• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

Since I completed the Marvel books I was looking what to collect next..thought about GA but as I'm a completist, I didn't want to put myself through all the agony and frustration..

So a while ago I decided to take a step into the dark side and start collecting DC.

I picked Batman because he's so good he could be a Marvel character...

I'm going to try and complete Batman #1 - #400. Already have 90% of #150 - #400 and now am slowly working on getting the other books.

A nice bonus is that I already have all the Joker covers from #11 onwards.

Here is my favorite silver-age Batman in my collection:

Batman121.jpg

I love silver age Batman. When I first started collecting vintage comics (around 1981), silver age Batman was my fave! Alas, I sold all those books when I decided I needed to "grow up" doh!

Batman121.jpg

I love silver age Batman. When I first started collecting vintage comics (around 1981), silver age Batman was my fave! Alas, I sold all those books when I decided I needed to "grow up" doh!

(worship)

Since I completed the Marvel books I was looking what to collect next..thought about GA but as I'm a completist, I didn't want to put myself through all the agony and frustration..

So a while ago I decided to take a step into the dark side and start collecting DC.

I'm going to try and complete Batman #1 - #400. Already have 90% of #150 - #400 and now am slowly working on getting the other books.

That's an ambitious project! Good luck.

Batman121.jpg

It's always been one of my favorites also. I think it's the black, red, and white color scheme.

That's an ambitious project! Good luck.

That definitely is an ambitious progect. I almost have 100-700, just needing 8 issues between 102 and 118. I guess I'll share some of my scans since there is a thread for SA Batman.

3085865714_8062f2e097_o.jpg

Bats #121 is a tough...or, WAS a tough..book to find for a long time. A cache surfaced this year. It was the toughest book to find post #110 for a long time. May still be.

I was wondering what happened with #121. Was there a warehouse find recently? Most dealers seem to have a copy now; it was next to impossible to find before.