Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#4212057 - 08/20/10 09:51 PM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: Scott_Schechter]
Revenant Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: Scott_Schechter
Hi Tim:

We made a couple of changes to the display of Custom Sets last week. Now the Owner Comments are shown in the main list view of your Set. I hope this will allow you to display information in the way that you want.

We looked at hundreds and hundreds of sets before we elected to merge the information in Slot Comments into Owner Comments. It turns out that very few members were using both fields, and almost always a coin description was put into the Slot Comment field. I don’t have the exact stats with me but it was something like fewer then 10% of all Signature Sets had both fields occupied, and fewer than 5% of the actual slots.

If there is a particular way you’d like to show your Sets, let me know by PM or posting here. We’ll try to figure out a way to a make this work for you.

Regards,
Scott

I was part of that 10%... And used both on almost every slot. I put months into perfecting that set up and, as if the comment combination wasn't bad enough, your change to display the comments on the main view has ruined the appearance of my set.

Before, I could have a simple, short slot comment about what the coin was/why it was distinctive, and a long, elaborate informative owner's comment without having the long commentary show up on the main view. Now, the entire text shows up in the main page. The narrow column width makes the comments stretch on forever. The set can't even be easily viewed and appreciated as a whole now.

I would have preferred it that the comments weren't visible from the main view as they were before, but hey, I guess this is what I get for having a life and needing to be gone for a few months.

You obviously can't make everyone happy, but at least the old system came pretty close.

It's also "nice" to see that I'll pretty much have to re-build the entire set from the begining in order make it work properly because of this transition.
I'm hoping to obtain a nice 2007 New Zealand Kiwi that is either graded or which I can send in to have graded by NGC. I would like it to have the original packaging with it too but that's not really a must.

-William

#4218535 - 08/24/10 07:33 AM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: Revenant]
Scott_Schechter Administrator Offline
Vice President

Collectosaurus Rex

Revenant, we're looking at making another tweak to the Custom Set display that will address your issue. I'll PM you with the timeframe and details later today. Regards, Scott

#4238919 - 09/03/10 10:17 AM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: Architecht]
gherrmann44 Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Wisconsin
It would be nice in the edit coin feature if we could change a coins status from raw to NGC graded without deleting the coin and re-entering it. I just sent in a few raw coins from my inventory for grading and having the coins returned with grades, cannot figure out how to change this status. Thanks.
Gary

#4239326 - 09/03/10 01:50 PM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: gherrmann44]
Zo444 Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Loc: NY, NY
My biggest issue at this time is that when adding NGC coins, the fields are not populated and are not editable. I get blanks in my set for country as well as details unlike PCGS or raw coins entered. The look and feel of the set is therefore inconsistent and I do believe this is a major fix that is due.

#4332535 - 10/18/10 05:56 PM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: Scott_Schechter]
dagfoto Offline
Hobbyist

since the recent changes .. the grade field has changed ... The auto-fill in grade does not match the slab grade ..

#4437429 - 12/06/10 02:12 AM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: dagfoto]
coinman_23885 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Would you please check the scores for the 1887 RD MS65 Indian Head cents? I know that the 1887 is scarcer in gem condition and more valuable ( a previous post seems to indicate that this is factored in), yet is is ranked equally with my 1879 RD MS65 coin. Numismedia reports that the '79 is worth around $1,200 and the '87 around $1,800. P.S. Please raise the score on my 1887 and not lower it on the 1879! I think the 1879 RD MS65 score is in line with the rest of the values!

Thanks for your time and consideration.

#4445515 - 12/09/10 01:52 PM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: coinman_23885]
mr.topgear Offline
Just got here

I am unable to get any values listed in the realized column on the collection manager. Is there something I am doing incorrectly?

#4483770 - 12/26/10 09:26 PM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: Scott_Schechter]
coinman_23885 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Scott_Schechter
P.S. Since you can't run two version of Internet Explorer on one PC, there is a still a good workaround if you don't want to upgrade from IE7.

Download Firefox browser: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

That way you can have a browser that is super speedy with Collectors Society and keep IE7 for other sites. Just a thought.

I've tried Apple's Safari for Windows - it appears to run Javascript faster than even Firefox. I like to use both of them. I haven't tried it with Chrome, but it seems like a viable option as well.

#4584695 - 02/05/11 09:15 PM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: coinman_23885]
Oldtrader3 Offline

The Unknown Engineer

Pedigreed

Loc: Western Washington
The one thing that PCGS has that you have not done over here is on this site is historical #1 set listings by year in a format that is easy to access.. I am sure that you are aware of the feature ATS which shows all of the all time best sets that have been on top of that particular registry over its history.

You may not have the historical data for all the sets that have been in every registry contact since 2002 but you do have the data on all #1 winning sets for each of these years in each category of various set registries, including all Mint and Proof sets that have won awards and have attained first place in each of the preceding years since 2002.

Would you consider putting together an historical listing by category, of each top set in each registry since 2002? This would be a good historical reference and narrative of each collector who has had winning registry sets during this sites history. I believe that this would be a worthy project for you to undertake and many collectors would appreciate seeing their top sets listed in an historical listing perspective and format. Many of us have spent much time and money for winning sets with ave no visibility on this site. PCGS has a distinct marketing advantage in this area. Would you consider adding this feature to your site, please?

#4586104 - 02/06/11 03:09 PM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: Oldtrader3]
Lehigh96 Online   content
Chatzilla

Loc: The Poker Room
 Originally Posted By: Oldtrader3
The one thing that PCGS has that you have not done over here is on this site is historical #1 set listings by year in a format that is easy to access.. I am sure that you are aware of the feature ATS which shows all of the all time best sets that have been on top of that particular registry over its history.

You may not have the historical data for all the sets that have been in every registry contact since 2002 but you do have the data on all #1 winning sets for each of these years in each category of various set registries, including all Mint and Proof sets that have won awards and have attained first place in each of the preceding years since 2002.

Would you consider putting together an historical listing by category, of each top set in each registry since 2002? This would be a good historical reference and narrative of each collector who has had winning registry sets during this sites history. I believe that this would be a worthy project for you to undertake and many collectors would appreciate seeing their top sets listed in an historical listing perspective and format. Many of us have spent much time and money for winning sets with ave no visibility on this site. PCGS has a distinct marketing advantage in this area. Would you consider adding this feature to your site, please?

I agree 100%

Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  ngcmod, dena, Jay Turner, CCGmod0, PaulS., Barbara T, Keith Zaner, ccgmod1, jrich, cgcmod8, ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FS: Several Morgans and 1835 Half Dime - Free Shipping
by A.Phillips
06:51 PM
FS: Canada 1936 $ NGC MS64 @ Christmas Gift price. SOLD
by agentjim007
05:39 PM
Any Macau / Japan paper money for sale?
by Beebeepan
03:27 AM
Looking to buy and sell confederate notes
by aps
12/17/14 10:12 PM
Comics Marketplace
How to get ahead at X-Mas! CSS #22
by agro23
01:36 AM
1964 Time Capsule JLA #21 & #22 and Hawkman #1
by gdfisher
12:27 AM
Power Man & Iron Fist Run 68-124 F/VF $50 a
by ottobord
11:12 PM
I've got bronze runs. (yup)
by Real Elijah Snow
10:49 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.022 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.