• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dentist
2 2

173 posts in this topic

Does he sell on Ebay?

He used to, a lot - the IRS identified him as a PowerSeller and he opened up a second ebay account, but mailed a package with his exact same address to an acquaintance of mine, who tipped me off.

Here is my personal experience: I used to consider Dave Anderson a friend - I would call him every year after San Diego to provide a report and even rec'd an invite to view the books at his bank vault, so I flew across country to do so. I spent a lot of money with him, and still have the checks from the transactions.

But then I suddenly learned how he had been cheating me - and so many others - for many, many years by not disclosing restoration (this included restored Mile Highs bought on the cheap and then peddled for more multiples without any disclosure. For example, Mile High Green Lantern #1 anyone?).

Now we know how 'The Dentist' acquired the very best comic books in the world - on the backs of his many victims.

Does he sell on Ebay?

He used to, a lot - the IRS identified him as a PowerSeller and he opened up a second ebay account, but mailed a package with his exact same address to an acquaintance of mine, who tipped me off.

Here is my personal experience: I used to consider Dave Anderson a friend - I would call him every year after San Diego to provide a report and even rec'd an invite to view the books at his bank vault, so I flew across country to do so. I spent a lot of money with him, and still have the checks from the transactions.

But then I suddenly learned how he had been cheating me - and so many others - for many, many years by not disclosing restoration (this included restored Mile Highs bought on the cheap and then peddled for more multiples without any disclosure. For example, Mile High Green Lantern #1 anyone?).

Now we know how 'The Dentist' acquired the very best comic books in the world - on the backs of his many victims.

So he's a comic book villain?

So (The Dentist) has potentially the highest copies of Tec 27 and Action Comics #1, and as a seller he had some shady transactions in the past. Why is discussing this considered taboo?

Really just curious as I have read tons of posts about shady dealers in the past and whether they should be placed on probation lists, etc... Just curious if certain dealers were trying to squash this in hopes of maybe someday trying to aquire those books themselves???

So (The Dentist) has potentially the highest copies of Tec 27 and Action Comics #1, and as a seller he had some shady transactions in the past. Why is discussing this considered taboo?

Well you know how it works, if you voice a complaint your no longer part of the "inner circle", the old boys network so to speak. Just wanted to post this before this thread gets locked!

Does he sell on Ebay?

:roflmao:

Really just curious as I have read tons of posts about shady dealers in the past and whether they should be placed on probation lists, etc... Just curious if certain dealers were trying to squash this in hopes of maybe someday trying to aquire those books themselves???

After reading his one post, I don't think he's going to be too bothered by being put on the probation list........unless he wants to TRY and sell his Action 1 and Tec 27.

Somebody? Anybody??

It sounds like having a holy grail is like having a key to the city. you can do no wrong. ;)

Better yet own TWO of them. :whistle:

Jim

i hear you, but it still comes down to character--i mean, i own this one, and yet you don't see me being a prima donna.

denver.jpg

You are THE MAN Mr. Parker !

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Edited by batman_fan

Somebody? Anybody??

It sounds like having a holy grail is like having a key to the city. you can do no wrong. ;)

Better yet own TWO of them. :whistle:

Jim

i hear you, but it still comes down to character--i mean, i own this one, and yet you don't see me being a prima donna.

denver.jpg

You are THE MAN Mr. Parker !

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Is there a special graemlin for all these or do you cut and paste each one in? :devil:

Ed Robertson

Does he sell on Ebay?

He might make a great movie villain.

AV-37-1228768613.jpg

marathon-man-olivier_l.jpg

Does he sell on Ebay?

AV-37-1228768613.jpg

where did you find more pictures of beerbohm in his warehouse, and with glue and applier in hand? and who knew he and hoffman were scrapbooking buddies?

Does he sell on Ebay?

What does that mean? first time I ever heard of the IRS doing that. hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Does he sell on Ebay?

AV-37-1228768613.jpg

I saw Marathon Man as a kid and that scene really creeped me out. I'll have to watch it again to see if it was as good as I remember it. Maybe he bought comics with those diamonds?

Does he sell on Ebay?

AV-37-1228768613.jpg

No it isn't "safe".

Does he sell on Ebay?

What does that mean? first time I ever heard of the IRS doing that. hm

I've seen some threads in Comics General claiming that the IRS is making E-Bay report a list of their members who sell over a certain number of transactions and dollar amounts--something like more than 100 transactions or more than $20,000 in gross sales--either this year or next year, I'm guessing that's what he means. (shrug)

Does he sell on Ebay?

AV-37-1228768613.jpg

I saw Marathon Man as a kid and that scene really creeped me out. I'll have to watch it again to see if it was as good as I remember it. Maybe he bought comics with those diamonds?

The book is even better.

where did you find more pictures of beerbohm in his warehouse, and with glue and applier in hand? and who knew he and hoffman were scrapbooking buddies?

Beerbohm? Where is Bob? I was gonna tell him instead of fussing with the cow gum, scotch tape, and tack iron in putting together Jerry's All Star 8, he ought to go the opposite. Pull it apart and sell each individual wrap slabbed. The recent phenomenon with the Action 1 shows that money can be made in a jiffy.

It's economics. It's Sun Tzu. When everybody expects you to ying, you gotta yang.

:jokealert: