• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,400 posts in this topic

Got this little guy yesterday! Really pleased with it;

5143014722_6ff44e2bb2_z.jpg

What is it ?? Thats no Archie hm

It's a promotional comic from 1932 if I recall; I'm a huge fan of Platinum Age (and very early GA books), and I couldn't pass this up this book, especially in the grade it is in. :)

Are there pages.... or just this one sheet cartoon ?? I don't get it. There is no cover ..... it looks like the interior pages of a comic ... (shrug)

the supe 4 looks like it has some work done to it..the cover looks cleaned,it looks like some tape removal from the lower spine and it has been pressed. the black line on the spine looks drawn. so i suspect the spine has had some work to it.

the supe 4 looks like it has some work done to it..the cover looks cleaned,it looks like some tape removal from the lower spine and it has been pressed. the black line on the spine looks drawn. so i suspect the spine has had some work to it.

Wow. All that from one little scan.

i think the cover is a xerox, that all 4 edges have been trimmed, then reattached, and that the innards are from a major inapak 1. still, a GREAT looking book!

i think the cover is a xerox, that all 4 edges have been trimmed, then reattached, and that the innards are from a major inapak 1. still, a GREAT looking book!

Also, if you look closely you can see that the centerfold appears to be married and there is a coupon cut out on page 24. But hey, I wouldn't kick it out of bed or anything.

Also, if you look closely you can see that the centerfold appears to be married and there is a coupon cut out on page 24. But hey, I wouldn't kick it out of bed or anything.

Only the bottom edge, and part of the right edge have been trimmed.

Only the bottom edge, and part of the right edge have been trimmed.
pretty sure the 3rd, 6th and 9th wraps are married too

Got this little guy yesterday! Really pleased with it;

5143014722_6ff44e2bb2_z.jpg

Beautiful, historical and rare Opper. That's wonderful stuff. The breadth of his career is astonishing. This is from 1901 -- cartoons about the soon-to-be-assassinated Wm. McKinley's cozy relationship with the "trusts." Opper was already well established at this point.

1280012-willie.jpg