• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

I'm mostly a lurker, but to state the obvious, I've noticed that Gator is one of those guys that seems to know everything there is to know about the Golden Age (and like Greggy, he's always around to answer your questions lol ).

Feel free to use this thread if you have any Golden Age questions that you'd like to know that answer that aren't worthy of their own thread.

What is the one that got away -- the best book you had the opportunity to buy but passed on, and later regretted?
1990, OO vg/fn Tec 27 for $12K (bought an Action 1, g/vg for 18K instead...all I could afford at the time)

Dear Mr G.A.tor,

I was busy on Saturday attending a BBQ. Would you happen to know the final score of the University of Florida football game?

Scrooge

good guys 6, bad guys 31 :cry:

Dear Gator,

When will you be handing in that Burger King application?

Best,

R.

french fry boy position already filled, moving on to McD's (thumbs u

Dear Mr G.A.tor,

I was busy on Saturday attending a BBQ. Would you happen to know the final score of the University of Florida football game?

Scrooge

Dear Gator,

Are you sure it wasn't good guys 31, bad guys 6??? :juggle:

:gossip: There will be a rematch in a couple of months though...cue dramatic music

Dear Mr G.A.tor,

Scrooge

Dear Gator,

Are you sure it wasn't good guys 31, bad guys 6??? :juggle:

:gossip: There will be a rematch in a couple of months though...cue dramatic music

that would be my hope, a rematch :wishluck:

Dear Gator,

What will Captain America 1-10 be selling for in ten years?

in the next 1-2 years, Cap 1 will likely take a steep increase in price, relative to current market levels (maybe even double)...

I would expect demand for 2-10 to continue to be on an upward slope, possibly 5% a year or so (putting 10 years from now, pricing at about 1.5x what they are now)

On a more serious note...can you name a couple of fun, affordable under the radar GA superhero books that would be worth picking up to try something new? hm

if by affordable we are talking about 3 figures and under, then I personally would recommend Dynamic 13, Brick Bradford 6, Schomburg Green Hornets, to name a few

Will the meatball sandwiches I am making for my company's "One Dish Wednesday" be yummy?
add a little ritz crackers or french's fried onions to the meatballs and I think you will have a hit on your hands (thumbs u