• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Looking at the portal page:

Newest Members

WJ, beefycheddar, chunkybutt, Comicduck, DAMIR BLAKSIC

hm

The safe over/under for shills on that list is 3.

I had pushed, a while back, for a PROBATEES (or whatever) Forum like the KUDOS Forum. It would be so easy to track folks as each thread would be their name. While it would be quite difficult to go through the whole Probation discussion thread and extract info, it could at least be seeded using data from the previous probation lists, including Add and Removed dates. I'd be happy to help with that.

:applause:

I PMd Arch about the possibility of this. Lettuce see what comes of it.

:bump:

Totally random, but I have seen it mentioned.

Those who where not around during the time the probation and HOS was created

and wonder how H2G obtained first HOS

Here is the thread that began it all:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1484369&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1484369&fpart=1

The best part of that thread is pirate asking how someone gets a custom title. lol Newbsauce.

The best part of that thread is pirate asking how someone gets a custom title. lol Newbsauce.

:gossip: Myspace page? Wow! That should be in the technology section of the Smithsonian American History Museum. :ohnoez:

:roflmao:

It's ironic as well...reading that and reading his comment...you see he has a bloody custom title (now)

So as I understand it, Jay/DeafMuteComics had a book he was publishing, which he advertised here to promote pre-sales. This thread announced the distribution date was July 10, 2010.

RED BAND! My new book now available for pre-order

On 8/2/10, after many inquiries of release date information, Jay posted this information (a shorted version of the entire post).

So this is really something that shouldn't have kept the book from it's original release date of 7/10/10. But the printer for whatever reason doesn't want to print the cover as is, even after i stated that i will provide a waiver agreeing that the final product is my own decision and they had no say in it.

It will be out prior to the cons, I'm hoping it will be released in the next couple of days.

J

On 8/5/10, he updated everyone that he was changing printers due to the production delays, and the books would be out soon.

finally settled on a new printer. ordered the proof this afternoon. should get that in a few days and as long as it works out. the books should start shippingthe week of baltimore comic con.

Then he made the announcement on 8/14/10 that he finally had a release date.

The books have been order and are now in production. Everyone will be getting their copies starting the week of 8/30/10.

The hardcover will be ready in mid september.

Then, on 9/15/10 he made the final announcement books were being distributed.

i starting shipping them this past monday, i have all the copies going out by tomorrow. all that have bought will have tracking numbers pm'd to them as they are shipped. i've also added an extra book due to the delays.

Around 11/21/10, folks started asking if anyone received their copy yet. Only one forumite (Misternotsonice) stated he had received the book.

Now I like Jay, but staying on top of communicating with your buyers is one of the biggest expectations on this forum. Otherwise, how do we trust each other?

So, what's the stance here? I'm leaning towards either he gets his butt on this forum and touches base with all his pre-order customers or he gets recommended for the probation list. Enough is enough on leaving people hanging, and everyone tolerating it because it is our good buddy Jay.

So as I understand it, Jay/DeafMuteComics had a book he was publishing, which he advertised here to promote pre-sales. This thread announced the distribution date was July 10, 2010.

RED BAND! My new book now available for pre-order

On 8/2/10, after many inquiries of release date information, Jay posted this information (a shorted version of the entire post).

So this is really something that shouldn't have kept the book from it's original release date of 7/10/10. But the printer for whatever reason doesn't want to print the cover as is, even after i stated that i will provide a waiver agreeing that the final product is my own decision and they had no say in it.

It will be out prior to the cons, I'm hoping it will be released in the next couple of days.

J

On 8/5/10, he updated everyone that he was changing printers due to the production delays, and the books would be out soon.

finally settled on a new printer. ordered the proof this afternoon. should get that in a few days and as long as it works out. the books should start shippingthe week of baltimore comic con.

Then he made the announcement on 8/14/10 that he finally had a release date.

The books have been order and are now in production. Everyone will be getting their copies starting the week of 8/30/10.

The hardcover will be ready in mid september.

Then, on 9/15/10 he made the final announcement books were being distributed.

i starting shipping them this past monday, i have all the copies going out by tomorrow. all that have bought will have tracking numbers pm'd to them as they are shipped. i've also added an extra book due to the delays.

Around 11/21/10, folks started asking if anyone received their copy yet. Only one forumite (Misternotsonice) stated he had received the book.

Now I like Jay, but staying on top of communicating with your buyers is one of the biggest expectations on this forum. Otherwise, how do we trust each other?

So, what's the stance here? I'm leaning towards either he gets his butt on this forum and touches base with all his pre-order customers or he gets recommended for the probation list. Enough is enough on leaving people hanging, and everyone tolerating it because it is our good buddy Jay.

+1

It sounds like this has dragged on WAY too long already.