• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

monstermonkey79's "i hope you don't feel ripped off" thread

70 posts in this topic

monstermonkey79 responded to my WTB thread for a Nemesis #4 (Millar variant)

I bought the book, then this happened.

Communication was excellent and he was fun to talk to...

He shipped my book quickly...

He packed it securely...

The book even arrived in better condition than advertised...

Horrible experience!

I am used to buying from eBay where I wait months for a book to arrive and it shows up over-graded and bent in half.

He has ruined the consistency that I am used to when buying comics online.

Thanks alot monstermonkey79 !!!

All kidding aside, this guy is A+ in my book. I would recommend him to anyone here.

From time to time I buy from the fine folks on these boards. I am more than willing to post my good experiences.

This first "thank you" Kudos goes to monstermonkey79 = Jonesy. Mr. Eric Jones was kind enough to pick up this book from Wondercon. It was an awesome transaction. Eric you are a stand up guy, thank you.

DSC00937.jpg

:hi:

bought a cap tron variant from this slickster. he shipped it right out so i would have it for a signing. he sold it at a great price. the only issue i have is his last name but i guess he cant help that.

thank you mr jones.

bought a cap tron variant from this slickster. he shipped it right out so i would have it for a signing. he sold it at a great price. the only issue i have is his last name but i guess he cant help that.

thank you mr jones.

lol "That's Doctor Jones to you doll"

Best sense of humor I have encountered on the boards so far...this guy is groovy! Not that those characteristics are really that relative other than making it an enjoyable transaction.

As per our PM he held this book for an extended period of time for me before I sent payment. Book arrived swiftly after I sent payment, was packed very well and was in great shape.

Thanks.

This guy allowed me to go to SDCC while sitting in my living room in Arkansas!

He picked up a couple of statues for me and took requests as the con went on. I also wound up picking up a few items from his SDCC sales thread.

Everything arrived safe and sound and incredibly FAST!

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (out of 5)

I posted a request on the SDCC 2011 forum asking if someone was willing to help me obtain a copy of the SDCC exclusive Locke & Key vol.4 hardcover

Jonesy sent me a PM offering his help, and actually managed to get me a signed & personalised copy as well as a signed copy of Clockworks #1 !!!!!!

On top of that, I was surprised to find a bunch of the SDCC giveaway temporary tattoos in the package as well.

I'm so glad Eric was willing to help out without asking a ridiculous premium. He didn't even ask for a payment in advance even though he purchased a personalised copy for a guy he has never met who lives on the other side of the Atlantic (The Netherlands), now that´s putting your trust in people (thumbs u

Eric, once again THANKS A BUNCH for everything, you :headbang:

If there´s anything I can do for you, just drop me a line.

like everyone else, i blindly requested anyone going to sdcc for something. jonesy offered to grab the famous monsters exclusve for me no questions asked. mind you, that was the 1st time speaking to him too. will do business again with him in a second. top notch