bronze? Really? [Re: joe_collector]
conditionfreak Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ohio, USA
So, Silver Streak Comics was a low print run that no one collects? The above were not mass produced comics and no one (who counts) collects them?

I posted the Romeo Tubbs because you can't find ten of them. Heck, find three. Even two. It is the Canadian issue and is labeled #27 on the cover. It was mass produced. The ones at Metro do not have an issue number on the cover and they are issue #28. Gerber and Overstreet state #27 probably does not exist.

It must be fun when you decide what is a low print non-mass produced without any evidence other than your educated guess. It also must be fun when you decide what is collectible and what is not.

I can't wait to read your next post about how truly clueless I am, and how spot on you are.

I love the use of the words "should" and "somewhere". Hard to disprove those words.

#5579484 - 04/06/12 07:08 AM Re: Gobbledygook 1: More valuable than the best of Bronze? Really? [Re: conditionfreak]
Gatsby77 Online   content
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: Washington, DC
I haven't checked on the latest link from Heritage's upcoming sale, but all but one of the recent sales (last two years) from Heritage were "autheticated" by Eastman and/or Laird themselves.

That's part of what drove the ridiculous first sale of the 8.5--it was the first verified authentic version sold publicly in years.

And--true to form, once it sold for as much as it did, several other sets came out of the woodwork.

Also CGC Magnus Robot Fighter (Gold Key)

#5580480 - 04/06/12 03:55 PM Re: Gobbledygook 1: More valuable than the best of Bronze? Really? [Re: JesterSB]
supapimp Offline

Custom title body snatcher

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Sucka Free city
 Originally Posted By: JesterSB

Heritage offered 3 #1s last year:
Feb 8.5 sold for $11,352.50
May 9.0 sold for $6,273.75
Nov 8.0 sold for $1,912.00

Price seems to be coming down as the hardcore guys get their copy.

OUCH! doh\!

#5581005 - 04/06/12 06:31 PM Re: Gobbledygook 1: More valuable than the best of Bronze? Really? [Re: ChadH]
Archon_Turtle Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Loc: South Pasadena, CA
 Originally Posted By: ChadH
Also, how do we know these are legit copies? Haven't their been counterfeit copies around?

I'd be happy to vouch for these books. They belong to Bill Fitts -- the creator of the fabled "The Birds, The Bees, and the Turtles" Adult TMNT book. He is a former Mirage employee. He served as archivist back when the amount of TMNT product being produced warranted the position to exist.

Bill contacted me about how to handle the sale of the books when he recently rediscovered them in his collection. These books were given to him by Kevin.

#5586023 - 04/08/12 04:45 PM Re: Gobbledygook 1: More valuable than the best of Bronze? Really? [Re: conditionfreak]
joe_collector Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

I posted the Romeo Tubbs because you can't find ten of them. Heck, find three. Even two. It is the Canadian issue and is labeled #27 on the cover.

What's next, 35-cent variants of Western/Cartoon books. Printing defects?

I am Canadian, and *everything* produced for up here is already a "low print" since it's only about 5-10% of the comparable US edition. Or are you just another dumb American who thinks we all live in igloos and hunt polar bears. lol

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH; BU roll 1964 P Kennedy halves, $200
by cucamongacoin
07:26 PM
FSH; $500 FRN VF with a problem *SOLD*
by cucamongacoin
07:25 PM
1942 Walking Liberty NGC PF 67 CAC
by Mark T
05:32 PM
1888 Liberty Seated Dime NGC MS 65 CAC
by Mark T
05:28 PM
Comics Marketplace
SA Marvel FS: FF 45, early appearances, low grade lots, BA lots, freebies, etc.
by makeminemego
02:04 AM
TPB's and squarebounds anything large size. About 5 boxes worth
by comicnut
12:41 AM
ASM 361 High Grade
by theTrust
12:36 AM
Avengers #93, Top Cat #1, Magilla Gorilla #1 and more
by alrioart
11:58 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum IDW Publishing