Page 1045 of 3128 « First<10431044104510461047>Last »
Topic Options
#5639427 - 04/29/12 09:26 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: ChadH]
jump_ace Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: PDX!
/\ Kirkman will likely be at SDCC, I am not sure about Moore tho. Desertwindcomics.com or a fellow board member can help you get some sigs on your books \(thumbs u Not that your #6 needs it

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace (04/29/12 09:27 PM)

Batman: Hush

Try my free CGC Submission Calculator for your next shipment of books.

#5639553 - 04/29/12 10:34 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: jump_ace]
Branget Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ask the mods.....poof
Moore is not at SDCC but if you fast track Kirkman at that show you should make Moore in Toronto or failing that in Cincy in Sept.

Check NYCC in October if you want them both at the same show but I'm guessing.
I don't pick fights. I simply toss what I call cuddly, little fun bombs. Often these are mistaken for digs or digs in disguise. Despite not attaching an rsvp nor sase, they always seem to elicit a response nevertheless. I am told this is because I have a pugnacious, jackassery style of posting which requires me to be regularly reminded of how unpleasant I can be. - hockey&comicsguy

#5641454 - 04/30/12 06:38 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: jump_ace]
Hawkman Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Vertical
check my sig btw

1. Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #'s 3, 7, 9,13 - VF-/NM
2. Batman (2nd series) #'s 1, 7 - NM/NM-
3. Walking Dead (1st prints) #'s 1-6, 19, 27, 48, 61, 63 - NM/NM-
4. Walking Dead (2nd prints) #'s 2, 33, 97 - NM/NM-
5. Manhattan Projects 1, 1b, 2, 4b - NM/NM-

On twitter @InnercityGriot

#5641641 - 04/30/12 07:33 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: WiseGuyX]
The Walking Dead Offline
(S)uper Collector

Loc: NorCal
 Originally Posted By: WiseGuyX
 Originally Posted By: hulksmashdave
So I will be buying my first piece of Walking Dead OA on Tuesday or Wednesday. I have to wait until a payment clears the Paypal hold. I have my eye on a page on Splashpageart. Does anyone know why they only accept money orders, cashier's checks or personal checks?

It says they take Paypal if necessary. That is the way I would like to pay, but I don't want to cause a headache.

Mark is great guy to deal with an talk to. Anyhow, I have bought a half dozen pieces from Mark using Paypal with zero issues. You just have to add %3 for PayPal fees.

I believe the paypal fee is now 4% of the total purchase price now. I just bought three pieces the other day, first time OA buyer, cant wait to receive them. Mark is a nice guy, however there were a few hiccups in my order.

Also FYI, the prices for WD OA are going UP! In just the few short days that I have been researching/viewing pages he has marked them up significantly. I inquired about this and he says it is due to the popularity of the TV Show as well as people buying large batches and flipping them on eBay and if anyone is to make a profit it should be Charlie. I assured him he would certainly not see mine listed on eBay, however I did not say anything aboue listing them here lol.

#5641744 - 04/30/12 08:16 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: The Walking Dead]
cgcworld Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Headed for Fort Benning
There really isn't that many pages listed on EBay. Like 3-4 currently, it's not like people are buying 50 pages and listing them all.

Jim
" Having been at the lunch where this picture was taken (last year's NYCC), I can attest to the friendship you all shared from an outsider's perspective. I was just e-mailing with a buddy of mine and fellow boardie, who was also at that lunch, that you could just tell that these guys had a level of friendship that you just don't often see in adults of that age. I honestly thought you guys had been friends for years! My heart really goes out to you guys and all of his family! " dem1138 July 24/09 3:16PM

#5641750 - 04/30/12 08:21 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: cgcworld]
Nico Esq Offline

The 50k price tag on the cover to issue 19 didn't help lol
#5641758 - 04/30/12 08:26 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Nico Esq]
Tokay Offline
I am gonna miss that car.

Yeah, people are marking up a few pages and listing them but I haven't seen much, if any, action on those. The No Reserve auctions seem to end about where Splash Art had them at.

Not sure how much the cover to 93 was bought for but the seller got $799 for it on ebay...I'm guessing that's around what he paid for it. The cover to 92 got a good price though...

The 19 cover shouldn't factor in too much, b/c that is Tony Moore and not Adlard.

#5641953 - 04/30/12 09:41 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Tokay]
Phillip Online   content

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Okay.
There are actually at least 10 pieces of WD art on ebay atm, most of which have simply been purchased and put on ebay rather quickly.

As for the pages on splash going up, Mark's slowly but surely been doing this for the past few years. I think it's good in a sense because it's setting the bar for how much the least expensive pages are. That and the ebay sales have been creating a secondary market for the pages, which I have to say, is becoming more and more developed.

As of now, there are less than 5 issues worth of pages left from the first 70 issues!

My Kudos

#5642178 - 04/30/12 11:02 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Phillip]
cgcworld Offline

Loc: Headed for Fort Benning
Just checked...7 pieces of art right now, all very pedestrian pieces that have been listed for weeks as BIN's that nobody is interested in except for the latest cover which is listed as an actual auction \:o

Jim
" Having been at the lunch where this picture was taken (last year's NYCC), I can attest to the friendship you all shared from an outsider's perspective. I was just e-mailing with a buddy of mine and fellow boardie, who was also at that lunch, that you could just tell that these guys had a level of friendship that you just don't often see in adults of that age. I honestly thought you guys had been friends for years! My heart really goes out to you guys and all of his family! " dem1138 July 24/09 3:16PM

#5643430 - 05/01/12 01:03 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: cgcworld]
pkveronese Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Chatzilla

Loc: The Dirty South
Here's a review of the Walking Dead game from a comic book POV:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/20...eview-mult.html

It's essentially got more story in it than 10-15 issues of the comic.

Page 1045 of 3128 « First<10431044104510461047>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, scaffrey, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
20 Piece Odd Silver Lot
by Hibou
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
Modern Commemorative mint package sets
by Six Mile Rick
Yesterday at 08:15 PM
WTB 2014-P 5 oz ATB Smoky Mountains 25C NGC SP70 Early Releases
by NamesJay
Yesterday at 03:32 PM
1921 Peace dollars for sale
by Nutmeg Coin
Yesterday at 11:40 AM
Comics Marketplace
Walking Dead 24 CGC 9.8 Sale
by dead_clone
49 minutes 58 seconds ago
X-Men 1, Blonde Phantom 16 & World’s Finest Comics 3 in this Sunday’s Auction
by HeritageComics
Today at 12:44 AM
Walking Dad Variant Package of 4 (#1con variants chicago, st louis, #100 escape)
by ZGagnon
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
"Whoa. Ladies. I need names and shots. Bartender!" (Fantastic Four 1)
by rfoiii
Yesterday at 10:45 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.251 seconds in which 0.24 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

125x125 ComicLink Internet Comic Book Exchange