• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Collecting Thread!
1 1

150 posts in this topic

Nice (worship)

Can I ask you a question hepcat?

I've been noticing the last few days that you have quite the array of raw keys. How come most are unslabbed? Do you still read them or would just rather spend the money on other books than slabbing?

Quite simply I don't believe in slabbing. Why would I entomb my own books in plastic thus making them effectively unavailable to my own self? They're not for sale. In fact, I've cracked open the few slabbed books I've purchased over the years and stored them with the others in Mylites with Thin-X-Tenders/Halfbacks.

rantrant

That's cool. Do you actually read those HG copies?

I'm almost the same way but I like the idea of them slabbed and much better protected. I love handling and looking at the books and like the safety of knowing I won't damage them doing so when theyre slabbed. I'd like to read them but don't want to damage them even though I would never sell them uess they are uncopies.

Instead, I buy the essentials and read those unfortunately in black and white :blush:

Edited by sufunk

Do you actually read those HG copies?

Truthfully I never get around to reading them anyway. I'm hundreds of comics behind in my filing right now. I bought dozens of Little Audrey and Spooky the Tuff Ghost early last year and I've been working on getting all my bronze age JLA, Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman and Brave & the Bold properly filed - but I've run out of Halfbacks/Thin-X-Tenders. All my bubble gumcards, sports and non-sports, are properly filed in binders though but I need an additional storage rack.

I have more than twenty of the DC Archive books including the Aquaman one which I have been reading through though. They don't, however, have all the cool ads, letter pages and other nifty features.

:)

Edited by Hepcat

Here are scans of the next two Aquaman Showcases from my collection:

Showcase32.jpg

Showcase33.jpg

The 33 was a particularly good buy since it has a 1/8 inch chip out of the back cover at the top but that bothered me not at all. What I didn't like was the miscut left edge but the cover was so white and bright that I bought it anyway.

:whee:

Nice books, the Aquaman Showcases are insanely difficult to find in HG, which is why I`ve never owned one!

I still own this one from his own title:

Aquaman16.jpg

Edited by tth2

Here are scans of my Aquaman 1 and Aquaman 2:

Aquaman1.jpg

Aquaman2.jpg

It took me over 25 years to find a really nice copy of #2 but I finally got one at a show here in Toronto from Superworld of Worcester, Massachusetts.

:headbang:

It took me over 25 years to find a really nice copy of #2 but I finally got one at a show here in Toronto from Superworld of Worcester, Massachusetts.

:headbang:

#2 is VERY difficult to find in high grade, which is funny because #1 is relatively easy and #3 is one of the easiest SA DCs to find in high grade.

I have more than twenty of the DC Archive books including the Aquaman one which I have been reading through though. They don't, however, have all the cool ads, letter pages and other nifty features.

Talk about underestimating. I just counted my DC Archive books. I have 47 right now, which means I already had 45 when I made the above post that I had more than twenty!

:insane: