• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Also, I think they handled Amy's death pretty well. I was glad to see the transformation in Andrea. The opening scene last week of her and Amy sitting in the boat talking about fishing has been, hands down, the worst, most insipid piece of writing on the show so far. I can't even watch the scene again because of my distaste for it.

You think Amy's death was handled well? I thought it was waaaay too dramatic. How did she know she wasn't going to be strong enough to just bite her face? Why would everyone else just let her act all crazy like that with a walker in the camp. That was a huge threat. Amy could have bitten Andrea and then you would have two zombies in the camp!

I will agree with you about the "insipid" comment even though I had to grab a dictionary first.

lol Perhaps by "handled pretty well," I just meant I was relieved I'd never have to sit through some dumb, contrived scene between the two sisters again. But yes, my girlfriend and I were almost shouting at the screen for Andrea to shoot Amy ("do it now, for fork's sake!").

Also, was it just me or does it seem like it takes forever for people to become walkers? It seemed like it had to be hours before Amy changed. Anyone remember any examples of people turning in the book? I don't recall it taking that long for the transformation.

It doesn't take long at all in the book. Once you die, the transformation happens rapidly. However, you can "live" for a while if you are bitten int he leg or arm or something. You're still doomed unless Rick can get to you in time to cut off the infected area quickly though.

Also, I think they handled Amy's death pretty well. I was glad to see the transformation in Andrea. The opening scene last week of her and Amy sitting in the boat talking about fishing has been, hands down, the worst, most insipid piece of writing on the show so far. I can't even watch the scene again because of my distaste for it.

You think Amy's death was handled well? I thought it was waaaay too dramatic. How did she know she wasn't going to be strong enough to just bite her face? Why would everyone else just let her act all crazy like that with a walker in the camp. That was a huge threat. Amy could have bitten Andrea and then you would have two zombies in the camp!

:roflmao:

I will agree with you about the "insipid" comment even though I had to grab a dictionary first.

lol Perhaps by "handled pretty well," I just meant I was relieved I'd never have to sit through some dumb, contrived scene between the two sisters again. But yes, my girlfriend and I were almost shouting at the screen for Andrea to shoot Amy ("do it now, for fork's sake!").

Also, was it just me or does it seem like it takes forever for people to become walkers? It seemed like it had to be hours before Amy changed. Anyone remember any examples of people turning in the book? I don't recall it taking that long for the transformation.

It doesn't take long at all in the book. Once you die, the transformation happens rapidly. However, you can "live" for a while if you are bitten int he leg or arm or something. You're still doomed unless Rick can get to you in time to cut off the infected area quickly though.

I hope we see that on tv it will be such a shocker

I have been loving the show so far. I did feel the past episode was a little slow. It took them forever to actually get to the CDC, which then happened at the end of the episode.

The one thing I really appreciate is that the show is proving to be unique from the book. I was positive the end of season one was going to be like that of the end of the first tpb, but the twists and additions of characters have really added a lot of extra flavors and dimensions to the show.

One thing that disappointed me was the exit of that Mexican (?) family when the decision was made to try the CDC. I assume that is their exit from the show, but then that feels like a waste, doesn't it?

I can't wait for next week's episode! I wonder if it will be any longer? :) Also, I am not looking forward to having to wait another year before the Walking Dead comes back to AMC for season two.

Ironically, not being a fan of the comics at all, my wife liked this last episode the best. I think the departures from following the book are actually more interesting to her so it is probably a good thing for the less nerdy watchers like me.

What do you mean by that Zuck? :sumo:

what i can't figure out is that unless we find out there was some airborn/waterborn component to the zombie virus, why is this so hard to manage? these zombies can't figure out how to open up a locked door, why couldn't sharpshooters have picked these guys off day and night from the roof of a locked building or something? how do they manage to overrun military personnel with body armor, unlimited amo, tanks, etc.? why can't they be nepalmed?

perhaps the second amendment folks should show WD episodes to support their cause. lord knows i'm wanting my shotgun back just in case...

perhaps the second amendment folks should show WD episodes to support their cause. lord knows i'm wanting my shotgun back just in case...

Go rewatch the movie "Signs". Then you'll feel safe with only a bottle of water.

Go rewatch the movie "Signs". Then you'll feel safe with only a bottle of water.

Hey, it did in M. Night Shyamalan too. It showed what a one trick pony or one convient twist ending kinda guy he truly was. It got old fast and audiences were soured by The Village.

Hey, it did in M. Night Shyamalan too. It showed what a one trick pony or one convient twist ending kinda guy he truly was. It got old fast and audiences were soured by The Village.

I thought The Village was at least tolerable, The Happening however?!?!?!?!? That movie still gives me a headache!

what i can't figure out is that unless we find out there was some airborn/waterborn component to the zombie virus, why is this so hard to manage? these zombies can't figure out how to open up a locked door, why couldn't sharpshooters have picked these guys off day and night from the roof of a locked building or something? how do they manage to overrun military personnel with body armor, unlimited amo, tanks, etc.? why can't they be nepalmed?

You should read the book World War Z. (thumbs u

It's a great book. The book takes place after the zombie war. Each chapter is an interview with a survivor about the exact type of things you're asking about. Plus more.

Yea I can see where you're coming from, they've shown at least 2 M1 Abrams tanks in the episodes. The soldiers could have been driving up and down the street all day and night flattening zombies. :ohnoez:

It's a great book. The book takes place after the zombie war. Each chapter is an interview with a survivor about the exact type of things you're asking about. Plus more.

Stellar book!

Stellar book!

+ 1