• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

Congrats on the nice Lost Valley pickups!!! Now whoever has the Lost Valley Tec 27, sell it to me now! lol

i know what you mean!

i would give my left nut for the LV action 2 :cloud9:

Gorgeous books!

25.jpg

highest graded!

The New Comics 3 is beautiful!

From the scan, it looks like the kind of book that could have the spine conserved in a way that would be reversible. I really wish that CGC would support conservation of partial spine splits more than they are doing today, but that's a long story that doesn't belong here. Suffice to say that I'd much rather have an otherwise beautiful copy like this than an average copy in the same technical grade.

I've always loved this book but have never owned one. A few years ago I was fortunate to pick up the pin at an auction. Last summer a local library ran a summer-long comics program, and they asked if I would provide some stuff for their displays. I showed them the pin and they loved it. They even made a small cut out of the comic and displayed it with the pin.

CoolStuff020.jpg

Here's a close-up of the pin.

CoolStuff023.jpg

:o Neat!

Is there any earlier comic-related promotional item / pin?

I've always thought it was the first DC item, but I have no confirmation on that.

That's one cool pin and I've always liked the NA #16 cvr!

There is one earlier - seems DC got onto the promotional bandwagon very early on! This is not mine, but is a button for the first DC title, New Fun Comics from 1935! I've seen a couple of these, but they are rare.

NewFunpin.jpg

I've always thought it was the first DC item, but I have no confirmation on that.

There is one earlier - seems DC got onto the promotional bandwagon very early on! This is not mine, but is a button for the first DC title, New Fun Comics from 1935! I've seen a couple of these, but they are rare.

NewFunpin.jpg

I remember this pin. Thanks for the clarification, Prehero.

NewFunpin.jpg

I remember this pin. Thanks for the clarification, Prehero.

For anyone who might care (I do), there might be an even earlier comic book-related pin than this 1935 New Fun!

From the FIRST all original newstand comic company/book/character! All from 1933!!! Unfortunately, not mine either :sorry:

DetDanpin.jpg

End of NC/NA/Adv thread derailment. :blush:

Hello my friends and fellow golden age comic collectors,

Compared to most of you I have not been collecting GA for long.

Actually, I bought my first GA comic back in 2007. Action Comics #2 with some help from Rick (Gator). :cloud9:

Since then I was hooked.

I started spending all of my available money on collecting Golden Age Comics, in particular GA DC comics.

That is when I became interested in the New Adventure / Adventure comics run.

I was drawn to the beautiful Flessel art, the choice of colors and the rarity of most of the books from #1 - #39.

So I decided to try and collect the run from #12 - #39.

This is the forth time I have tried to put this run together.

Over the years things have come up, both good and bad, needing me to sell my collection and try and start again at a later time.

I’m sure if you look back through the threads you can see all of this unfold. :blush:

Now, after just receiving the #24 in the mail today, I finally feel I have gotten to a point where I am super happy with my run. It is the strongest it has ever been and (almost) complete.

Aside from my #13 needing a few wraps (including cover) and a #32, I have my long awaited New Adventure/Adventure run, and what better thread to post it in. :banana:

This run you see below could not, in no way shape or form, have been put together without the fine help of these boards and certain awesome board members.

I would like to thank, in no particular order:

Rick (Gator)

Phil (VTcomics)

Colin (comicdey)

Bill (goldenacase)

Ronaldo (Socratic Wonder)

George (Palamas)

Andy (October)

Peter (RareHighGrade)

Jerome (jerome34)

Tim(ACME)

And without a doubt the wonderful Brian (TheGoldenAge)

:applause:

I look forward to seeing more books posted in this thread and to one day completing this run by obtaining a #13 and a #32 :wishluck:

Thank you,

Ben Oakley

naa.JPG

nab.JPG

nac.JPG

nad.jpg

Edited by swapto