• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

Ya I remember Matt asking me about that coverless copy and remember giving him advice to pass on it and wait for something else.

I know for a fact Matt never said he'd take that book as he was thinking about it for a few days.

Rockman, it seems from my point of view, that you're looking for some kind of ammunition to bring this back on Matt. Maybe we didn't give exact specific dates, but Matt was ready to pay off that comic LONG before the deadline...So I'm not sure why you need specific times at all. It's not a complicated issue.

Again I know he's your friend and I'm sure Yannis is a good guy..but he knows he was wrong on this one.

Ya i vaugly remember talking about a coverless book but no money was presented and i passed on it. It happens alot, Can just maybe i might have not done any wrong theres isnt some motive behind this action seriously. I never thought this would go so far. Me and yannis talked theres nothing that can be done so i guess it is what it is. I am mad but seriously what can i do?

Put him on the probation list!

It seems that I finally got a chance to send my response to Matt, I am awaiting his response and that is the reason why I would not respond here yet. But the one fact I want to make clear now, Bat-Man is not responsible in any way how this deal with Matt did not work out. He had no knowledge of this and i do not appreciate when people drag a innocent man to the gutter. I will be back to answer what is needed to be answered the moment I clear this personal matter up with him.

Like... oh, I don't know... maybe if someone had a deal with someone and then took another innocent party and sold the agreed-upon-item to them without telling them they had the aforementioned deal? That kind of situation?

I hate that too. I'm glad we're all on the same page.

To the people that know me throughout all the time I have been on here , I have responded to all the pms to clear things up, since the people I have dealt with over and over agin deserve an explanation, they were nice enough to ask me whats up and not come on here and start gossip. My mistake was for Matts ears and his alone, I have made past mistakes, such as posting something on a thread I wasnt suppose to and I made a public apology. So I will do so here as well. Please don not drag innocent people into this next time cause that is wrong, and before all this gossip starts the parties should always get in touch first prior to what should be said here. A private resolution should always be the first option.

We can all appreciate you sticking up for bat... But we are still kind of wondering why you yanked this book out from the guy who clearly you had an agreement & a deposit from.

You can clear things up pretty easily right here..If my name was being dragged through the mud my explanation surely would not be "for Matts ears only"

I think we can end the thread right here ..

Unless the usual guys want to post hot women .Thats OK by me lol

Ya I remember Matt asking me about that coverless copy and remember giving him advice to pass on it and wait for something else.

I know for a fact Matt never said he'd take that book as he was thinking about it for a few days.

Rockman, it seems from my point of view, that you're looking for some kind of ammunition to bring this back on Matt. Maybe we didn't give exact specific dates, but Matt was ready to pay off that comic LONG before the deadline...So I'm not sure why you need specific times at all. It's not a complicated issue.

Again I know he's your friend and I'm sure Yannis is a good guy..but he knows he was wrong on this one.

Ya i vaugly remember talking about a coverless book but no money was presented and i passed on it. It happens alot, Can just maybe i might have not done any wrong theres isnt some motive behind this action seriously. I never thought this would go so far. Me and yannis talked theres nothing that can be done so i guess it is what it is. I am mad but seriously what can i do?

From the sound of some previous posts, it seems like you have a heavy hitter or two looking out for a Pre-Robin 'Tec with your name on it. Hopefully that'll ease the pain a bit m'man.

I do but it makes me a little nervous cause im not in there league at all but they are going to help me

I don't think he needs to be on the probation list as Matt got his money back.

Seems like this thread is punishment enough if you ask me.

you might be right hm

So what's the harm when a buyer decides not to pay for a book? No harm no foul?

From what I got so far from this thread is that both had an agreement and the seller didn't keep his end of the bargain. In your first post you mentioned Matt worked overtime and sold books locally to come up with the additional funds just to find out the seller sold the book he was raising money to pay off???....sorry that's not acceptable in my book.

I have no horse in this race but it seems that the seller needs to make good with the buyer somehow. The probation list is in place to protect both sellers and buyers..

Count, you're probably right. Though, I'm not the person to make that decision. I think I more than did my part here in helping a friend. I'd do it again too because he IS a really close friend and it's cool to have someone so similar to me in this hobby.

From what I got so far from this thread is that both had an agreement and the seller didn't keep his end of the bargain. In your first post you mentioned Matt worked overtime and sold books locally to come up with the additional funds just to find out the seller sold the book he was raising money to pay off???....sorry that's not acceptable in my book.

I have no horse in this race but it seems that the seller needs to make good with the buyer somehow.

But how's he supposed to make good? He doesn't have the comic anymore. Nor does he have any of Matt's money.

I have no horse in this race but it seems that the seller needs to make good with the buyer somehow. The probation list is in place to protect both sellers and buyers..

Ya it bums me out that i sold books and busted my but i guess you live and learn (although im not sure what i leared here lol)

He can always help find Matt another Tec-37...though it's doubtful Matt would ever deal with him again after this.

Anyway off for the night to go party!!! lol (not really).

Anyway thanks everyone for sticking up for Matt and myself for that matter. This is a great community.

I have no horse in this race but it seems that the seller needs to make good with the buyer somehow.

But how's he supposed to make good? He doesn't have the comic anymore. Nor does he have any of Matt's money.

An explanation would be a good start

I believe things have been cleared up with Matt, I did explain and answer to all my personal pms from boardies that have contacted me. Now if Matt posts that its all cool can this thread finally be closed? especially if Matt says so?

I haven't seen any attempt to make things right...perhaps it's being done via PM. If it were me I'm sure I could come up with ideas to try and make things right.

I believe things have been cleared up with Matt, I did explain and answer to all my personal pms from boardies that have contacted me. Now if Matt posts that its all cool can this thread finally be closed? especially if Matt says so?

k im done

k im done

Dude, you're good people. :foryou:

I would agree with you but Yannis had posted well before this thread in other threads recently about personal problems. So I do believe he has been under stress and I think as posted above this thread is probably enough punishment.

Lets say I bought a book off of Rick and said I could not pay for it and Roy backed me up saying he knew I had a medical emergency I had to pay for.Do you think I would be voted on the probation list? Real life mess happens and as long as its not a habit then I think we eventually have to forgive. Also who will Yannis get off of the list, he doesn't have the book to sell anymore?

Bruce

So you dont want to tell the rest of us who have endured this thread why you pulled this book from the guy??

I do not understand that ..

Wow ..looks like we all get a mulligan before we suffer an sanctions for our actions..