• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

So...

Who's read it? Like it or dislike it? Don't get the recent hype? Want to read it but haven't yet? Who has a complete set of first print issues 1 through 3?

Basically what I'm saying is...discuss ;)

I have read the first issue and I dig it. It's not my usual bag, but the art is beautiful and charming. Really fun to look it. The story is interesting enough that I wanted to continue, but the art alone is worth it. I picked up issue 3 as well and am currently working on getting issue 2, I want first prints of all 3 for my little set.

It's about a cursed pirate girl, Doug. :makepoint:

lol

Here's something from the creator, Jeremy Bastian:

Cursed Pirate Girl is an epic fairy tale of a cursed girl in search of her father. The only things she knows about her father is that she will find him on the Omerta Seas, and that he is a pirate captain.

The fantastic waters of the Omertas hold many strange and dangerous creatures and forgotten evils; enlisting the help of two armored swordfish and a parrot with a secret agenda, Cursed Pirate Girl sets out on the perilous journey to find her father among the remaining pirate captains. But instead of a glorious reunion, the scheming of interlopers leads her to resurrect her father's most dangerous foe. When her friends and allies fall beneath the terrible sword and sorcery of this old enemy, it is Cursed Pirate Girl who comes to face her father's bane.

I have never heard about this either. Is it worth checking out? what publisher is it?

It's done by Olympian Publishing. It has an Alice in Wonderland feel to it, in both the art and the story, at least it did to me. That was one of the first impressions that struck me.

It may not be for everyone though. And first prints are pricey and hard to come by right now, but my LCS guy said he would be getting another round of reprints soon. If/when that happens, it will be a lot cheaper to get ahold of the books.

It's a solid read so far for me. Also, the artwork is so dense with detail that it really complements the storytelling in a way that most books don't. To me Bastion has put a ton of work into making this read, look, and feel like a middle centuries comic book fairytale.

I think we told you a few weeks ago...

lol

Yeah, you did.

You know what's funny? My LCS guy swears he showed it to me last year when it first came out. I don't remember this at all, but when I called to ask him about getting a #2, he said, "I showed issue #1 to you when it first came out! You should have bought it then. I was showing everyone b/c it was such a cool book."

I maintain that never happened, I know I would have remembered. And of the two of us, I think I have the better memory. But it could have happened, especially if it was one of the times I was in the LCS with my 2 small kids running around, me trying to control them while picking out comics.

It was funny though. I need to start listening to my LCS guy, he's smart.

Sweet! I am looking forward to getting my copy of #2, I don't want to look at my #3 until I can read them in order. It's annoying having to wait.

Does anyone know what the print runs on the issues were?