• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK 181 CGC 9.9?
1 1

488 posts in this topic

Not with the new cases. With the old cases, I wouldn't trust a 9.9 to move across the room without being damaged.
Sadly, and IMO extremely suspicious, all 9.9 and 10s are put into old style cases..... Even moderns.

huh?

Not with the new cases. With the old cases, I wouldn't trust a 9.9 to move across the room without being damaged.
Sadly, and IMO extremely suspicious, all 9.9 and 10s are put into old style cases..... Even moderns.

No, they're not.

zcgc_im_2_99wm.jpg

424376237_o.jpg

:gossip: Green was joking...
No, just misunderstanding. I'm on my phone posting at work. I was talking about the inner wells used for a modern 9.9 vs 9.8

if it was worth that... wouldn't they want it re-holdered?

Not if it was clearly not a 9.9 anymore.

re-holdering is not re-grading.

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/services_and_fees.asp

"Reholder service is for a chipped, scratched or cracked holder that has not been opened or had its seals broken. We will place your comic in a new holder.

NOTE: All Reholder submissions are subject to review for tampering and accuracy of grade."

I've seen that language before, have you ever seen it actually happen?

I don't think I've ever seen them undertake a grading on a book where the grading fee would be over $100 when the submitter paid the $11 reholder fee.

it's happened to me. i turned in a book to gemma for reholdering at the wonder con, and a month later i rec'd a call from harshen telling me the book will not be reholdered due ti SCS. so they replaced it with another copy in the same grade.

TalesOfSuspense_49.jpg

TalesOfSuspense_049_bk.jpg

replacement copy

tos49.jpg

so they replaced it with another copy in the same grade.

:o

Talk about epic win. Lt tan to ow/w?niiiice

Pick your poison...off-centered w/writing vs. tanning, but yeah, I'd take the OW/W copy as well.

so they replaced it with another copy in the same grade.

:o

Talk about epic win. Lt tan to ow/w?niiiice

Pick your poison...off-centered w/writing vs. tanning, but yeah, I'd take the OW/W copy as well.

i was surprised at how fast CGC found another copy to replace it with. :whee:

Just went on sale on Comiclink for $150k. HERE.

Is a 9.9 really worth that much?

Wow, what's up with that URHC?

Scans can be deceiving, but it doesn't look like a 9.9 to me.

Has anyone actually seen the book in hand and confirmed that there is SCS on the book?

The reason I ask is because you can't tell anything from that carpy scan. At least I can't.

There's all this talk of SCS on the book but all of this talk is coming from a poor scan at best. , the book looks like an 8.5, I can count 15 spine stresses but I'd bet money that they aren't there in real life.

For all you know that corner is just gently bent down, and in that case there is really nothing wrong with the book.

I'd have to say that there is nothing wrong with the book unless we see a clearer scan or someone with first hand experience has a better look at the book.

Not sure, although the old label does make me think so, that I saw that book about a decade ago at SD. The price then was $60K.

At the time, that was probably 2x a 9.8. Since 9.8s have taken a dive since it's basically madness to list this book at $150k. That's something like 10-12x the 9.8 price.

If it just makes it into your 100K-list I'l go see a shrink .... :P

Edited by Angelius Silesius

As much as I'd love to own a book like this, if I'm dropping 150k it had better be a Hulk #1 in 9.9.

Joking aside, I don't see the book selling for that much. Especially when you could pick up a high grade silver age key for less than that.