• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,914 posts in this topic

Just got these back from CGC today. The #54 is only the third graded copy and tied for highest graded. The #55 is the first graded copy of this particular issue, so even at only a 9.4 is a VERY tough book. I'm extremely happy with them!

SSS54CGC.jpg

SSS55CGC.jpg

The one BA book i was targeting in the Clink auction that went below GPA and i was able to snag. A REAL nice copy of a book ive been trying to find in HG since i got back into collecting a few months ago. Very, VERY happy with the price i got it at :banana:

av101.jpg

lol I just picked up this bad boy to fill a hole in my X-men set. As an added bonus, I believe it qualifies as the worst miswrap in my entire collection, beating out my MTU 33! You be the judge.

XM_76_94.jpg

MTU33FC.jpg

lol I just picked up this bad boy to fill a hole in my X-men set. As an added bonus, I believe it qualifies as the worst miswrap in my entire collection, beating out my MTU 33! You be the judge.

XM_76_94.jpg

MTU33FC.jpg

Haha :) I'm sure it will be available in the not too distant future as an undercopy. :baiting: I saw your Avengers #9 in one of the threads! That was one sweet pick-up Cheetah! It's one of my early favorite Avengers stories. Should be a key IMO. Just sayin' (apologies in advance for the wrong thread)

XM_76_94.jpg

MTU33FC.jpg

I think we're going to have to borrow a term from sportcard collecting for that MTU. It's a miscut, not a miswrap. I don't think I've ever seen one that bad before. (Not that the book is bad, of course.)

MTU33FC.jpg

I think we're going to have to borrow a term from sportcard collecting for that MTU. It's a miscut, not a miswrap. I don't think I've ever seen one that bad before. (Not that the book is bad, of course.)

Believe it or not, that is really a pretty nice copy of MTU 33. I've seen much worse but not many better. Ghostown had a better copy and I've got a raw Western Penn that is nicer, but both of those still have problems.

MTU33FC.jpg

Believe it or not, that is really a pretty nice copy of MTU 33. I've seen much worse but not many better. Ghostown had a better copy and I've got a raw Western Penn that is nicer, but both of those still have problems.

I don't know if properly centered or properly cut copies of MTU #33 even exist. Here's my copy and a few from e-Bay:

MTU33a.jpg

DSC_1784.jpg

MTU33-1.jpg

MTU33_2.jpg

marvel_team_up_33.jpg