Page 13 of 20 « First<1112131415>Last »
Topic Options
#4907823 - 07/01/11 08:17 PM Re: Sasquatch doubters, if you only watch one documentary... [Re: bronzilla]
drice6900 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Still a Rush-free Utopia
Too bad this didn't happen. I woulda voted for them...

"Fine - as soon as I finish this chapter of Tolkien! I always was a sucker for far-out fantasy!" - Captain America (Avengers Vol. 1, #46)

�I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.� - B.B. esq

#4907841 - 07/01/11 08:25 PM Re: Sasquatch doubters, if you only watch one documentary... [Re: drice6900]
bronzilla Offline

My friends call me "etc"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Outside the Matrix. Where RU?
 Originally Posted By: drice6900

Too much testosterone between the two.

It would have never worked. hm
Populations suffer from a fear of change, for their conditioning assumes a static identity. Challenging ones belief system usually results in insult and aprehension. Being wrong is eroniously associated with failure, when in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates us to a new level of understanding. There is no such thing as a smart Human being, for it is merely a matter of time before their ideas are updated, changed or eradicated. This tendency to hold on to a belief system, any belief system and sheltering it from new possibly transforming information, is nothing less than intellectual materialism. Dominant World views operate with the same social irrelevancy, they exist as barriers to social and individual growth. Major institutions exist as barriers to personal and social growth for each group perpetuates a closed world view.

Pat Tillman... Remember him please, he deserved so much more. http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/

#4908055 - 07/01/11 10:24 PM Re: Sasquatch doubters, if you only watch one documentary... [Re: bronzilla]
MR-SigS Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The frozen wasteland. Brrr!
How did they get Sasquatch in that pants suit?

#4908115 - 07/01/11 11:03 PM Re: Sasquatch doubters, if you only watch one documentary... [Re: bronzilla]
DrWatson Offline

"What are you armed with?"
"Guess."
"Guess?"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Twatosaurus rex
 Originally Posted By: bronzilla
 Originally Posted By: drice6900

Too much testosterone between the two.

It would have never worked. hm

Which one's which?

"When in a room full of people and no one has your back; it's time to move your back." ~ Anonymous

I think that life's too short for this. I want back my ignorance and bliss. I think I've had enough of this. Blow me... one last kiss.

You can tell the truth or you can lie. You can say I left you or I died. Say I'm in the Himalayas on some spiritual quest and could spend years lookin' for the light. Say I'm in the witness program with the F.B.I. Say a U.F.O. abducted me from home. Well, you can say what you chose, but I tell you the truth. You can say for sure I'm gone.

July 25, 2009.

#4908248 - 07/02/11 12:21 AM Re: Sasquatch doubters, if you only watch one documentary... [Re: bronzilla]
mystrymachine Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: Tumbleweedville
 Originally Posted By: bronzilla
 Originally Posted By: Darth Ominus
It's always been commented on that bones are never found. Elephants have been known to collect and gather bones of their dead in one location, so I suppose it's not unthinkable for a higher primate to do the same.

Or bury their dead?

Either way a dead body would not last long in the wet environment of a rainforest. Decomposition and scavengers would likely make short work of a body. Plus the areas where the creatures live if they exist are huge!

You dont realy have a sense of how large and densely forested the pacific northwest is unless you have lived there, or visited the region.

I could vouch for that. I drove from California to Alaska about 25 years ago and once I hit Canada each town was about 3 hours away from each other. I passed the scariest looking wolf I have ever seen driving through there around 2 in the morning. He was large and full of mange and definitely wasn't afraid of my car as he stood there and glared at me with his blood red eyes. It still gives me the willies thinking about it. \:\)

#4911099 - 07/03/11 08:09 PM Re: Sasquatch doubters, if you only watch one documentary... [Re: mystrymachine]
FlyingDonut Offline

I sold the first CGC book ever on eBay and all I got was this stinking title.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicagoan Abroad

"I'd like to thank Chicago for single-handedly keeping the following American big-city traditions alive: smoking, drinking during the day, eating terrible food, congeniality and breasts. It's noble work you're doing, Chicago. We're all proud of you."
Bill Simmons, May 28, 2010

#4912667 - 07/04/11 05:29 PM Re: Sasquatch doubters, if you only watch one documentary... [Re: bronzilla]
PEP Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Infidel
Bronzie...you watch Finding Bigfoot on the Animal Planet channel?

They've been showing a marathon the last couple of days. Pretty interesting.

I've upped my standards so up yours.

Instead of being pissy and whiny all the time try to be happy for once. You're not going to change anyone's mind. It's only weather.

#4912728 - 07/04/11 05:55 PM Re: Sasquatch doubters, if you only watch one documentary... [Re: FlyingDonut]
Forbush-Man Offline

Custom title? I don't need no stinkin' custom title.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: 1st EMPEROR !!!!!!

EMPIRE COLLECTIBLES
Pulp Magazines, Comic Books & more...

#4913234 - 07/04/11 08:51 PM Re: Sasquatch doubters, if you only watch one documentary... [Re: PEP]
bronzilla Offline

My friends call me "etc"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: PEP
Bronzie...you watch Finding Bigfoot on the Animal Planet channel?

They've been showing a marathon the last couple of days. Pretty interesting.
\(thumbs u
Populations suffer from a fear of change, for their conditioning assumes a static identity. Challenging ones belief system usually results in insult and aprehension. Being wrong is eroniously associated with failure, when in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates us to a new level of understanding. There is no such thing as a smart Human being, for it is merely a matter of time before their ideas are updated, changed or eradicated. This tendency to hold on to a belief system, any belief system and sheltering it from new possibly transforming information, is nothing less than intellectual materialism. Dominant World views operate with the same social irrelevancy, they exist as barriers to social and individual growth. Major institutions exist as barriers to personal and social growth for each group perpetuates a closed world view.

Pat Tillman... Remember him please, he deserved so much more. http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/

#5569740 - 04/02/12 12:26 PM Re: Sasquatch doubters, if you only watch one documentary... [Re: bronzilla]
bronzilla Offline

My friends call me "etc"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Hey fellas, be sure to get a permit, prior to looking for Sasquatch. \(thumbs u

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/aae071ef1c074fa3902a0bd977c0f583/AR--Bigfoot-Hunters-Permit/

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. Any expedition in the Buffalo National River area that charges a fee requires a permit from the federal government.

That includes expeditions to find Bigfoot.

That was the message two National Parks Service rangers had for Matt Pruitt when they found him and 31 other Sasquatch seekers at the Steel Creek campground near Ponca on Feb. 24.

Pruitt explained that he was leading an expedition for The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, which has 24 other expeditions planned this year in the United States and Canada.

The participants in Pruitt's Arkansas expedition had paid between $300 and $500 apiece to search for Sasquatch, according to a National Parks Service incident report from Chief Ranger Karen Bradford. That basically made Pruitt a "concessionaire," similar to those who rent canoes or operate other businesses in the park, Bradford said.

The rangers, Billy Bell and Ben Henthorne, cited Pruitt for "engaging in a business without a permit or written agreement," the report stated.

Pruitt said he paid the $525 fine online Friday.

"I think it was a fairly innocent mistake," he said. "At first they were very concerned that we were filming, that we were trying to get away with commercial filming without a permit. Once those concerns were satiated, there were other concerns."

Matt Moneymaker, founder and director of The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, has a show on the Animal Planet television network called Finding Bigfoot. But none of the cast from the show participated in the Arkansas expedition, and no video cameras were taken on the expedition, Pruitt said.

Bradford said she was concerned about the park's environment.

"We're not in this to make a lot of money, but we are in this to protect our resources," she said. "If he's got people running around in the park, who knows what they're doing looking for this elusive creature."

Normally, the group would have been asked to leave the park, but since some had traveled from far away to look for Bigfoot, the park rangers let them stay, Bradford said.

Pruitt tells the Arkansas *spoon*-Gazette it was an innocent mistake and that he paid his fine last week.

"There was this kid, it was his birthday present to come and look," she said.

Seventeen participants on the trip paid a total of $3,650, which went to the organization, said Pruitt, who said he was paid half that amount, or $1,825, to lead the expedition.

"I lost money on that particular expedition," he said.

Pruitt said he will check with rangers before leading another Bigfoot expedition on National Parks Service land, which is under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Fees for permits vary depending on use, Bradford said, but Pruitt probably wouldn't have been granted a permit to lead a Bigfoot hunting expedition in the Buffalo National River area anyway.

"It's highly unlikely that we would have issued a permit to do that," she said.

According to the Buffalo National River website, special use permits must be obtained for groups of 26 people or more. Those permits normally cost $150.

"I am not angry in the least," said Pruitt. "I don't feel mistreated by the Parks Service. ... It was my neglect."

Other than the fine, Pruitt said things went well during the Arkansas expedition. Pruitt said he has conducted Bigfoot expeditions in 18 states, and he'd rank Arkansas in the top three for Sasquatch activity.

"There were certainly things that happened that convinced me that there are Sasquatches in the Buffalo River area," said Pruitt. "We definitely heard sounds that were indicative of Sasquatch. Characteristic vocalizations. Very compelling observations."

Pruitt was using a thermal imaging device, which is used for night vision, and for the first time, he said, he saw what may have been a Sasquatch.

Page 13 of 20 « First<1112131415>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
1969 P Roosevelt Dime ~ NGC MS 66 ~ Low Pop ~ $45
by Mr. Smith Guesser
02:33 PM
1954-D Franklin Half Dollar PCGS MS65FBL (old holder)
by Hu-Dey
03:00 PM
1967 Washington Quarter PCGS MS68 old holder
by Hu-Dey
02:52 PM
Gold Coins for sale All NGC PF 70's $ to chose From ! LOOK
by Paul Kiraly 3
01:07 PM
Comics Marketplace
CGC Terry Toons and Mighty Mouse
by ft88
SHOWCASE #4 CGC NM+ 9.6 - ORIGIN and 1st FLASH - Single HIGHEST Grade
by PGCMint
Raw Potpourri Sale LITTLE ARCHIE, ACTION #242, SA BATs, SHIELD #1 & X-MEN #100
by Malcontent
03:47 PM
Ed McGuiness Avengers cover and Kevin O'Neill Marshal Law foe pin-up in EBAY
by 666
03:42 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.