• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

mine was shipped 8/6 w/o tracking number- not here yet and no responses from dan. I feel like an idio-- getting involved in this nonsense. Every board member I've sold to or bought from have been super cool except this experience . This sucks!!

As per my PM that I sent you a week ago, we have shipped it. I understand you don't trust dan but please trust me to do the right thing here. You will get your books.

To my knowledge there was only one person that he couldn't ship to as they never gave an address for shipping...

Thanks

Edited by LovinTheSurfer

I have finally had my first bad purchase on the boards :boo:

On July 14, 2010, I paid Chi Bamm $145 for three slabs:

Civil War X-Men Aspen Variant. CGC SS 9.8 Signed by Michael Turner. $50

Soulfire #6 CGC SS 9.8 Signed by Turner $40

Justice League of America #3 Signed by Turner and Benes. CGC 9.6 $30

On July 28, 2010, Chi Bamm sent me this PM:

"Just to let you know your package hasn't been sent yet. After my trip I had a bachelor party. After the bachelor party my gf was in the hospital. Ugh, this happens to me everytime I have a sale on here in that everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Hopefully I can have it out to you by the end of the week. "

On August 9, 2010, I sent a PM.

On August 12, 2010, I sent another PM asking for an update.

On August 13, 2010, i emailed his PayPal email address. Still no update.

I asked others in the thread and they all seemed to get their books.

Another boardie told me that Chi Bamm was on probation before. I did some searches and sure enough, he came off probation in July 2009.

I think he needs to go back on probation until I either get my books or a refund.

Thanks, Brian

I think he needs to go back on probation until I either get my books or a refund.

Thanks, Brian

So sorry this happened to you, Brian.

:(

That's $25 shipping for 3 slabs...you should have had them the next day being that he collected enough to express mail them.

If you care about your parcels, and comics are very fragile, then pack them with lots of packing materials, bigger boxes, never envelopes, and avoid slow mail classes like MM. All parcels are tossed, literally, together on top of each other by clerks, into large hampers a distance away from them. Assume each parcel will be hit by another parcel of up to 75 pounds, from a distance of possibly 25 feet.

:eek:

Correct me if I am wrong ... but wasn't Chi Bamm on the Probation List at one point?
What gave it away?

Another boardie told me that Chi Bamm was on probation before. I did some searches and sure enough, he came off probation in July 2009.

:baiting:

That's $25 shipping for 3 slabs...you should have had them the next day being that he collected enough to express mail them.

My mistake, it was actually for (4) slabs. I forgot about the

Aspen Swimsuit Spectacular 2007 Turner CGC 9.8 $25

Guess he did not add anything for shipping. of course, shipping hasn't cost him anything either. doh!

Correct me if I am wrong ... but wasn't Chi Bamm on the Probation List at one point?
What gave it away?

I think the bolded section is a later edit, after my post :baiting:

What gave it away?

I think the bolded section is a later edit, after my post :baiting:

lol

My mistake, it was actually for (4) slabs. I forgot about the

Aspen Swimsuit Spectacular 2007 Turner CGC 9.8 $25

Guess he did not add anything for shipping. of course, shipping hasn't cost him anything either. doh!

lol

mine was shipped 8/6 w/o tracking number- not here yet and no responses from dan. I feel like an idio-- getting involved in this nonsense. Every board member I've sold to or bought from have been super cool except this experience . This sucks!!

As per my PM that I sent you a week ago, we have shipped it. I understand you don't trust dan but please trust me to do the right thing here. You will get your books.

To my knowledge there was only one person that he couldn't ship to as they never gave an address for shipping...

Thanks

:acclaim:

Thanks

:acclaim:

:sorry:

I have another nomination for the Probation List.

On 6/17/10, daken2626 offered me $45 for my Wolverine: The End #1 Wizard World 2003 Convention Edition CGC 9.8. I accepted and sent him the PayPal info.

I received messages from him that he was going to send payment on 06/18/10, 07/06/10, 07/19/10 and 08/08/10. Alas still no payment.

On 08/16/10, I notified him that it had been two months and I was going to re-post the book.

On 08/18/10, he removed himself from the topic.

On 6/17/10, daken2626 offered me $45 for my Wolverine: The End #1 Wizard World 2003 Convention Edition CGC 9.8. I accepted and sent him the PayPal info.

I received messages from him that he was going to send payment on 06/18/10, 07/06/10, 07/19/10 and 08/08/10. Alas still no payment.

On 08/16/10, I notified him that it had been two months and I was going to re-post the book.

He definitely needs to go on the list.

He definitely needs to go on the list.

Sorry to hear that Brian. :( I have had a couple of transactions with this guy and they have been great.

Thanks - guess I just do not understand why people cant communicate more and be up front. Just tell me either a) I can no longer afford the book or b) its going to take me a lot longer to pay than I thought. (shrug)

Out of curiosity - how does someone get off the Probation List?

Out of curiosity - how does someone get off the Probation List?

They need to make the offending transaction "right" in the way of the party that put them on the list. At least that is what I understand.

It could mean, he contacts you and admits to not being able to buy it and you accept that. Or, because you lost out on the time of holding that book maybe you require something in terms of compensation. Or, if you still have the book him buying it might work. There are a few ways it could play out.