Page 76 of 254 « First<7475767778>Last »
Topic Options
#4633080 - 02/28/11 08:34 AM Re: In the beginning...There were expansions... [Re: BeachBum]
DrWatson Offline

"What are you armed with?"
"Guess."
"Guess?"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Twatosaurus rex
 Originally Posted By: BeachBum
 Originally Posted By: cheetah
 Originally Posted By: DrWatson
 Originally Posted By: NewEnglandGothic
It just makes me so for set collectors trying to keep a focus in this economy, when I see requests for these inner "advertisements".

I agree. What ultimately burned me on the X-Men sets was those stupid pressman books. Ugh. \:p

Originally Posted By: NewEnglandGothic
I get even more , when I see requests from boardies who have the books for sale too.

What cheeky monkey basturds. \(tsk\)

The Pressman books are freaking impossible. Add the JC Penney/Stridex variants and you have the hardest nine books in the run. One doesn't even have a graded copy and one is labeled a 'second print' when the others are labeled 'reprint.' All the same run of books, though. Maybe an X-men Reprint set for those and the Marvel Legends books would be more appropriate.

If you pick up the Marvel's Official Index to the Marvel Universe - The Uncanny X-Men TPB that just came out they list, and show the Pressmens in the second printings, newsstand, and variants sections:

Uncanny X-Men 297 (2/93) Pressman Toy Company, sendaway, gold cover
Uncanny X-Men 303 (8/93) Pressman Toy Company, sendaway, gold cover
Uncanny X-Men 307 (12/93) Pressman Toy Company, sendaway, gold cover

So, that still doesn't mean they aren't schlitz.

"When in a room full of people and no one has your back; it's time to move your back." ~ Anonymous

I think that life's too short for this. I want back my ignorance and bliss. I think I've had enough of this. Blow me... one last kiss.

You can tell the truth or you can lie. You can say I left you or I died. Say I'm in the Himalayas on some spiritual quest and could spend years lookin' for the light. Say I'm in the witness program with the F.B.I. Say a U.F.O. abducted me from home. Well, you can say what you chose, but I tell you the truth. You can say for sure I'm gone.

July 25, 2009.

#4633101 - 02/28/11 09:04 AM Re: In the beginning...There were expansions... [Re: DrWatson]
Gemma Administrator Offline
CGC
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: CGC
\(shrug\) I really don't mind how we can all come to an agreement, but the only question I have is why argue it now and not when the original poster requested the addition? That is the reason for this thread and most times when I receive a PM with a request I ask the user to post it here for discussion before the addition or expansion is made. Also, in some of these sets the books in question may be non-competitive (where they don't affect the completeness of the set, but still have a scored slot where they can be displayed). Perhaps I can ask for that to be more visible to the users to assist you in seeing where I have already made this allowance and to suggest other slots of comics that should be non-competitive due to either their rarity or the lack of demand for them to be graded. (I'm going to ask about that this week).
BeachBum, you requested the additions to this set and now say that you agree with Watson....so that's a bit confusing, and cheetah you are often registering titles and issues into sets where they have not been added and I generally go ahead and create the slot for you without asking you to post the request here, clearly that is also not conducive to how this thread is intended and will have to change, so those books will be rejected in the future unless the request originates here.
I'll just slow down on the expansions, stick to the set additions and let you all have more than enough time to haggle out what belongs where.

#4633111 - 02/28/11 09:13 AM Re: In the beginning...There were expansions... [Re: Gemma]
DrWatson Offline

"What are you armed with?"
"Guess."
"Guess?"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Twatosaurus rex
To be honest, I'm typically stirring up trouble elsewhere as this forum really isn't a hotbed of activity. Plus, I didn't notice the Astonishing X-Men set addition until the other day. That's when I overreacted.

I spoke up about the X-Men additions when it happened, but that ship has sailed and I really don't care at this point as I have sold or will be selling those books. The only one that concerns me now is the Astonishing X-Men (2005) set. So, would you please fix it <insert puppy dog eyes> before you decide to shift into a lower gear?

Thank you.

"When in a room full of people and no one has your back; it's time to move your back." ~ Anonymous

I think that life's too short for this. I want back my ignorance and bliss. I think I've had enough of this. Blow me... one last kiss.

You can tell the truth or you can lie. You can say I left you or I died. Say I'm in the Himalayas on some spiritual quest and could spend years lookin' for the light. Say I'm in the witness program with the F.B.I. Say a U.F.O. abducted me from home. Well, you can say what you chose, but I tell you the truth. You can say for sure I'm gone.

July 25, 2009.

#4633147 - 02/28/11 09:34 AM Re: In the beginning...There were expansions... [Re: DrWatson]
cheetah Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Kentucky
I thought I was just entering books into on-going monthly series but if you want me to stop, I will. My only real point was that I thought mini-series should be kept separate from the regular titles. I thought the setup on the Avengers worked pretty well and still think it would work well on other titles.

#4633166 - 02/28/11 09:44 AM Re: In the beginning...There were expansions... [Re: cheetah]
CGC

That's fine and that's why I'll gladly make one-shot sets, but I don't appreciate the whole "WHOAH how did this happen" attitude, when almost everything is requested here, the only exceptions being those who request the monthly additions in clusters here and wait for them to be added and those who just register their new issue to a set and hope it will be added (and you're not the only one).
I'm just saying if people want to cry foul then there are a few ways to level the playing field and this is one. Unfortunately, this also happens with the spin-offs and one shots (as you mentioned) and I can't always keep up with who wants what where . This way, hopefully if someone who is not on the boards requests it through the admin system they're not causing problems for the rest who want to discuss the changes first...I'll just direct them here ;\)

#4633172 - 02/28/11 09:48 AM Re: In the beginning...There were expansions... [Re: Gemma]
Bosco685 Offline

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? But whatever. Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace. Even if it's evil.

And lurking.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: USA

#4633232 - 02/28/11 10:24 AM Re: In the beginning...There were expansions... [Re: Gemma]
cheetah Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Kentucky
 Originally Posted By: Gemma
That's fine and that's why I'll gladly make one-shot sets, but I don't appreciate the whole "WHOAH how did this happen" attitude, when almost everything is requested here, the only exceptions being those who request the monthly additions in clusters here and wait for them to be added and those who just register their new issue to a set and hope it will be added (and you're not the only one).
I'm just saying if people want to cry foul then there are a few ways to level the playing field and this is one. Unfortunately, this also happens with the spin-offs and one shots (as you mentioned) and I can't always keep up with who wants what where . This way, hopefully if someone who is not on the boards requests it through the admin system they're not causing problems for the rest who want to discuss the changes first...I'll just direct them here ;\)

I apologize if I struck a nerve on this. I was not complaining, only stating what I thought was a solution. I understand this issue has been a problem for the X-men sets in the past before I was involved. I do have an opinion that the Marvel Milestone books shouldn't be included in sets but I also realize that that horse has left the barn so if I will choose whether I want to collect them of not.

As far as having a discussion here, unfortunately, most posts never get responded to. I've brought up ideas with Amazing Spider-man and Avengers but never got any real responses. I took it as no one else having an interest. X-men seems to be the title that stirs up emotions.

I'd still like to see the Marvel Legends reprints added to the Avengers w/ variants set. I know most don't have graded copies yet but at least three do.

Want List
Mile High copies of Exciting Comics, Top-Notch Comics, and Blue Beetle Comics
Black Cat Mystery/Mystic 49, 50, 58, 59 VF or better
Ka'anga 8, 17, 18, 20
Li'l Abner 97 VF+ or better

#4633268 - 02/28/11 10:42 AM Re: In the beginning...There were expansions... [Re: cheetah]
CGC

Well, the milestone books are non-competitive....like I said I'm looking into that further for everyone as I think that is a key item that is unclear at this point. \:\)

And I do agree with one-shot sets as long as I can get a reference and we don't have one person who "owns" the list or has the final say. I'm going to hold off on the X-Men crossover set that remains for this reason...to allow more time for discussion.

#4633288 - 02/28/11 10:56 AM Re: In the beginning...There were expansions... [Re: Gemma]
CGC

Additionally, I can just go through the site and start making with/without variants sets for all modern comics once the current posted list is complete. This way each collecting style will be represented (like on the coin and paper money registry). It would just become an all (all previews, variants, crossovers, and tie-ins) or nothing at that point and we can make as many one-shot or mini-series sets as you like....???

#4633458 - 02/28/11 12:48 PM Re: In the beginning...There were expansions... [Re: Gemma]
Blorgon scum Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Gemma,

Please expand Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight from issue #35 to #40 the final issue of the series.(Including Variant covers)

Thanks for the hard work that you do!!!

Page 76 of 254 « First<7475767778>Last »

Moderator:  Architecht, Harshen, cgcmod2, cgcmod3, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, plitch, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FS: $500 bill nice VF
by agentjim007
01:51 PM
Two Large Size Notes CHEAP
by BRIAN339
10:46 PM
SOLD
by PrezErrors
11/25/14 03:40 PM
Rainbow Toned Franklin and Nuclear Toned Lincoln for sale
by PCcoins
11/25/14 09:23 AM
Comics Marketplace
Ebay Listing: DR. WHO Sketch Cover, original art
by ScottPVaughn
06:42 PM
THANKFUL FOR COMICS SALE! Mega Keys TTA 27 & AVENGERS 4 !!! Plus BATS & GGA
by TeeDub
04:41 PM
FS: FF45, DS 169,and IF 14 (all cgc 8'5s)
by c-mack
01:12 PM
BIG SALE, high grades! - DD1 , Thor 165, FF 48, TOS 48 + 57
by GAMBlT
12:58 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.035 seconds in which 0.022 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles