• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,407 posts in this topic

Always liked the ibis character since I first read a story in the whiz 1 treasury from the 70's.

I only have one issue but have toyed with the idea of completing the 6 issue run.

Nice copies bill

Thanks Collin, I'll let you know when I've completed the run, so you can start......

Not much of a GA collector, usually stick with SA/BA, but i do like to pick 1 up here and there if its a book that gets my attention.

I got this in the Pedigree auction last week. Dont really know much about it but i thought it was a REALLY cool cover and for the grade/PQ was fairly cheap so what the heck. How often do you get to see a bikini clad babe fighting a jungle cat AND a snake at the same time (thumbs u

z1-1.jpg

Edited by sufunk

Not much of a GA collector, usually stick with SA/BA, but i do like to pick 1 up here and there if its a book that gets my attention.

I got this in the Pedigree auction last week. Dont really know much about it but i thought it was a REALLY cool cover and for the grade/PQ was fairly cheap so what the heck. How often do you get to see a bikini clad babe fighting a jungle cat AND a snake at the same time (thumbs u

z1-1.jpg

Nice book, sufunk! :applause:

But having passed through the looking glass into the GA world of good girl art, mad-hatter horrors and legions of colorful costumed characters fighting for just causes can one ever really leave? hm

Edited by DavidMerryweather

z1-1.jpg

Very nice choice

Gga is the wave of the future

z1-1.jpg

Very nice choice

:applause: That is one beautiful book, must've missed that one in the Pedigree auction.

The coloring of the cover is superb.

P.S. To some, GGA is the wave of NOW.

z1-1.jpg

Very nice choice

:applause: That is one beautiful book, must've missed that one in the Pedigree auction.

The coloring of the cover is superb.

P.S. To some, GGA is the wave of NOW.

Thanks all!

It actually was the VERY last book of the Pedigree auction. I had planned on getting at least 6 or 7 X-men but they were going WAY over GPA and i only got 2 of them. After the last few went way past what i wanted to pay, i saw this book listed right after the X-men.

I was a little annoyed at missing so many X-men and this book was just sitting there pretty cheap so i bid it to drown my missed X-men sorrows which it DEFINITELY did!

z1-1.jpg

Nice book, sufunk! :applause:

But having passed through the looking glass into the GA world of good girl art, mad-hatter horrors and legions of colorful costumed characters fighting for just causes can one ever really leave? hm

That never happens, does it?

I got this in the Pedigree auction last week. Dont really know much about it but i thought it was a REALLY cool cover and for the grade/PQ was fairly cheap so what the heck. How often do you get to see a bikini clad babe fighting a jungle cat AND a snake at the same time

Zoot #13 (Feb.) is a killer comic -- I will post some interior shots of my copy.

rulah13-sample-01.jpg

rulah13-sample-02.jpg

I'm sure that you guys know all about it but like I said, I know very little about GA so may e you could explain something to me?

I was looking at the census and see that there are two #13's, one in February and 1 I think in march. What's the deal with that?

I was looking at the census and see that there are two #13's, one in February and 1 I think in march. What's the deal with that?

I ain't much help, but I will say that there are multiple number designations of other Fox titles, such as early Jo-Jo's.

Fox isn't the only publisher with such mix-ups. Timely's Human Torch starts with #2.

I ain't much help, but I will say that there are multiple number designations of other Fox titles, such as early Jo-Jo's.

Fox isn't the only publisher with such mix-ups. Timely's Human Torch starts with #2.

Not a mix up, technically. Red Raven was #1.

A couple more...

rulah13-sample-03.jpg

rulah13-sample-04.jpg

Very nice! Thank you.

(thumbs u

Thanks for sharing the stories.

The knife in the neck panel makes me feel like I was reading a ficton house book and a little... :sick:

I got this in the Pedigree auction last week. Dont really know much about it but i thought it was a REALLY cool cover and for the grade/PQ was fairly cheap so what the heck. How often do you get to see a bikini clad babe fighting a jungle cat AND a snake at the same time

Zoot #13 (Feb.) is a killer comic -- I will post some interior shots of my copy.

rulah13-sample-01.jpg

rulah13-sample-02.jpg

Thats AWESOME! Thanks for posting that! (worship)

Damn! I never realized the jungles of Africa were filled with so many insanely hot chicks back in the 40's?!? :D

Those pics almost make me want to crack the slab and read it when i finally get it in hand. ALMOST lol