• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen 13
1 1

226 posts in this topic

Ok after going back at least 14 pages and not seeing the first thing to do with Gen 13 other than a foil variant that doesn't actually exist I decided that I would just ask in a new thread. What kind of Gen13 does everyone out there have? I've got a couple of the variant #1s in a stack getting ready to send off (I bet if you try hard you can probably guess which ones) and wanted to see what everyone else has. Any 9.9s? 10s? Original art?

My last year at FSU, the LCS was going out of business and having a 60% off sale and i bought all 13 or however many variants they were. For the life of me, i dont have a clue what box i have them in but im sure none of them are 9.9's. Maybe some 9.6's or if i was lucky a 9.8 or 2. I'm pretty sure those are the only Gen13's i have.

Ok after going back at least 14 pages and not seeing the first thing to do with Gen 13 other than a foil variant that doesn't actually exist

Why would you say it doesn't exist? Do you mean it's not "official"...?

I decided that I would just ask in a new thread. What kind of Gen13 does everyone out there have? I've got a couple of the variant #1s in a stack getting ready to send off (I bet if you try hard you can probably guess which ones) and wanted to see what everyone else has. Any 9.9s? 10s? Original art?

Everything, including multiples of the mini, the #1 variants, and all the black signed boxes.....

....as well as the super secret RED box, which contains all 14 issues, all signed by Campbell AND Garner.

:o

Well I know it "exists" because after reading multiple back threads you have two of them right? But they are "homemade" and were never manufactured by the retailers. Still, it's something you have no one else does, right? :lol:

Yep, love opening those black boxes, and I have seen one of the Red ones pop up on Ebay. Thought briefly about buying it but decided to spend it elsewhere. Interesting question here....I have been told, and may have even seen one once, that the blank covers included had a few sketched on and inserted in those black boxes. Anyone ever see one? I think I remember seeing a Jim Lee somewhere. It was just a real loose sketch but if that's true I'm surprised all of these things didn't get swiped up and busted just for the chance....

The Black boxes sell on Ebay between 75-125 typically if they sell at all. I rarely see them out of that price range on there at least. It's been a while since I've seen a red so I'm not positive how much it went for.

The Black boxes sell on Ebay between 75-125 typically if they sell at all. I rarely see them out of that price range on there at least. It's been a while since I've seen a red so I'm not positive how much it went for.

Back in 1995, when these first came out, I am abolutely positive they sold for $39.95. I was so annoyed that I didn't get one, and remained so for years, because they shot up to $10-$15 EACH shortly after release. Now, granted, the 14 books can be assembled for $40 or less these days, but I made it one of my life's missions to get a box for $40 or thereabouts.

And in the early 2000's, I did.

:grin:

I now have about 6-7 of them, including the red, and I *think* I paid $50 as the highest price for any of them. All four sigs represented.

I just sent in a holiday 13c (which really should have been 13d) to CGC. It's a pretty dead lock at 9.8.

The hardest books I've found were #11 European, #1 Chromium, and 13c holiday.

Tough, tough books to find.

I have never seen a sketched blank. I'll have to check my boxes. Some of them are still sealed.

I cracked mine the day I bought it way back when. Bagged and boarded everything and have since gotten a Fairchild quick sketch by Campbell on the blank :thumbsup: I'm horrible at keeping stuff in the package (except I do still have a pack of football cards in the original wrapper from 1972!)

My problem is that I am kind of obsessed with the stuff from late '92-late'97 when i was out of comics. Generally pilloried as the worst period in comics history, I find myself strangely attracted to bad girl books, chromium and other assorted drek. :cloud9: