• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad
12 12

585 posts in this topic

My Photobucket account got ripped and my folder's disappeared so all the images have disappeared out of the first post :cry:

I have to pack some books up so I'll take some more photos and see if the mods can overlay the post :(

My Photobucket account got ripped and my folder's disappeared so all the images have disappeared out of the first post :cry:

I have to pack some books up so I'll take some more photos and see if the mods can overlay the post :(

Just edit your first post and replace the urls ?

The post is too old for me to edit, it would need divine mod intervention!

Someone needs to allow you to fix this, your packing instructions are very handy and have saved many books from being damaged by inexperienced sellers that I simply show the tutorial to. = huge thanks to you.

Someone needs to allow you to fix this, your packing instructions are very handy and have saved many books from being damaged by inexperienced sellers that I simply show the tutorial to. = huge thanks to you.

I'm sure a mod will be kind enought to overlay the post when I get the photos uploaded. My card reader has gone on the blink so I need to buy a CF adaptor, once I've got it I'll get the photos uploaded and the post rewritten (thumbs u

how many slabs do cgc pack into a box for shipping? dont wanna send off 10 comics to find I get charged for 2 shipping boxes, with one box packed out & one slab in the other. lets say they are modern comics.

I believe they can fit up to 30 comics in one large box, the same limit as the number of comics in a single invoice. More than 30 comics will require multiple

boxes.

how many slabs do cgc pack into a box for shipping? dont wanna send off 10 comics to find I get charged for 2 shipping boxes, with one box packed out & one slab in the other. lets say they are modern comics.

Yep they'll fit in one box John. Just make sure that if they're subbed on different tiers you request they be shipped back in one lot. And make it impossible to miss as well!

Right so heres a list of what I'm considering sending off,

most if not 98% of them I'm hoping for a 9.6 or 9.8 :wishluck: most likely I'll be keeping them all, its taken me too long to find these puppies and most people will most likely have them any way. Some people might think it would be cheaper to just buy a slabbed one rather than submit, but I like the idea of slabbing my own comic & hitting a high grade. :cloud9:

so if you could be bothered, gimmie your top 5 or 10 of the ones you think I should submit first. most are modern kakk, all 1st printings, but its all my pocket could afford until that lottery win comes in. :insane:

San Diego Comic Con #2

Hellboy: The Wild Hunt #1 (ltd ed of 1000)

Dime Press #4

Simpsons Comics #1

Batman #251 (2 copies) - I'll be lucky if they hit 9.0

Watchmen #1

New Mutants #87

Lenore #1 (original series)

The Invincible Iron Man #1 (secret movie variant)

Wolverine Origins #10 (3rd claw variant)

Wolverine Origins #2 (Canidian flag variant)

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #3

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #4

Uncanny X-men #500 (Turner cover, not sketch variant)

Wolverine Origins #25 (variant)

Bogeyman Comics #1

Action Comics #869 (beer cover)

Uncanny X-men #266 (2 copies)

Wolverine: Old Man Logan #66 (Turner sketch cover)

Invincible #1

Daredevil #111 (Aja variant)

Uncanny X-men #157

Chew #1

Funny Aminals #1

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #12

All star Batman & Robin #10 (swearing)

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8

Ultimatum #1 (white variant cover)

Umbrella Academy #1 (Dark Horse 100 edition)

Iron Fist #14 (again anything above 9.0 will be great! heres hoping)

30 Days of Night #1 (original mini series)

Hellblazer #1

Johnny The Homicidal Maniac #1

Marvel Zombies #1 (1st series)

Sandman #8

Walking dead #50 (superhero variant)

The Boys #1

so there you go, just a few, still got my high grade Frank miller Daredevils & Uncanny X-men between issues 100-200 too. but wanna get some of these slabbed before I next move house as I just know, a box will spilt or be stacked wrong & a bunch will be buggered.

Sellers - if you're wondering why you aren't getting more repeat business, here was a response that I recently got:

"I am sorry for the previous packaging issues. I cannot guarantee that these books will arrive safe and sound. My intention is to package them well however I cannot be responsible for how they are tossed around once they leave."

And of course, they were packaged like krapp in the first place. meh

Nice, 'it's not my fault' attitude. Almost all shipping damage is preventable.