Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#4163912 - 07/27/10 06:49 AM Question About Registry Re-Design
Buddypal Offline
Hobbyist

First of all, congratulations to NGC on this new effort. I'm excited about the changes and am already entering my raw coins into the new collection software.

I do have a question, and it may just be something I'm missing because I haven't fully explored the new setup. Is it possible to take raw coins I have entered and have them "fill a slot" in a series set, the way we currently do with competitive sets? I'm hoping this is the case, so I can see how "complete" my various sets are, whether graded or not.

If this is not currently possible, I hope it's in the works. There's seems to be two ways to go about this. One would be to allow raw coins to be entered into existing competitive sets (for 0 points of course, and you could even hide them from public view). Another is to allow the creation of custom sets that have the same pre-existing "slots" that the competitive sets have.

Again, thanks for the changes and I look forward to figuring them all out.

#4163936 - 07/27/10 07:34 AM NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD"
Ohiodimes Offline
Collector is an understatement.

Loc: Ohio
I really like the addition of this new tool.
I do have one request however. I think there should be an option on the price guide value to fill it in manually. Although no price guide may exist, there are auction results, private sales, etc, where real values are known.

Overall, a really nice tool!

Edited by Scott_Schechter (07/27/10 08:00 AM)

#4163946 - 07/27/10 07:55 AM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager [Re: Ohiodimes]
Scott_Schechter Administrator Offline
Vice President

Collectosaurus Rex

Ohiodimes - Thanks for your comments. There is an Owner Estimate feature that allows you to supply a value in a separate column. It should be live soon.

I've pinned this thread to the top of the forum, and re-named it the official comment thread. (Thank you, Ohiodimes, for letting me take this liberty with your thread.)

If anyone has questions or comments, please post them here.

We're obviously proud of this new tool and we hope you love it. We also want to make the site as good as it can possibly be.

#4163953 - 07/27/10 08:08 AM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager [Re: Scott_Schechter]
Vice President

Collectosaurus Rex

Buddypal- it is possible to create a privately visible Custom Set that includes both raw and certified coins, but not possible to fill slots in Competitive Sets with raw coins. There is a lot of underlying logic to achieve "slot validation," i.e. making sure that a coin is eligible for a particular slot to then be awarded Registry points which does not work for raw coins.

You can design your own Custom Set that mirrors a Competitive Set's composition, and complete it with raw coins, certified coins and wanted coins (coins you don't yet own) to see the full view of the Set in Collection Manager.

Architecht may have some thoughts on how this can be completed most efficiently or by copying a Custom Set that already exists.

#4163983 - 07/27/10 08:52 AM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: Ohiodimes]
JCM-Houston Offline
(S)uper Collector

Loc: Houston, TX
Well I like the look, unfortunately it is deadly slow for me today (Tuesday), and I can't access my order status at all due to a "run-time error".

#4164053 - 07/27/10 09:49 AM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: JCM-Houston]
Architecht Administrator Offline

We apologise again for the fault in the moderation. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

It's POSSIBLE that your competitive spirit has displaced your sense of courtesy.

Pedigreed

Loc: Chicago area
Hi JCM,

Is it site pages in general, or just the order status page itself?
Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.- Marcus Aurelius -Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

#4164160 - 07/27/10 11:01 AM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: Architecht]
Paul Kiraly 3 Offline
The Collectinator

Loc: Louisiana
Well it is different..My problem is...
1. the new site is slower than a legless midget chasing a chicken
2. When you are in your control pannel, you cant click on Set Type to review the
coin leaders in ranking .Now you need to back completey out to see all the
set types to see everyones ranking
3. when you go to the leaders ranking and you go to page 2 or more,then you click on a certain person, and then you press back, it takes you back to page 1 instead of the page you were on.

#4164174 - 07/27/10 11:12 AM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: Paul Kiraly 3]
Vice President

Collectosaurus Rex

Paul Kiraly 3 -

1. You could have said, "slower than molasses." We're looking into this. Also, Internet Explorer 8 will perform much better than IE7 because of JavaScript issues. This is a recommended upgrade.

2. This enhancement to click a set is coming soon.

3. We're not able to replicate this issue, but we'll keep looking at it.

#4164650 - 07/27/10 03:00 PM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: Scott_Schechter]
PennyGuy Offline
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Loc: Jackson, Michigan
When I attempt to enter data into column fields I keep getting the small white box, rotating wheel inside and the word "Working", as I type. It's almost as though each character entered needs to be saved before it will accept another. Makes it hard to enter data without waiting for a curser, enter one character, wait for curser, enter one character, etc. I am using IE8. Any thoughts? Thanks

#4164697 - 07/27/10 03:29 PM Re: NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD" [Re: PennyGuy]
Architecht Administrator Offline

We apologise again for the fault in the moderation. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

It's POSSIBLE that your competitive spirit has displaced your sense of courtesy.

Pedigreed

Loc: Chicago area
Hi Penny,

Those white boxes at the top are filter fields. They automatically apply a filter based on what you type into them. The way it works is that if you pause while typing a certain amount of time, the filter is applied. If you keep typing, it waits for you to finish.

If users find this troublesome, we may raise the amount of time a user must pause before the filter applies, so keep the feedback coming.

Thanks!
Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.- Marcus Aurelius -Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »

Moderator:  ngcmod, dena, Jay Turner, CCGmod0, PaulS., Barbara T, Keith Zaner 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
eBay: 5 oz ATB NGC graded, MS70 ASE, ending tomorrow night
by stldanceartist
Today at 12:53 PM
$1000, $500 and (3) $100 Bills up for sale
by TetonWarrior
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
FS: 1795 $1 DB VF30 OGH & 1805 50c XF45
by Rayman311
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
1950 PCGS PF-65 CAM Franklin CAC
by jimbucks
04/16/14 09:08 PM
Comics Marketplace
POCKET GUIDE TO CHINA - Milton Caniff U.S. military racist comic 1942
by *paull*
Today at 04:05 PM
Hate to sell it but... Revival #5 Cover OA Jenny Frison Professionally Framed
by HugeRosen
Today at 02:32 PM
Three old Disneys for sale: 1st Donald Duck, 1st Snow White cover and a Barks
by pickycollector
Today at 02:10 PM
Tales of Asgard 1 9.6
by Peter in Portugal
Today at 02:06 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.