• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I doubt it's a shill account. He has a valid point. How is he suppose to log on if he doesn't have that e-mail address anymore?

Man your not kidding "dry humor"? I was only kidding. :makepoint:

lol

Yeah, if you don't know me by now I have a complete dry sense of humor, and I tend to get to get offended very quickly.

hm

Adonis doesn't sound British. (shrug)

WTF are you talking about?

Was proposing to add SAGAT to the list due to the restored Avengers 1 he sold to me as non restored. When asked whether or not it was restored he blatantly lied and said it was not.

When the book was discovered to be actually restored he claimed innocence and refused to make good on the deal.

He vanished, would not answer emails or 2 years. I even went so far as to have a lawyer draw up a letter asking him to make good on his obligation.

This link is to the post I made after I had purchased the book from SAGAT and was unfamiliar with restoration at the time. Avengers 1

When I finally encountered SAGAT at the gym in my building I was able to get him to fork up half of the amount that he owed me, as I sold the book on ebay as extensive A for 480. SAGAT paid up 400, which we mutually agreed upon, as I felt sorry for him due to his claims that he was completely unaware that the book was restored and bought it unaware of the restoration. Which he also claimed on the boards when he was outed here SAGAT

The contrary has now come to light as October says he was present when SAGAT bought the book in Chicago knowing full well that it was restored and that he would sell it on ebay as unrestored.

SAGAT and I agreed that this matter was over with the partial refund, that was forced out of him mind you, but based on the new information that has come to light I personally believe that SAGAT owes me the remainder of this money or should be placed on the probation list until he comes clean and admits his wrong doing.

This all happened off the boards so I can understand how some might feel that he should not be added, however he did blatantly lie to everyone on the boards regarding this matter. Thoughts, opinions would be appreciated.

Sorry for this being so long winded. :sorry:

Edited by Twistty1

Was proposing to add SAGAT to the list due to the restored Avengers 1 he sold to me as non restored. When asked whether or not it was restored he blatantly lied and said it was not.

When the book was discovered to be actually restored he claimed innocence and refused to make good on the deal.

He vanished, would not answer emails or 2 years. I even went so far as to have a lawyer draw up a letter asking him to make good on his obligation.

This link is to the post I made after I had purchased the book from SAGAT and was unfamiliar with restoration at the time. Avengers 1

When I finally encountered SAGAT at the gym in my building I was able to get him to fork up half of the amount that he owed me, as I sold the book on ebay as extensive A for 480. SAGAT paid up 400, which we mutually agreed upon, as I felt sorry for him due to his claims that he was completely unaware that the book was restored and bought it unaware of the restoration. Which he also claimed on the boards when he was outed here SAGAT

The contrary has now come to light as October says he was present when SAGAT bought the book in Chicago knowing full well that it was restored and that he would sell it on ebay as unrestored.

SAGAT and I agreed that this matter was over with the partial refund, that was forced out of him mind you, but based on the new information that has come to light I personally believe that SAGAT owes me the remainder of this money or should be placed on the probation list until he comes clean and admits his wrong doing.

This all happened off the boards so I can understand how some might feel that he should not be added, however he did blatantly lie to everyone on the boards regarding this matter. Thoughts, opinions would be appreciated.

Sorry for this being so long winded. :sorry:

October slam dunk testimony. Doesn't appear to be any ambiguity on this one. :shrug: On the probation list he goes. :sumo:

Interesting conundrum. I'd be inclined to put him on the proby list, as well, since it's a guide from whom to be weary about. And to get corroboration from a fellow boardie on the fact that he was indeed dealing in bad faith, it's pretty damning in my opinion.

I feel for you but IMO (which means nothing here) this wasn't a board transaction so it he should not appear on the list. Are you out any monies? You sold it for 400 and he also gave you 400. I read like three threads on this one subject so I am confused.

I feel for you but IMO (which means nothing here) this wasn't a board transaction so it he should not appear on the list. Are you out any monies? You sold it for 400 and he also gave you 400. I read like three threads on this one subject so I am confused.

The probation list isn't a by the book, rules, zero tolerance(stupid) concept. This a general guide for those who are interested in a list of people who have shown poor character and may be untrustworthy to do business with.

We don't need to know everything bad that each person has done, but I think any collectibles transaction should be valid to consider.

Yes... Book brought for over 1200 (1280 or 1300 can't quite recall), resold as restored for 487, and was then paid back 400. So I'm out still about 400.

Edited by Twistty1

Although non-board transactions usually don't make the list I would agree to have him added. He is on my personal probation list after a recent transaction. I will not be dealing with him again. 2c