• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-paying ebay bidders?
1 1

127 posts in this topic

I have been following this thread and I have to say that you have all done a wonderful job of shining a light on this thief. I call him a thief because he has stolen all of your time and caused you to go through a big time song and dance in order for (most) of you to get paid. The way I see it a large part of online purchasing revolves around the honor system. Emphasis on HONOR. I expect that when I sell a book that I will be paid promptly and in return I ship the item carefully, quickly and in the condition that I have stated in the ad. If there is any problem I immediately contact the seller BEFORE it becomes a problem.

That is my responsibility as a seller

Conversely it is an equal matter of honor with me that when I buy I pay within no more than12 hours. ( A guy has to sleep sometime ;) ). I also NEVER spend what i don't have. If I can't pay immediately I pass it up. Sometimes I have to go weeks or even months between purchases (That pesky mortgage and all that optional food really eat away at the old comic budget! (: ) But then no one ever has to chase me for the money for something they sold to me in good faith.

That is my responsibility as a buyer

What you all did was really the very best weapon to use with a thief. You exposed him, embarrased him and warned the rest of the community of collectors to watch out for him. I worked for many years in retail Loss Prevention and I have to tell you that this type of thief is more afraid of public embarrasment than any other kind of punishment!

I am sorry your time was stolen this way.

Mitch

Edited by Holmes

I had a guy make a bunch of best offers on some GA books and then told me he broke his back, was in the hospital and would pay in 2 months when he was back to work. his was 2 years ago. needless to say.,....

of course, the problem is, when this happens a book is now cursed and unsellable, for me at least

Just got an email that he'll be paying on Monday.

Please keep us informed..so I can go after the bastid next.

I woke up to an email stating he has paid in full.

Ditto. Paid me for the DD #6 CGC 9.6 from the beginning of October. He's now paid in full over here. I just kept pressuring him with emails.

Heard from another boardie that he's owed money for months now.

:mad:

I am glad to here that everyone is getting paid, he problably couldn't sleep at night because his ears were flaming. May be we can start p><p> Non-Paying Ebay Buyer

Here are 2 from last week

Member id rff7706 ( Feedback Score Of 1119) and

Member id auctionsit4cash ( Feedback of 3518*)

Edited by Ajl007

jsquaredco - still no payment.

How long before e-Bay closes out the case and I can make a second chance offer?

Log into your ebay page in the "sold" section and you should have a notification that you can click on with detailed info on how long.

(thumbs u

We should do a big list somewhere of ebay bidders to put on our banned lists.

I had vhpbass and ohlie1 (same person dif ebay id's) bid and not pay on quite a lot of books, the emails and promises of that they were going to pay.

I even gave them a chance early on "If you don't want them, can you let me know now so I can move them on to the under bidders" No, we definately 100% want them!

They were just trying to avoid the ebay strikes, what a waste of my time, once you do a strike as a seller you should be able to leave a neg in my opinion! They got 14 strikes from me, but guess it only counts as one unique strike, what a joke.

herc

Edited by herc2000

I'm being tortured by an E-Bay buyer this week. Sometimes it's better to just not get paid.

I haven't sold (literally) on eBay in years...thanks for the confirmation that it the trend is likely to continue.

The guy sent money and received the items. First he wanted a refund. I'm not Walmart and it cost me $250 to ship ($50 out of my own pocket). Now he's trying to renegotiate the price because he didn't read the description. People here see how I write: very very very detailed. Now I'm waiting for the Paypal dispute and my 100% positive feedback to take a hit. I think it's more buyers remorse, which I've had at times, but deal with it don't torture me!

This is what you deal with on Ebay. The smoothest transactions I've ever had is when selling art. It's usually the small items both buying and selling that cause me the most grief.

jsquaredco - still no payment.

How long before e-Bay closes out the case and I can make a second chance offer?

Ebay closed his account. Appears he purchased and paid for many items after our transaction. Both of these deadbeats are no longer registered users :banana:

dddsahakian ( Armen Sahakian

200 Haymaker Circle

State College, PA 16801 United States) won a book from me today, left a message on the invoice he had to pay by friday if not contact me, will let you all know the outcome.

cad290 was the bidder on my GSX 1 CGC 9.8 - he bought a big 5 figure book from another board member that I spoke to so I didn't think I'd have a problem but he broke all contact with me, even stood me up in NYC where he said he'd meet me to pay for his book.

Amazingly enough Armen Sahakian is the name of the guy who has me waiting nearly 5 weeks for $1500 only his eBay name is adsahakian1 on my books.

Wonder if we all have the same piece of work bidding on these books under different eBay id names?

:o

This adsahakian1 is the same eBayer texastoast008. The latter has been NARU'D by the pinks.

Under the adsahakian1 he bought:

ASM 43 CGC 7.0

ASM 49 CGC 8.5 Pacific Coast

IMSM 1 CGC 8.5

Silver S 8 CGC 8.5

and a 5th one that I must have forgot to post feedback for( even though he has NEVER posted one for me... more on that later)

Under the texastoast 008 he bought:

IMSM 1 CGC 9.4

FF 48 CGC 8.0

Silver S 11 CGC 8.5

ASM 23 CGC 8.0

ASM 32 CGC 8.5

During that round of auctions I advertised that if you bought five( 5) or more items ONE CENT ship/insurance USA. I was ready to give him the discount.

However, it was THREE WEEKS since he paid. And then he paid for four(4) of the lowest cost ones, 2 from each user ID. I told him that this was the THIRD time he bid my stuff up, and I had a hard time collecting. He made me so upset I told him that he had to pay full shipping. He said ok.

The 2nd to the last time, he took almost 4 weeks to pay, dragging me out, paying one here, one there. And he did a CHARGEBACK. I got as ugly as anyone here can imagine w/ PayPal, and was able to stave off the chargeback. Everyone here knows I use UPS as my shipper now, and here is ONE GREAT BENEFIT:

I had UPS freeze transit until I told them to resume. Yes they charged me $15.00 or so to do this, but I figured it was worth it in case he did not pay. They "froze" the shipment for three business days. By that time, the funds DID clear, and to be safe, I moved the $$$ and was going to cornhole PayPal by closing the one checking account linked to PayPal. I don't approve of the practice, but 4.5K was 4.5K.

There was at least three weeks before my next selling batch, THEN I blocked both user ID's. Yes he paid top prices for my somewhat high grades. He did buy the IMSM 9.4/FF 48 8.0 at going rate, but the others he probably overpaid for. he bought 6 K off of me sometime last year. But chasing him and seeing him stiff others is something I don't want or need anymore.

And he has NEVER left me not ONE feedback, despite his promises to do so.

Yes, the feedback is important to me. I sold the items, packed them bomb-proof, and did my job. The BUYER decides when the transaction(s) are completed to their satisfaction, and imo the buyer should post first. many eBayers and CGCers have argued against this point to me. But more important, the buyer must PAY in a timely manner!

CAL who used blocked bidder list a lot