• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I had pushed, a while back, for a PROBATEES (or whatever) Forum like the KUDOS Forum. It would be so easy to track folks as each thread would be their name. While it would be quite difficult to go through the whole Probation discussion thread and extract info, it could at least be seeded using data from the previous probation lists, including Add and Removed dates. I'd be happy to help with that.

:applause:

I PMd Arch about the possibility of this. Lettuce see what comes of it.

I'm sorry lettuce?as in leafy green plant?I dont mean to be policing grammer,but thats something else. :roflmao:

Makes more sense than 'carrot see what comes of it'.

And lettuce not start with avocados.

I had pushed, a while back, for a PROBATEES (or whatever) Forum like the KUDOS Forum. It would be so easy to track folks as each thread would be their name. While it would be quite difficult to go through the whole Probation discussion thread and extract info, it could at least be seeded using data from the previous probation lists, including Add and Removed dates. I'd be happy to help with that.

I'm sorry lettuce?as in leafy green plant?I dont mean to be policing grammer,but thats something else. :roflmao:

I think the American werewolf took a bite out of his brain. It left vegetables behind.

Unless I am missing something his first time on the probation list was over an ebay transaction that was not even advertised on the boards and was removed because it was not a valid Probation listing. Or was there another one I missed?

It's always good to check.

Since the search feature only brings up his name going back to 2009 (believe what you are referencing is the Branget Ebay situation), you'd have to search through this thread which started in 2007. That's the same time Adonis joined the forum. I doubt he was making 3-month delayed payments that soon.

But someone did mention there was an incident with delayed payment before, did they not? Take a look through this thread and let us know what you find.

I think this is why someone suggested at one point it may be better to keep a historic reference who was ever added, and how often. Even if they have been removed, if someone has been on more than once it would be nice to know these details. Then you can easily determine if there is a pattern.

Actually the Search works fine if there is something to find. For example, use +bronzejunkie +probation as a keyword search. Make it Newer Than, say, 6 years.

The results go back to 2007 and show the bronzejunkie posts (bronzejunkie was first Probation List member).

Now repeat with +lbjarm replacing +bronzejunkie.

You will see th followiong:

On 11/4/09 LBJARM was added to the Probation list with the notation "(LBJARM &Vin added)"

On 11/5/09 LBJARM was removed and the list had the notation "(Vin added)".

This was indeed the Branget/eBay thing.

Perhaps they can be in the Kudos thread, with their own thread and an asterisk in the title.

Need some feedback. I sold two books on my last sales thread. I gave the buyer roughly 6 months to pay and took $100 deposit for 2k of books. I asked that payment be made for Oct 1st. I sent pm mid and late Sept which were replied that things had happened and he needed to pay off various expenses but he was selling some items and was trying to make the Oct 1st deadline. I sent a pm Sept 18th, Sept 30th both of which were read and one final pm Oct 13th which has not been read. As payment was due Oct 1st, should I just report Novemeber 1st and keep the deposit or should I nominate him now???

Thanks for your input

As a follow up to my original post. I would like JokerFish added to the list. I had my sales thread early this spring and gave him till October 1st to buy 2 ASM books. He gave me a deposit, last I heard from him was September. I left him one more message in October(1st) it has still been unread. It has been 30 days since payment was due and had at least 5 months on time payments to make it happen. I hate doing this but it should be reported. 2nd bad incident on these boards.

"Lettuce" is a Povertyrow Trademark, first used in October 2002 on these boards, and many many times since.:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=10521&Searchpage=3&Main=585&Words=lettuce&topic=0&Search=true#Post10521

Need some feedback. I sold two books on my last sales thread. I gave the buyer roughly 6 months to pay and took $100 deposit for 2k of books. I asked that payment be made for Oct 1st. I sent pm mid and late Sept which were replied that things had happened and he needed to pay off various expenses but he was selling some items and was trying to make the Oct 1st deadline. I sent a pm Sept 18th, Sept 30th both of which were read and one final pm Oct 13th which has not been read. As payment was due Oct 1st, should I just report Novemeber 1st and keep the deposit or should I nominate him now???

Thanks for your input

As a follow up to my original post. I would like JokerFish added to the list. I had my sales thread early this spring and gave him till October 1st to buy 2 ASM books. He gave me a deposit, last I heard from him was September. I left him one more message in October(1st) it has still been unread. It has been 30 days since payment was due and had at least 5 months on time payments to make it happen. I hate doing this but it should be reported. 2nd bad incident on these boards.

Maybe it was his brother again, or showcase4's son...

This is why, although it honestly pains me... I've finally come to the conclusion that people who finally wind up on this list should have an asterisk...or a tattoo.. :tonofbricks: It just keeps repeating, and they are all charming...I know a few people who really had problems will be caught up, but even in those cases, if they just communicate honestly, I doubt they'd wind up here.

Well, the link didn't work, but if you do a search in 2008 and 2009, you'll find the posts.

"Lettuce" is a Povertyrow Trademark, first used in October 2002 on these boards, and many many times since.:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=10521&Searchpage=3&Main=585&Words=lettuce&topic=0&Search=true#Post10521

"lettuce" is the adorable side of Michael;)

Forgive me Pov I did'nt mean anything by it,I did'nt realize that that's a trademark in your posts.lettuce all get along. (thumbs u

Thanks for your input

Done.

Sorry you are experiencing this problem, Andre.

I noticed his profile said he is a steelworker. Hopefully, he didn't get caught up in a layoff. The right thing to do would have been to at least respond to all your PM's and work something out - not ignore you.

We really do need some form of historic tracking, even if someone comes off the probation list. I never heard of Joker-Fish being on the probation list before.

Pov, lettuce see your draft work. :popcorn:

Thanks for your input

Done.

Sorry you are experiencing this problem, Andre.

I noticed his profile said he is a steelworker. Hopefully, he didn't get caught up in a layoff. The right thing to do would have been to at least respond to all your PM's and work something out - not ignore you.

He was on the list for a year,then came up with a story about his cousin and his brother taking over his ID, pushed his way off (he was selling WHILE being on the list, btw)...there were people who he never paid, it was just so long, no one still had the books...

He was in the discussion threads again, for not mailing books that had been paid for, to multiple people. He's very friendly, and nice, and announced it was not his fault because he was a steel worker... :tonofbricks:

There really is no more room for excuses here.

He needs to be on the list, and I could see him as a permanent addition.

I couldn't seem to get the links to work last night,I had done a search, but here are two pages you can look back to...He is a person with no real remorse, it's always someone else/.his job...but you'll turn around and he'll be selling again.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2549666&fpart=300

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=2930414&Searchpage=1&Main=91354&Words=probation+joker-fish&topic=0&Search=true#Post2930414

He needs to be on the list, and I could see him as a permanent addition.

I couldn't seem to get the links to work last night,I had done a search, but here are two pages you can look back to...He is a person with no real remorse, it's always someone else/.his job...but you'll turn around and he'll be selling again.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2549666&fpart=300

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=2930414&Searchpage=1&Main=91354&Words=probation+joker-fish&topic=0&Search=true#Post2930414

:o

So February, 2009, David warned him if this happened one more time, he would be a permanent/HOS member?

Well, sounds like it is time for a vote.

Has anyone e-mailed him? I know he works something like 3 weeks on and one week off. During the 3 weeks he just isn't available.

Andre did "I sent a pm Sept 18th, Sept 30th both of which were read and one final pm Oct 13th which has not been read"

Has anyone e-mailed him? I know he works something like 3 weeks on and one week off. During the 3 weeks he just isn't available.

Anyone who has a job that keeps them "unavailable" for 3 weeks at a time shouldn't even be thinking about buying or selling comics on this chatboard.