• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See those WWII Japanese Covers
8 8

915 posts in this topic

Two great examples of why it is rough being an Astros fan. 1980 Phillies series was unbelievable. I got to go to two of those games. Fortunately game 5 wasn't one of them. Watching it on TV was bad enough. Most folks don't remember that at the end of the season the Astros were tied with the Dodgers for the NL West. Astros won a one game playoff. I skipped school so I could listen to that game on the radio. Astros 7, Dodgers 1.

Then 1986. Damn. Great game, but again the home team lost. Sucks!

Anyway, back on topic...I still have this...

action76.jpg

I remember watching the Phillies beat the Astros in 1980 and I moved to Philadelphia in 1983. I was at the NLCS when the Phillies beat Atlanta but disappointed again when they were beaten by Toronto. Moved to New York and listened to Boston beat the Yankees in the ALCS. What a disappointment that was...and to Boston. Finally got to watch NY win the World Series a few years later.

I still have these although a couple are recent additions

2916931096_5c459b8bef.jpg5279881227_ff6d611837.jpg

2334371110_db11bc46ee.jpg4997586226_a2773b4dbc.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

Thought this one was neat and pretty unusual. You don't see too many chemical weapons covers, so I couldn't pass it up. Thanks to Steve!

skyman2.jpg

i like it. i like it a lot.

Those would be biological weapons which fit into the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" category like the fire bombing of Tokyo and atomic bombs that hit Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

I really need a copy of that one. Do you at least have a good scan you could send me?

This is a generic scan of the only Japanese WWII cover I have. I bought it a few years ago strictly for the cover because of the great action and colors. Mine's a CGC 9.2 copy and I don't have a picture of my copy on this computer but wanted to share anyway.

113400.jpg.8d859f797c09d4ab6b0e5bdfd2c40c2a.jpg