• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for NOTHING Bill Sienkiewicz!
2 2

619 posts in this topic

Ok....I worked on some of my scanner settings.....and blew up the head. :)

This is a better representation of that one area at least.

CSS3.jpg

WOW! Now that is just awesome!

Thank you Roy. It is awesome. I wish I could frame it and hang it on the wall....but my wife and kids might have other ideas. I still plan on framing it, but it may have to hang in my walk-in closet. As long as I get to see it, that is what counts.

CSS3.jpg

WOW! Now that is just awesome!

Thank you Roy. It is awesome. I wish I could frame it and hang it on the wall....but my wife and kids might have other ideas. I still plan on framing it, but it may have to hang in my walk-in closet. As long as I get to see it, that is what counts.

Make a copy of it and reduce it, then hang it on the wall. That way it doesn't freak everyone out as much.

I am really glad from your pictures that this actually has more of Bill's look than I thought it did. This is NOT a sketch, it is pretty damned near finished and really a lot of Bill's final work looks a little rough because that's just his style.. He did a good job to go above and beyond to make up for the previous 3 years and last product delivered (I won't go into detail about why this happened since you are trying to put this behind you and it's been discussed to no end).

I consider it a finished piece. What may appear to be un-finished is truly an example of Bill's style. The EC logos and the 10 center, the touches along the left and right border look great just the way they are. I am glad that the piece is not "crisp" in that respect. I wanted a piece without clean lines. That is the reason that I like Bill's art so much and why I am so wowed by his rendition of Craig's tight linework. It is exactly what I wanted it to be.

That was an awesome story. Glad you got that MOST BEAUTIFUL cover recreation in the end! (thumbs u I actually met Bill back in 1986 and he was pretty cool. Autographed the entire Elektra Assassin miniseries for me. But to tell you the truth, his talents have seriously upgraded from his drawings back then!

Thank you for following the thread. Bill has definitely evolved. Some might not like his stuff, but my art tastes run the gamut of Jasper Johns, Willem de Kooning, and Jackson Pollock in the fine art world, and guys like Bill and Kent Williams in the Four Color world.

CSS3.jpg

So glad to see this end the way it did. Congrats

Thank you Collin. I am glad as well. It is a full 180 from everything that I expected to happen.

he's gonna be at the WC, i wonder if he'll do a sketch for me. hm:wishluck:

Bill's sketch list fills up quickly...so get there early, and make sure you attend the show the following day (if it is a multi-day show), so that you can pick up the sketch in person.

Jeff,

My girls would probably love it. They are always trying to dig through my "scary" books to see what they can. I don't really want them to look at my horror books, but they are curious lil' munchkins. I am not really as worried what they might think, as opposed to what the neighbors would. :shy: I think they are already a little miffed about me revving the GT in the driveway....se la vie.

Truly an epic tale, with a GREAT ending! To go from the "weinerhead troll" sketch to what may possibly be the coolest piece of commissioned art I have seen to date is truly stunning! Very glad that Bill made good, and that you were made right. Well worth the wait, indeed!

interesting thread. glad someone bumped it up. it was a little before my time on here. buuut... i'm gonna use MS Paint and outline a couple of things. maybe it's just my imagination...

gg62E.jpg

Edited by porky

interesting thread. glad someone bumped it up. it was a little before my time on here. buuut... i'm gonna use MS Paint and outline a couple of things. maybe it's just my imagination...

I would say you definitely have an active imagination

You'll fit right in

I would say you definitely have an active imagination

You'll fit right in

lol. if you say so.... that chin is as ball-y as the family guy's